PDA

View Full Version : Conversion??

04-10-2002, 03:40 PM
How many of you would be interested in buying a brake light conversion for your 400? It would come with an all new stock taillight, the light socket and bulb, the switch and mounting hardware, wire and connections. We would also supply pictures on how to run the wires, and step by step instructions on the installation. All you have to do is run the wires, and hook them up. Also, how much would you be willing to spend? Remeber, all guess work has been done for you, and you'll get every part necessary. Think about it.

gojk
04-10-2002, 05:04 PM
I would pay prob about $40-50 for it. I don't see it too neccesary if you don't need it street legal.

04-10-2002, 05:05 PM
It comes in really handy when riding at night, say in the dunes. Plus it looks pretty trick too.

honda400exrider
04-10-2002, 05:06 PM
4 how much?

04-10-2002, 05:11 PM
With shipping it'll probably end up around $50 bucks.

nakomis0
04-10-2002, 05:55 PM
wheres the pic?

04-10-2002, 06:02 PM
I need to take some pics first...and then I'll post them on this thread. Won't be till this weekend though. Maybe sooner?

bigbadbrad
04-10-2002, 06:08 PM
how about a kit for a300ex. u are supposed to have one by law in maine but most 4-wheelers(including mine) dont have one and it be safe to when riding in the trails so u dont get rear ended(has happened to me before my brothe ran ito me with my dads 4x4):confused:

JOEX
04-10-2002, 10:28 PM
How about a kit that doesn't need a new tail light? Most of us already have one. Just use a dual filament socket that fits in the stock hole, with a little modding if necessary. Or, if two sockets are necessary, include instruction on how and where to drill another hole. A kit would be nice, but it seems like a waste of materials to replace the existing tail light. Just some ideas...

Also, are you using the banjo bolt type or the electric type?

Joe

Texan32
04-11-2002, 06:24 AM
I did my own conversion last week. I looked at every car parts house in town. They don't make 2 filiment bulbs that fit in the stock hole. If you don't use a different light housing, you have to cut your stock one. That's what i did. Now unfortunately, i have to worry about water and mud getting inside it cuz there really isn't a way to seal it (without uing silicone...which makes changing the light a pain in the but)

If you can make a light (that looks just like the stock one) that seals up , i would deff. buy one from ya.

For the entire kit, i would have payed 40 bucks...tops....

Taco
04-11-2002, 07:44 AM
depends on what the rear taillight looks like.

mopar 400
04-11-2002, 10:23 AM
To back up blueoval, The kit would use the stock taillight, with a new bulb, the bulb is dual filimant. The tailight has to be modified, and you are able to remove the bulb from the lens with ease. There is also no excess holes or anywhere that water may be able to enter. The final setup looks oem on my 400ex. The only difference that there is from stock is that the back of the tailight is modded to accept hte new bulb housing. It looks sweet out on the trails and in the dunes!!!!!!!

bigbadbrad
04-11-2002, 03:20 PM
how about a pic?

04-11-2002, 05:16 PM
As I said before, I won't have any pics till this weekend. If you guys are really interested, email or pm me and we'll work something out. If you want to do the mods to your taillight yourself I could send you a kit with the rest. Or, you could send me your light and I'll do it and mail it all back.