PDA

View Full Version : Hot Seat Performance

FreekShow
09-23-2004, 04:41 PM
I am going to be getting a HotSeat Performance hypshift clutch kit for my Traill Boss sometime soon. I wanted to know if anybody has done business with them and what are their pros and cons? Also, if anyone has a hypershift clutch kit installed on their Trail Boss and if you noticed a big difference?

heres the kit im looking to get--

http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showdetl.cfm?&DID=29&Product_ID=2047&CATID=82

FreekShow
09-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Bump:( Anybody?

300exOH
09-24-2004, 08:21 AM
I have their clutch kit and exhaust on my wife's Trailblazer. I think the clutch kit made more of a difference than the pipe. The pipe cracked after only about a year of light trail riding but the clutch has held up well. I am running the stock exhaust with the clutch now and it's still much better than stock. You do have to rev it a bit more to get it to move at slow speeds. It's a little annoying at slow speeds if you are trying to crawl through a rocky section but otherwise it works well. The quad gets off the line much harder and will pull the front wheels slightly without even tugging on the bars. Honestly though if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have put a dime into the Polaris. We're trading ours in when spring comes. Good luck though.

bansheeguy77
09-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I have their clutch kit and exhaust on my wife's Trailblazer. I think the clutch kit made more of a difference than the pipe. The pipe cracked after only about a year of light trail riding but the clutch has held up well. I am running the stock exhaust with the clutch now and it's still much better than stock. You do have to rev it a bit more to get it to move at slow speeds. It's a little annoying at slow speeds if you are trying to crawl through a rocky section but otherwise it works well. The quad gets off the line much harder and will pull the front wheels slightly without even tugging on the bars. Honestly though if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have put a dime into the Polaris. We're trading ours in when spring comes. Good luck though.

yep what he said...i had an hpd clutch on my trail blazer. it takes more revs to get it goin but it will jump much harder when it picks up. it does definately up the fun factor on the polaris.