PDA

View Full Version : Front suspension squeaking.

r6xual
09-23-2004, 02:24 PM
My front suspension is squeaking on my 400 ex. Very minor squeaking, but just enough to annoy me. What is generally used to lube/grease the suspension, and what are the procedures, if any?

cdalejef
09-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Just use a good chassis grease. All pivot points like shock bushings and a-arm busings should be pulled apart once a year and cleaned and greased.

Rootar
09-24-2004, 07:50 AM
hey jeff my lilbros 250ex sqeaks like crazy would some kind of new bushings help

Humdinger4u
10-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Mine will sqeak like this and I have found out that it's the rubber bushing that your steering stem goes through. I shoot WD-40 on it maybe once a year and that fixes it up. Hope this helps.

Michael

sparks400
10-03-2004, 12:39 AM
if it happens wen ur sittin still and turn the wheel, its ur steering stem bushing, its goin on while ur riding its either ur shocks or a-arms, most likely shocks cuz they have dirt in them, wen u wash it, it will go away, but every once and a while u should grease ur a-arm bushing, take ur ball joint bolt off, and it might be hard u might have to use a wedge and hummer the wedge, not hard just i kno yall dont like pounding stuff on the bikes lol, the take off the bolts for the a-arm and once those r all off, take the metal spacers out and clean them up nice to where there is no dirt or gunk on them, and grease those and the inside where the bolt goes, and take ur finger and put the grease all up in there, and put it all back together, some grease may come off on the bolt but no bigge just clean it off, it easy but time consuming. and do the same with shock bushings