PDA

View Full Version : Brute force 750

TCracin440ex
09-23-2004, 01:19 PM
man this quad is a beast, i saw a video last nite off the internet of a brute force racing a piped z400 and no tellign what else was done to this z400...and this brute force at this z400's *** up so bad...about half way thru the race the guy on the z400 gave up becaus thats how far ahead that util was smokin his arse

Punk'd
09-23-2004, 01:42 PM
LINK!!!??

TCracin440ex
09-23-2004, 01:57 PM
ok

http://www.allaboutmud.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6187#6187

heres the link

I-7
09-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Haha... pretty owned. I never saw a utility go that fast :macho

theTman
09-23-2004, 02:14 PM
holy shiat:eek2: thats one fast ute

TCracin440ex
09-23-2004, 02:16 PM
me either i botu pissed my pants when i saw how fast that quad is

Dan229
09-23-2004, 02:23 PM
I had the pleasure of riding a modified BF Saturday and there is no other quad made that will out run it in stock form or even with a pipe and jets. I'm not too sure what all was done to it but it was clocked in the mid 80s MPH range with police radar.

Once you let that monster of a motor free in those things they will flat out fly!

I just hope a pray Kawi makes a Prairie 750 next year. I don't like IRS for racing plus the BF sits up way too high for my liking...

It is only a matter of time before someone slaps a 850 or 900 kit on one of those things and gets it to run over 95 MPH...

TCracin440ex
09-23-2004, 02:29 PM
that bike is still fast as hell stock....that guy on the z400 just gave up after half way thru because he knew unless he had a shot of no2 or somethin like that he wont catchin up with that brute force

Dan229
09-23-2004, 02:41 PM
A lot of the sport bikes are getting beat by the BF and P 700 due to traction. You put the utilities in 4x4 and they take off like a rocket where the sports will just spin.

I've seen highly modified sport bikes that can hit 90 MPH get whomped bad by stock Prairies and BF because they can't get the power to the ground...

I have ridden a few modified Utilities that will beat a sport bike on top end but a good percentage of sport bikes can outrun the utilities if they get traction.

If those two were to race on pavement (legal area such as a track) there might be a diffent outcome. It all boils down to traction...

400exrules
09-23-2004, 02:42 PM
omg:eek2: .........i remember readin about the brute force in an ATV magazine a few months back, that is one bad son of a gun.

somethin u can go muddin with and get through the thickest of crap, and still smoke all your friends in a race :devil:

TCracin440ex
09-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Dan229

If those two were to race on pavement (legal area such as a track) there might be a diffent outcome. It all boils down to traction...

ok say they were to take a z400 and BF 750 to the drag strip, well the z400 when coming out the hole the guy on the z will either have to feather the clutch or ride the clutch out slow so it wont stand up off the line, while the guy on the BF has nothing to worrie about, no standing up or anything, because hte frontend has weight, and not only that its automatic, and they are 4wd

Dan229
09-23-2004, 02:55 PM
The BF will stand straight up in the air too on pavement if you are not careful. Most likely the 400 would start in 2nd or 3rd gear and in the hands of an experienced rider both should come off the line about the same.

TCracin440ex
09-23-2004, 03:00 PM
BULL.....that 400 aint gonna come off the line the same way that brute force will....the z400 will stand up...unless you have some hoosier tt tires on at the track then thats the only way the z400 would most likely have a chance.....

apparently you aint ever been on a drag strip with all that track prep down and all the rubber, that track is sticky as hell...that brute force will come off the line alot harder than the z400

and if your going to drag race on asphault u wont be able to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear with reg. dirt tires because you would either have to tack it up really high and drop the clutch in which then would mess some stuff up, or your either going to have to ride the hell outta the clutch

my buddy takes his z400 to the strip and he takes off in 1st gear and has to ride the clutch out because he has razrs on the back.

now me on my 400ex i have a set of bald...and i mean bald holeshot mx's theres no tread on them whatso ever you can get on hot asphault and drop the clutch and lay rubber, 400ex would be able to come off the line harder with the bald mx's

Dan229
09-23-2004, 04:44 PM
The only point I was trying to make is if both machines can get equal traction off the line it will be a closer race. The 400 or any other sport bike isn't gonna have much of a chance if they race on dirt and the sport bikes can't get traction. Put both of them on a drag strip and do what ever you need to to get them both to launch (slicks, wheelie bar, etc) and then you may have a race.

In stock form, with average sized riders, both the 400 and BF will stand staight up at a drag strip.

Punk'd
09-23-2004, 08:02 PM
WOW! thats awesome put it aginist the 450!:D

cool 300ex
09-23-2004, 08:12 PM
THats video is so fake that z wasn't even trying. Only 4x4 i ever seen come close to that fast was a p650 or p700.

TCracin440ex
09-23-2004, 08:20 PM
bull shyt he was trying until he realized wont no way in hell he was going to win so he done the thing most sport quad riders woulda done....give up...

MrTrendy1
09-23-2004, 10:12 PM
We'll see how this holds true. My friend's grandfather just got a BF and I know for sure we will race it. My 400ex vs. the BF. I don't think I'll give up until he does, even if I am loosing badly.

DEAL
09-23-2004, 10:18 PM
I don't believe it either.
Its probably a very quick quad but given the right traction majority of sport quads will take it off the line.
And if you have trouble taking off fast on pavement with a sport quad, You need to learn to ride.

MrTrendy1
09-24-2004, 06:41 AM
I totally agree with you Deal. I have never had problems taking off on pavement with mine, I know how to keep the front end down as well.

Rdhanded2
09-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by MrTrendy1
I totally agree with you Deal. I have never had problems taking off on pavement with mine, I know how to keep the front end down as well.

Exactly. I haven't seen one in person yet so they might be the fastest thing out there, but that video doesn't prove anything. It never looked like the z was getting on it that hard from the start. Just my opinion, and I haven't seen a BF to base an opinion.

09-26-2004, 01:55 AM
man that brute force is fast but look at this stock rancher smoke my new 450r.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: right click....save as to see video (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/p9313b01e2a746498ab8b81825bf13f40/f8cfbc19.mpg)

swampfoxsc
09-26-2004, 02:17 AM
I had the chance to ride a Brute Force at Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia a few weeks back on their drag strip. It was a friends and only had about 80 miles on it. I raced a piped 450R, a piped DS 650 and a stock YFZ. I put the BF in high gear, flipped it into 4x4 and let the sport atvs nod their head when ready to go. The BF absolutely killed all three of the sport atvs off the line every time we raced. I raced each atv about three times and the results were the same. In 300 feet they only caught me in the last 50 feet and the stock YFZ hardly caught me then.

Say what you want but if you roll up on a BF on a dirt drag strip with an attitude like you're the man, be careful or you'll have your butt handed to you. If the BF is modified like the one Dan229 rode then unless you have alot of experience and a built sport atv, you're gonna be embarrassed! Race one first before dismissing the video as nothing. A stock 400EX or Z400 better launch perfectly and shift just right or they'll be beat in 300 feet.

Out_Sider
09-26-2004, 10:14 AM
i saw a brute force at the NQRA race in georgia.. thing was freakin wicked. they were pit racing against a v force 700.. to my surprise.. the brute force did win

swampfoxsc
09-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Outsider, if the Brute Force you saw was that ugly tan color then it's not quite stock!:devil:

440exnacsracer
09-26-2004, 08:05 PM
durhamtown's drag strip is hard to find traction on though, its very loose dirt, and on dry days, the hardpack with the light dirt on top just gives way, so the 4x4 would really help then, even my razr 2's spin there:huh

MrTrendy1
09-27-2004, 06:51 AM
I just don't see how a 4x4 can beat something that is race ready. My friend tells me every time I tell him that he probably could keep up with me on the BF that there is no way. He says it is geared so much for just low end torque to pull things or to go through some thick mud and thats about it. He is also big into riding atvs and dirt bikes so I trust his opinion. Regardless, I have not actually raced it but I garantee I will and I will post my results.

Dan229
09-27-2004, 03:10 PM
MrTredy,

The BF and Prairies have a low range and hi range. In the high range a Prairie 700 will top out in the mid 60 MPH range stock and the BF will top out a little over that of a Prairie.

The BF is an extremely fast utility 4x4 stock but it seems like your friend doesn't want to push it, which is fine. You will see several BF at the GNCC races...come on out and watch or race a BF with someone onboard that will run the guts out of it...

The BF I rode at the NQRA event in GA will eat any sport bike made today alive even with a pipe and jet kit. Of course, it wasn't close to stock either but if you didn't know that you wouldn't be able to tell it. It wasn't loud or anything like that but if you did happen to line up with me on that you would get eat up! So to be fair, make sure you race someone with a stock BF and not one someone who has tinkered with with or you will get a serious beating...

redlineranger
09-27-2004, 08:11 PM
i wonder how scary driven a tank that fast is... i wuldnt witout a lid

z-mann
09-27-2004, 09:06 PM
They are fast. Irs is a little different to launch in that instead of wheeling, it squats more and just goes.

MrTrendy1
09-28-2004, 06:50 AM
I know that the thing is fast and can launch in both low and hi but still, I don't see how this thing that is designed to be a utility in stock form can beat a yfz450 which is race ready out of the box. Makes no sense to me. Granted, it does have one more cylinder and makes almost twice the power but it also weights twice the weight of a yfz.

My friend is no where near scared to push any quad he rides, he is notorious for tearing them up cause he pushed them too hard. I garantee that in the Utility class of GNCC the BF will dominate but that doesn't mean it will outrun a sport.

MrTredy,

The BF and Prairies have a low range and hi range. In the high range a Prairie 700 will top out in the mid 60 MPH range stock and the BF will top out a little over that of a Prairie.

The BF is an extremely fast utility 4x4 stock but it seems like your friend doesn't want to push it, which is fine. You will see several BF at the GNCC races...come on out and watch or race a BF with someone onboard that will run the guts out of it...

The BF I rode at the NQRA event in GA will eat any sport bike made today alive even with a pipe and jet kit. Of course, it wasn't close to stock either but if you didn't know that you wouldn't be able to tell it. It wasn't loud or anything like that but if you did happen to line up with me on that you would get eat up! So to be fair, make sure you race someone with a stock BF and not one someone who has tinkered with with or you will get a serious beating...

Dan229
09-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Trendy,

There seems to be a little confusion here... the only time a stock BF will beat a stock 450 is in a drag race of 300 feet or less and that will not always be the case either. In every case that I have seen a 450 get beat it was because of poor traction. I am sure if both machines could launch equally the 450 would beat the BF in 300 feet or less and the 450 WILL out run a BF after 300 feet.

Also, the only time I expect to see a utility 4x4 win the overall at a GNCC race is if the track is a mudhole like it was at FL this year and Scott Kilby won the overall on his modified 4x4. I do expect the top ranked utility riders on board BFs to beat a good percentage of the field though but they do that on their Prairies now. At almost every GNCC one of the top utility stock or modifed riders in in the top 30 or higher

Lastly, don't mistake the BF I rode as a stock BF! It was not stock and it WILL outrun any stock or lightly modified 450 in a drag race of any distance.

MrTrendy1
09-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Thats really what I meant, a stock BF vs a stock 450. I'll see first hand how a stock BF will run as soon as I get a day off to do it. I will run it against my 400ex which is just piped and jetted. But I fully see where you are coming from, it's just hard to believe it.

Trendy,

There seems to be a little confusion here... the only time a stock BF will beat a stock 450 is in a drag race of 300 feet or less and that will not always be the case either. In every case that I have seen a 450 get beat it was because of poor traction. I am sure if both machines could launch equally the 450 would beat the BF in 300 feet or less and the 450 WILL out run a BF after 300 feet.

Also, the only time I expect to see a utility 4x4 win the overall at a GNCC race is if the track is a mudhole like it was at FL this year and Scott Kilby won the overall on his modified 4x4. I do expect the top ranked utility riders on board BFs to beat a good percentage of the field though but they do that on their Prairies now. At almost every GNCC one of the top utility stock or modifed riders in in the top 30 or higher

Lastly, don't mistake the BF I rode as a stock BF! It was not stock and it WILL outrun any stock or lightly modified 450 in a drag race of any distance.

gyt-r450
09-28-2004, 12:47 PM
i want a BF 750

FourFiftyFour
09-28-2004, 01:08 PM
My friend just bought one and has already had problems with it, the pipe was glowing cherry red and the quad was seeming like it was running horribly lean......... dont know if this is a common thing for them but he only got about 11 miles of riding done on it!

H_W
09-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Trendy,

I agree, the BF has a little more power than a 450. But it also has alot more weight. I would like to see one in person and see what the ol'400 can do.

MrTrendy1
09-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by H_W
I agree, the BF has a little more power than a 450. But it also has alot more weight. I would like to see one in person and see what the ol'400 can do.

Possibly this weekend I'll get to see what a stock BF vs a piped 400ex will do. I'll have to talk to my friend and see but I'm sure he'll want to do it as well.

86350x
09-29-2004, 02:43 AM
My friend of mine just bought one, and gave his 400 prarie to his wife. I issued a challenge to him, but he said its not even close to my built banshee.

It's quick off of the line, comes outa the whole good ect. If kawie was smart, they'd update the v-force to this motor. So at least it'll run with the other machines in the open sport class.

I agree on the vid, looks like he shut her down right infront of the camera..............................

Rootar
09-29-2004, 09:36 AM
i saw the bf 750 in person at the sawke dealership the had big 589 tires and a pipe and wheel spacers and some snorkles that the dealerships installed needless to say that thing is HUGE i could it beating me in a dragrace and they had one out at the dragstrip the other night too and the guy had a pipe on it runing race gas and he had larger tire i dont member the time but he whooped this mod raptor in the 1/8th the speed thing said 81mph:eek2: i didnt even get the quad out of the ruck when i saw that thing

MrTrendy1
09-29-2004, 10:49 AM
I wonder, being that this thing is a Kawasaki, would that engine fit on a KFX or even a LTZ frame? I'm sure a little fabrication would be needed but still, would it be possible?

jcsact
09-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by MrTrendy1
I wonder, being that this thing is a Kawasaki, would that engine fit on a KFX or even a LTZ frame? I'm sure a little fabrication would be needed but still, would it be possible?

Anything would fit but I think it will be more than just a little fabrication. ;)

Dan229 what all had been done to the BF?

440exnacsracer
09-29-2004, 09:22 PM
ltz frame would be hard imo, but kfx700 should bolt in, somewhat, i could be wrong:confused: but i would rather spend to money to bore the stocker out and get it rippin

Dan229
09-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jcsact

Dan229 what all had been done to the BF? [/B]

It has a full big bore kit in it.

440exnacsracer
09-30-2004, 09:09 PM
big bore kit in a 750:confused: :confused: what about cams, port and polish, etc?

Dan229
10-01-2004, 07:27 AM

Mike Penland wouldn't tell me what all he had done to the thing. I usually don't even ask Mike what he has done to a bike when he asks if I want to ride it as he doesn't tell me details anyway. He will just say “I tweaked it” or “played with it a little”...but since I had never ridden a BF before I really wanted to know if that one was stock, slightly modified, or if it had some more substantial work done to it. Even though Mike and I are friends and I talk to him a good deal he and I are still competitors (not only in GNCC but I raced against him at the Maxxis 6 hours too) and I had to twist his arm to get “big bore” out of him as he doesn’t allow himself to say too much around me.

As fast as the darn thing is I doubt ole Mike left any stone unturned! Actually, I think Mike will have to have the frame reinforced or that motor will tear that BF to pieces. I swap bikes with all my riding buddies on a regular basis when we go ride and that BF Mike has is way faster than a modified V force (degree key, full exhaust, and jet kit). That BF was the fastest ATV I had ever personally been on.

440exnacsracer
10-01-2004, 10:35 PM
sounds sick, it would be nice to know what all is done lol. maybe we could meet up at durhamtown sometime, just went there for the first time a few weeks ago, and i really liked it. i wont have the pred back together for a while, but maybe the ex or my dads eiger. lata
Ben

lol
10-02-2004, 06:28 AM
tht thing is awesome, i wanna ride it!!

Dan229
10-02-2004, 07:40 PM

Heck ya man! I really like DTown! We usually go over there once a month or so and practice. Drop me a PM.

bruteforce750
03-14-2006, 03:06 PM
my brute force 750 and my dads are both stock besides the have 28 inch mudlites....they top out at around 65 mph...alot of people around here love the bf becuse they can put on huge tires without a lift kit

#1rmman220
03-14-2006, 03:28 PM
my friend was on his snowmobile and was racing a brute force in a feild and he was going pretty close to 70 and the brut force was gaining on him quick

bruteforce750
03-14-2006, 03:41 PM
i think my brute force 750 is too big for me...im only 5' 3" and 130 pounds

exrider008
03-14-2006, 03:45 PM
my cuz has one ant the thing flat out flys and can go threw about anything but the only thing that sucks is the independent suspension it is VERY tippy in the turns so u have to go slow but the extra power will putt u out of them.

#1rmman220
03-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
my cuz has one ant the thing flat out flys and can go threw about anything but the only thing that sucks is the independent suspension it is VERY tippy in the turns so u have to go slow but the extra power will putt u out of them.
well said my friend well said

bruteforce750
03-14-2006, 04:02 PM
you can get a brute force 650 thats not independent

exrider008
03-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by bruteforce750
you can get a brute force 650 thats not independent

ya my cuzens gf has one and it has just as much power

03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
2 year old topics turn me on:macho

bruteforce750
03-14-2006, 04:46 PM
anyone know how much a K & N air filter for a 2005 kawasaki brute force 750 is?

exrider008
03-14-2006, 04:48 PM
anyone know how much a K & N air filter for a 2005 kawasaki brute force 750 is?

yup http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=1113&navTitle=Intake&webCatId=16&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=4&navType=type

bruteforce750
03-14-2006, 08:04 PM
this sucks...i wont be able to ride my atv for a couple of months....

exrider008
03-15-2006, 12:46 PM
this sucks...i wont be able to ride my atv for a couple of months....

why

MR.BIG
03-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Who ever said a brute force 750 will beat a 450 is nuts. My brother-in-law has a bf750 and he was always wanting to race so if we did a rolling start I absolutely destroyed him easily. When we went from a dead stop he would stay side by side until I hit 3rd gear which is about the same time I got traction and I would pull right away.

bruteforce750
03-15-2006, 06:02 PM
i need surgery

exrider008
03-15-2006, 06:05 PM
i need surgery

o that sucks

Melons
03-15-2006, 10:51 PM
My 06 bomb 800 can beat it. It is the only thing that I know of that is faster stock. The bomb is the fastest.

ak_stick
03-16-2006, 07:21 AM
The BF is fast as hell, but it cant turn cuz its so big. It might out run a stock sport quad in a straight line, but then again, who rides stock? And what skill does it take to drive fast in a straight line? If you race one, just make that big beast turn and you'll eat him alive.

MR.BIG
03-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Melons
My 06 bomb 800 can beat it. It is the only thing that I know of that is faster stock. The bomb is the fastest.

You are correct!

bruteforce750
03-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Melons

yea but its 50cc bigger.....whats it weight?

Melons
03-16-2006, 03:43 PM
weights 680 lbs.

bigvforcer
03-16-2006, 03:50 PM
may not be a brute force but look at these

Fundy powersports dowload page (http://www.fundypowersports.com/Download.html)

bruteforce750
03-16-2006, 11:35 PM
how in the hell does a bf 650 weigh more than a bf750??????