PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse Z-start Clutch

countypark
09-26-2004, 10:36 AM
County Park Racing Rekluse Z-start 450R

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/countypark/als%20450%203.jpg

GNCC # 833 Rider Allan Root (ajr400ex)

Thursday night we installed a Rekluse Z-start Clutch in Al's 450R.

After about an hour of tuning and break-in on Friday we headed for the Mountaineer GNCC.

Al had not had a good start all season on his new 450R.

This weekends start was his best so far. He was able to kick the quad and take off without hesitation. He was among the first to launch off of the starting line.

He ran the whole race without stalling out and was able to take an 11th in the 33+ class, also his best finish of the year.

This is an awesome upgrade for the 450R. It is also available for the YFZ450 and the Z400.

Email me at dawnb@velocity.net for more info.

Pappy
09-26-2004, 10:43 AM
yup....i love mine. best mod next to suspension !

wanta450
09-26-2004, 05:50 PM
i herd that the new z clutch can cause trouble in XC if you pile up on a hill . because once you let off the gas the atv goes backwards when the brakes cant hold you on the hill. is this true

Pappy
09-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by wanta450
i herd that the new z clutch can cause trouble in XC if you pile up on a hill . because once you let off the gas the atv goes backwards when the brakes cant hold you on the hill. is this true

its very true...however if the brakes wont hold you, the tranny probably wont either

wanta450
09-26-2004, 06:04 PM
good point i also herd its harder on brakes because you have no engine braking once you let off the gas

Pappy
09-26-2004, 06:10 PM
you have engine braking until the engine rpm falls below your set stall speed, which is just above idle.

it would be a safer bet to say its harder on brakes because you will be riding much faster into the corners and be slamming the brakes on that much harder:blah:

Hammer trx450r
09-26-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm getting alot of clutch drag that i can't adjust out. Rekluse said it was common with them. Did u guys get any? I cant get mine into neutral and is creeping:grr:

Luecker
09-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
I'm getting alot of clutch drag that i can't adjust out. Rekluse said it was common with them. Did u guys get any? I cant get mine into neutral and is creeping:grr:

Check your clearance between the clutch plates as descirbed in the instructions. And make sure your cable has enough slack.

Shawn H
09-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Luecker is right!

Mine was doing the same thing after many races. All I did was readjust the cable slack. Works perfect.:D

countypark
09-26-2004, 08:56 PM
I'm getting alot of clutch drag that i can't adjust out. Rekluse said it was common with them. Did u guys get any? I cant get mine into neutral and is creeping

After you have installed the Rekluse clutch it is recommended that you re-check the "installed-gap" after a short break-in period, typically 1 hour.

Cable slack is very important. The clutch cable must move freely. Some people tend to tiewrap or secure their cables too tight. Try to maintain the same amount of slack as the stock cable mounting.

If you continue to have problems I would suggest that you discuss them with your dealer. Between them and Rekluse I bet they can solve your problem.