PDA

View Full Version : jetting probs

Mudfoot
09-23-2004, 09:35 PM
First I'd like to thank all who help me out in advance. I just got the Duncan Fatboy4 full system put on and my HRC cam goes in 9/28, so I wanted to get my jetting pretty close so when I pick it up from getting the cam dropped in it'll be ready to roll. I have a KFX700 that I've jetted many times, so I figured that this would be easier, either it's not or I've gotten dumber??? I took the top of the carb off expecting to be able to swap the needle yet there's that linkage that works the slide, how in the heck do you change the needle on this beast. Is it done from the bottom or what, my dealer offered to jet it for me when the drop the cam in, but I want to know how to do this myself, for I'm sure the future holds more mods for the "R". I love this thing, and have heard they rip pretty good with exhaust and headwork done, so I'm sure over time there will be more jetting adventures for me. Sorry for rambling on, Thanks again. Mudfoot

1fastR
09-23-2004, 10:03 PM
your in the right direction, you take the top of the carb off and you will see the slide and the linkage, then you have to unscrew the 2 screws at the bottom, they hold the slide and the linkage together, under there you can get to the neddle

I hope this helps.

Mudfoot
09-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks a lot!!!

Your response is appreciated, I'm headed to the garage right now, also Ride Red626(trx450r.org) posted some good pictures for the people like me who just need to see it to understand it. Once again thanks for the feedback. Later...Mudfoot

450 Racer R
09-24-2004, 05:19 AM
you should post a link to that thread. there might be some people on here who'd like to see the pictures too. (me)

Mudfoot
09-25-2004, 05:53 PM
O.K.

Needle Pictures by Ride Red626 (http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=2204)

This really helped me alot.