PDA

View Full Version : K&N or UNI????

RedRider55
09-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Which is the better filter for my 300ex, k&n or UNI. I have both i was just wonderin which one has better flow?

kamikaze_rzrbak
09-26-2004, 04:07 PM
K&N has a better flow but if you ride in really dust conditions your going to want a uni because it filters better:)

JDiablo
09-26-2004, 04:15 PM
FILTER WARS!!!!! go with UNI they won't allow dirt to pass through like K&N:devil: :macho

RedRider55
09-26-2004, 04:59 PM
ok thanks, if i switch back and forth between the 2, it's not a big enough difference to have to rejet is it (stupid question)? also, what about the twin air filters, whats up with them?

nosliw
09-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by RedRider55
ok thanks, if i switch back and forth between the 2, it's not a big enough difference to have to rejet is it (stupid question)?

bump

i would also like to know this

09-26-2004, 06:16 PM
k&n if you want dust in ur engine...uni if you want a good filter that actually protects

09-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
FILTER WARS!!!!!

dammnit you beat me to it by a mile:grr:

CrEaTiVeKiD18
09-29-2004, 07:09 AM
this might sound stupid but what about proflow

markk
09-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Which is the better filter for my 300ex, k&n or UNI. I have both i was just wonderin which one has better flow?

Just be 100% honest with u, the K&N is gona flow better, But if u EVER ride in dust, that is gona tear up that motor u have. I Curently run a UNI, before i ran my K&N, and everytime i would clean that thing, i would look into my intake boot, and i saw fine dirt in there everytime!!!

And u probley wont notice a diffrence at all on a stock 300ex with either UNI or K&N, But UNI gets my vote!!

Dannys400ex
09-29-2004, 01:58 PM
does it make a difference if you run the k&n with the outerwear, cause if it dosent im on my way to buy a uni

TRXRacer1
09-29-2004, 02:00 PM
I've been running K&Ns for years and if you take care of them like your supposed to with the oil and have an outerwear your NOT going to be sucking in tons of dirt. All I do is ride in dusty areas.

Dannys400ex
09-29-2004, 02:02 PM
i clean mine every time i ride it and have never had a problem

RedRider55
09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
has anybody heard of them twin air things? whats up with them?

RedRider55
09-29-2004, 05:59 PM
anybody?

nosliw
09-29-2004, 06:42 PM
i clean my prefilter after every ride and have had no dust in my intake boot

nosliw
09-29-2004, 06:49 PM
if i switch back and forth between the 2, it's not a big enough difference to have to rejet is it

anybody want to answer that yet?

cals400ex
09-29-2004, 10:27 PM
i say you don't need to rejet between the two.

yoshz400rider
09-29-2004, 11:14 PM
twin air is the best filter on the market lets more flow but also keeps dirt out real well get a power kit with one they look better to not that it matters no u dont have to rejet unless you have a pipe to

Juggalo
09-30-2004, 11:26 AM
you wont notice a power difference between any of the aftermarket filters. there might be a .002 horsepower increase between them...something so minimal that it would never even matter. thats why i run uni because it protects better than the K&N not to mention its a lot cheaper. twin air and all those other foam filters are good. and no you wont need to rejet from switching to one filter or another.

UglyMotha™
09-30-2004, 11:29 AM
it appears as if alot of you guys like to think you know what your talking about :o

sickmojave
09-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
it appears as if alot of you guys like to think you know what your talking about :o

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

UglyMotha™
09-30-2004, 12:10 PM
of course your mac and cheese is goin to taste nasty if your not bright enuff to read the directions on how to make it, but yet some people still blame the manufacturer, but yet i can make a perfectly good bowl from the same directions, hmmm must be that special milk i use :rolleyes:

sickmojave
09-30-2004, 12:21 PM
hmmm must be that special milk i use :rolleyes:

I think you've been drinkin "special milk" :devil: J/k

But I agree that the main difference all comes down to maintenance. IMO they are all good if you do the proper maintenance on them. :blah:

Kennethyfz450
09-30-2004, 02:15 PM
I don't have no lab where i can test which flows better on my yfz .. but i can give you my experience..

i had a uni in my yfz i exchanged the uni and put in a ron woods intake with a kn and I felt a major power difference.. more pulling power and you could acturally feel it....
then i jetted richer and i could feel a improvement but not as much improvemnet that i got from switching filters...

I'm not sayinggo out and buy a kn over a uni. It is a personal preference. Also if you dont already know the stock yfz air setup is very restrictive.. i had a bolt on uni that hooked up to the stock filter system, which has a screen and a small intake tube..

the ron woods intake eliminates the screen and the small intake tube , so i have a whole lot more air flow.. that is why i could have felt such a big difference..

Pappy
09-30-2004, 02:18 PM
of course your mac and cheese is goin to taste nasty if your not bright enuff to read the directions on how to make it, but yet some people still blame the manufacturer, but yet i can make a perfectly good bowl from the same directions, hmmm must be that special milk i use :rolleyes:

screw the directions:eek:

double the amount of butter the directions call for and add about 1/3 more milk also. turn down your heat after mixing the milk, butter and special cheese powder:huh and stir slowly until the extra milk as been absorbed.

umm umm good:devil:

cals400ex
09-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by yoshz400rider
twin air is the best filter on the market lets more flow but also keeps dirt out real well get a power kit with one they look better to not that it matters no u dont have to rejet unless you have a pipe to

what are you comparing the twin air too??

the twin air would have to flow less than the others that i have tried. the twin air is smaller than the stock filter and it also used the stock metal cage. i know this cage is much more restrictive than the cage you use with the uni's. the k&n's don't even use a cage because of the way they are built.

UglyMotha™
10-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
screw the directions:eek:

double the amount of butter the directions call for and add about 1/3 more milk also. turn down your heat after mixing the milk, butter and special cheese powder:huh and stir slowly until the extra milk as been absorbed.

umm umm good:devil:

seriously, i'll have to try that, i love mac and cheese, have to buy it from sams club i eat so much of it

04-KFX400
10-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
I've been running K&Ns for years and if you take care of them like your supposed to with the oil and have an outerwear your NOT going to be sucking in tons of dirt. All I do is ride in dusty areas.

NOT tons of dirt? How about just a few pounds of dirt?