PDA

View Full Version : vibration? how much should there be?

RIKR4X
04-10-2002, 03:48 PM
when i rev mine ,rpms up pretty high it vibrates pretty good! it idles great and runs great just a worry wart, let me know if this sounds normal thanks :confused:

400exRacerX
04-10-2002, 03:55 PM
My bike has no spark arrestor on my WB exhuast system and at idle all the handlebar controls rattle and at WOT everything vibrates ALOT. Just makes sure your bolts are tight. There is nothing wrong,,,,that is if the engine sounds healthy.;)

04-10-2002, 04:02 PM
Make sure the crank has not spun this can cause a vibration and also a bird like chirping noise.To check it pull the allen plugs on the stator side crank the motor over and see if the crank bolt or the fly wheel wobble at all if they do the crank has slipped!

VegasEx'r
04-10-2002, 04:10 PM
I noticed that when I switched the stock bars to Renthals, everything started to vibrate. It's no big deal. Like racerx said, just make sure everything is tight.

honda400exrider
04-10-2002, 05:05 PM
I noticed that when I switched the stock bars to Renthals, everything started to vibrate. It's no big deal. Like racerx said, just make sure everything is tight.

you should try the anti-vibrate inserts. they gain weight on both sides so yer bars don't shake so much. i also have the renthal bars with a yosh pipe, my brother had 909 bars w/ a WB and that thing rattled like a mother!

CranMan
04-10-2002, 06:24 PM
I just got my 416 put back together, and noticed some more vibration than I thought it had before. I also noticed when I had it apart that my steering stem was bent, and a seal or bushing at the bottom of the stem was coming out. I think a bent stem might cause more vibration or feedback through the handlebars..

04-11-2002, 07:32 AM
as long as the motor sounds OK I think your fine..

I guess ya jarred sumtin loose tryin ta keep up with the 416...:D

RIKR4X
04-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all the input guys . I just think sometimes i look for things to much. see ya!! Rico sorry to here about your trip home,maybe if you leave those two bolts out of your bike i"ll have a better chance.....:D :D :D