PDA

View Full Version : ETON impulse 50 leaking oil out of pipe?

TM426
09-26-2004, 02:07 PM
I fired up the kids 50 today and it drips oil out of the exhaust while running. Is this normal? Sorry if this is stupid I just dont know muck about these 2-strokes.:confused:

Samson
09-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a rich condition. Could be caused by the electric choke during warm up. Does it still run good? Does it stop after your kid rides a while?

You haven't altered anything from stock?

TM426
09-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Enerything is stock and oil kept leaking for the whole 20 minutes it was running. It hasnt been running for a while. I thought maybe it would have an adjustment screw for oil mixture but I didnt see one.(oil injected)

And it was running good.

Samson
09-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Only time I've had that problem is when my jetting was off.

But, I really think yours could be blowing out residue from the ultra-rich mixture caused by the choke. I know mine would take 10+ minutes to turn off. Smoked like crazy. Ran like crap. Was always a long wait. Best thing I ever did was switch carbs.

And no...there is no oil mixture control that I am aware of. Other than chunking the injector and going with pre-mix, anyway.

TM426
09-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the response. Ill just let them ride longer. It smoked bad at first then stopped after a while, so your pobably right. Maybe the oil will stop leaking after running it longer, because it started to slow down.

mxmike17
09-27-2004, 05:51 AM
You can adjust the oil injector mixture. The throtle cable splits off, one to the carb one to the injector pump. There is an adjustment on them both. Use that to tighten and loosen the cable to the injector. Tighten the cable will richen it. Loosen it will lean it. Atleast my E-Ton 50 worked that way. :cool:

4punksdad
09-28-2004, 07:59 PM
many 2 strokes have this problem. If it runs, don't fix it.