PDA

View Full Version : race ready quad

tc300ex56
09-25-2004, 11:24 PM
what bike would u say that is the most race ready i hear the prediter but i think it is nose heavy

mersingt
09-26-2004, 08:50 AM
yfz 450

Cody_300ex
09-26-2004, 09:06 AM
450 r "Real racers kick there bikes over." -tim farr

sMoKiNyFz
09-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Nope, not the 450r. it is too slow w/out the kit.
Yfz is it.

Sportrax10
09-27-2004, 02:21 PM
450r IMO

lil400exdude
09-27-2004, 02:24 PM
cannondale moto

sam the brave
09-27-2004, 05:14 PM
yfz450
with gytr kick start kit

happyboy
09-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Really depends on what type of race. And if you are talking about suspension as well as the motor.....Blaze or Moto Cannondale.

I really like the 450R and the YFZ also. You can't go wrong with any of them.

RobbRacer
09-28-2004, 06:04 PM
it depends on what kind of racing you are going to do. but i think that the gasgas is the best race ready quad that there is. think of all of the parts you get when you buy it from the showroom floor. nobody else has these options.

sMoKiNyFz
09-28-2004, 06:38 PM
have you ever rode a gasgas?
I just don't like them and even w/ the stuff they give you i would rather have a yfz

roostin_dale
09-28-2004, 07:36 PM
The c-dale moto was the ONLY TRUE race quad from the factory. You have to have nerfs and a kill switch to be legal to race ama MX, and c-dale's were the only quads to have that.

They also came with Hiper Beadlocks and Holeshot tires, Aluminum frame, Ohlins LT suspension, and like 49" wide stock. It even had number plates...Hydro, Clutch, Steel braided brake lines, fuel injection, etc. etc.

I hate that honda, yamaha, and suzuki claim there quads are race ready, even though they arent even close....

I doubt anyone can come out with a better quad than the cannondales, and boy do i miss mine:(

tc300ex56
09-28-2004, 08:10 PM
i would have to chyange my mind i think the yfz is the most race ready

roostin_dale
09-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by tc300ex56
i would have to chyange my mind i think the yfz is the most race ready

it is impossible for it to be "race ready" it doesnt have nerfs or a kill switch. And it doesnt have half the stuff the c-dale does. Trust me dude, i have both (but sold the c-dale) and i must say the c-dale was better...

BYRD-MAN
09-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Dont bash me for this because i race DESERT not mx so my pick is the bombardier ds 650 x. Think about it, it has suspension skids lights and most important POWER.:D O yeah the seats are really comfy too.

bradley300
09-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by BYRD-MAN
Dont bash me for this because i race DESERT not mx so my pick is the bombardier ds 650 x. Think about it, it has suspension skids lights and most important POWER.:D O yeah the seats are really comfy too.

for desert, i think a DS is the best quad ever built! for other racing, the c-dale blaze and moto are th only true race ready quads and i dont see how people can say a 450r or yfz are even close

do they have beadlocks?
decent tires?
kill switch?
nerfs?
good handlebars?
handgaurds?
number plates?
chromoly axle?
chromoly steering stem?
chromoly a-arms?(cromoly is what all the aftermarket uses)
performance exhaust? (cdale uses FMF)
wave rotors?
stainless stell brake lines?

after you look at a c-dale, 450rs and yfz arent nearly as great as everyone thinks. and you can still buy them new, ATK is selling an even more reliable verison

sMoKiNyFz
09-30-2004, 02:47 PM
the yfz is my choice because when they don't need any mods to smoke other bikes, i never liked c-dale and don't think they could touch a yfz or else more people would own them. if they were thet great everyone nwould want one

roostin_dale
09-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by sMoKiNyFz
the yfz is my choice because when they don't need any mods to smoke other bikes, i never liked c-dale and don't think they could touch a yfz or else more people would own them. if they were thet great everyone nwould want one

No one owns them because they went out of buisness, not because there not good:rolleyes:. Now the ATK's are out so you will start seeing more.

I am an owner of a yfz450, and use to own a c-dale. and I can tell you that stock vs. stock, the yfz can't touch the dale.

I wish some people would stop talking unless you have had enough seat time on both quads to tell a difference,,,

I regret selling the dale

happyboy
09-30-2004, 03:20 PM
the yfz is my choice because when they don't need any mods to smoke other bikes

Don't need any mods? Hello? LT suspension? Wider arms? The only way a stock YFZ could touch a moto on a MX track is if I were riding the moto. The cannondales are great bikes, they just got a bad rap because of a few issues and the company went under. The issues are almost all solved now and they are still fast as ever.

sMoKiNyFz
10-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Did I mention I have rode a canondale and almost bought one. I am glad i didn't and what bikes do you propose are faster than a yfz stock. Unless the one i rode was screwed up it wasn't that great. And did you say wider arms? your kidding me if you need wider arms cause i sure don't .

Speed wise it is definately race ready but the nerfs and crap thet you need are the problem.

cdrookie
10-01-2004, 05:29 PM
faster than a yfz stock? cannondale speed, blaze, and moto. yfz's are impressive once you get a full exhaust and do the exhaust cam mod. but you still have crappy tires, stiff suspension, YES they are narrow and tall, especially for mx. take a yfz off the showroom floor and hit the trails and it's not much more(if any) impressive than a z400 with a pipe.

roostin_dale
10-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Did I mention I have rode a canondale and almost bought one. I am glad i didn't and what bikes do you propose are faster than a yfz stock. Unless the one i rode was screwed up it wasn't that great. And did you say wider arms? your kidding me if you need wider arms cause i sure don't .

Speed wise it is definately race ready but the nerfs and crap thet you need are the problem.

If your a fast enough rider your going to need a wider set-up with better suspension. The stock yfz is like a mini raptor to me, sits high. And for motocross your going to need some smaller tires...

the stock steering stem and swingarms are also weak. I have already bent both....

To be race ready you need to dump alot of money into them!

sMoKiNyFz
10-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
If your a fast enough rider your going to need a wider set-up with better suspension. The stock yfz is like a mini raptor to me, sits high. And for motocross your going to need some smaller tires...

the stock steering stem and swingarms are also weak. I have already bent both....

To be race ready you need to dump alot of money into them!

That your riding prefrence. It is plenty wide for me and i did buy some new tires but i liked them stock better. I have jumped it alot and not broken anything so i guess i will see what happens next year.
So far its fine and has no trouble with anything i have done. (hillclimbing, jumping, trails, track) No problems yet except bottming out on a few jumps.