PDA

View Full Version : Jones'n

Woodsrider
09-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Have you ever been jones'n for a ride so bad that your willing to head out to the trails in the morning all alone and just hook up with any one whos there? Thats where Im at tonight, I got it bad:confused:

09-24-2004, 09:55 PM
whenever im in school thats all i think about. i run home and hop on my quad and go fo a good ride. or when my parents arent home im not allowed to go quading. thats all i think abotu and i come to exriders and see a whole bunch of pics of people quading and it just bugs the hell outa me

Quad18star
09-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Have you ever been jones'n for a ride so bad that your willing to head out to the trails in the morning all alone and just hook up with any one whos there? Thats where Im at tonight, I got it bad:confused: I'm feeling it .... and I can't ride for atleast a year ..... not my choice . :( :grr:

Woodsrider
09-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm feeling it .... and I can't ride for atleast a year ..... not my choice . :( :grr:

Why a whole year? Thats gotta suck. I havent rode since I wiped out on July 3rd and creamed my hip. I thought that was bad:o

Quad18star
09-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Why a whole year? Thats gotta suck. I havent rode since I wiped out on July 3rd and creamed my hip. I thought that was bad:o Shattered right leg thats got me in a cast for atleast 6 months then intense therapy to try and regain the strength and use of my leg . I'm just lucky I still have my leg attatched to my body and not having to use a prothetic leg . It was a serious accident involving a dirtbike smashing my leg into my YFZ450 . Shattered both bones in my lower leg ... leaving between 25-30 breaks and about 3-4inches of bone missing . Do a search on here under the words " Warning Graphic Images" and you'll see the damaged caused . :(

09-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Shattered right leg thats got me in a cast for atleast 6 months then intense therapy to try and regain the strength and use of my leg . I'm just lucky I still have my leg attatched to my body and not having to use a prothetic leg . It was a serious accident involving a dirtbike smashing my leg into my YFZ450 . Shattered both bones in my lower leg ... leaving between 25-30 breaks and about 3-4inches of bone missing . Do a search on here under the words " Warning Graphic Images" and you'll see the damaged caused . :(

ya ya but was the quad alright?

j/k that sucks i would be freakin out after the first week of not riding. hope you get well soon

Woodsrider
09-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Holy **** dude thats bad:eek: Were you wearing riding boots? And I thought my hip was bad:o

09-24-2004, 10:41 PM
let me guess your cannondale bit you?:D

Quad18star
09-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Holy **** dude thats bad:eek: Were you wearing riding boots? And I thought my hip was bad:o Thats one nice bruise on your hip :eek: I was just wearing a set of work boots .... my surgeon said it was a good thing because of the speed of the impact ... and the rigidity of a set of riding boots, my leg would have most likely snapped in the femur area and I wouldn't have any knee left . Many people have mixed opinions about this .... but I'll go with the surgeons opinion .... he's seen many accidents involving ATVs , dirtbikes and motorcycles , so I think he knows what he's talking about . lol

Pappy
09-25-2004, 11:57 AM
haha well id love to ride today...its beautiful outside. ofcourse me being sick is preventing it.

my lil bro went out, did 2 laps and lost hos drain plug:eek: i dont think he hurt nuttin but he will spend the rest of teh day looking for a new one.

why cant it be nasty out so i dont miss it as much:mad:

marksuttonjr
09-25-2004, 12:24 PM
I have ridden alone many times. It aint so bad. Just don't do anything stupid and get hurt if you are riding alone, or with people who you do not know

Atreyu
09-25-2004, 03:20 PM
I haven't ridden in EIGHT months! I'm going to cry like a little pony. :mad:

I-7
09-25-2004, 03:39 PM
I havent ridden an atv in probably 5 months and today I took the arctic cat 300 and went for a 20 mile ride. It was great (by myself)

pitbull43910
09-25-2004, 05:18 PM
its ben since march 20th i had a anerism in one of the mane arteries and just had open hart surgery 2weeks ago"steel creek was a ***** in 04 but its all mine in 05"

Allen
09-25-2004, 05:24 PM
You can always go to the H/M by yourself and hook up with all kinds. You never ride alone....I went to Rockhouse a few weeks ago and hooked up with a bunch of 2 wheelers....they were all the way from Arkansas

09-25-2004, 05:30 PM
i only ride alone...rarely is there ever someone else here to ride with me

LTandRaptorider
09-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i only ride alone...rarely is there ever someone else here to ride with me

I'm riding tomorrow jumbo, you're welcome to come along.

I start Jones'n about noon for a beer... :p

dirtmomma
09-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Well Soggy oh I mean Woodsrider, you should load up & come up NORTH!! YEP I know exactly how you feel I was feeling the same way last weekend but stayed home :( I told Ron "I AM GOING RIDING THIS WEEKEND" hope you can too :) so we're going today about 10:30!!!! Sucks though cuz I have my radials w/ offset wheels on the front & one of them is literally STUCK on the damn hub :(:( we got the one side off & drilled/cleaned up the holes but this one WILL NOT COME OFF!!! Any suggestions would be great!! We took a 2x4 & hammered ont he back of the rim for about a 1/2 hr & it didn't budge hell now I'm about 50-51" wide so that isn't good for tight trails oh well at least I'm riding whoohoo

marksuttonjr
09-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Allen
You can always go to the H/M by yourself and hook up with all kinds. You never ride alone....I went to Rockhouse a few weeks ago and hooked up with a bunch of 2 wheelers....they were all the way from Arkansas

When my group rode Rockhouse we only saw 1 truck on the trails no other quads. The truck was law enforcement guys. That was on a Wed. and it was raining the entire day so that might explain why no other quads were out.

When I rode in Arkansas this year I told a few people that they needed to check out the H/M trails because they were a lot like the trails where we ride in Arkansas and these guys were saying that they wanted to ride some new trails. I guess that they ride where we were at every weekend, and just want to see new areas. They said that they did not care how far they had to drive they just wanted new trails to ride.