PDA

View Full Version : why does my hand hurt?

quadvirgin27
09-23-2004, 12:01 PM
I just went for my first long ride yesterday on my quad. I had a blast for sure, other than just the usual putting around my yard, I actually went for a "ride".
Half way through I noticed my right hand and arm were starting to hurt. It was like the vibration of the quad was making my hand shake and I could feel it was getting weak. I could barely hold the throttle open!! :huh I kinda loosened my grip a bit and it lessened, but for a good 2 hours after it felt really weak and tired. It went away and today it feels fine! I'm a little worried cause I hope it doesn't do this all the time, or maybe it's just something I need to get used to, and it will go away... am I holding on too tightly maybe? Are my hands just too small? Hopefully it's just something I'm doing wrong and you all can give me some helpfull tips, lol

Once again, like the name says, hehehehe :macho

Rico
09-23-2004, 12:05 PM
It's called arm pump and it's normal.:cool:

MY450R
09-23-2004, 12:06 PM
WELL dont spank it before you go for a ride lol
no but really you'll get used to it eventually and it wont hurt

DEAL
09-23-2004, 12:11 PM
I just saw the user name and title LOL

UglyMotha™
09-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
WELL dont spank it before you go for a ride lol
no but really you'll get used to it eventually and it wont hurt

quadvirgin is a female :o

quadvirgin27
09-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
quadvirgin is a female :o

Well let's see, the last time I checked I was female :devil:

and as for stroking off, I only do that when I ride my quad. :D

UglyMotha....your qoute is the funniest thing I have ever read, I was answering my phone at work and almost lost it

Dan229
09-23-2004, 02:11 PM
quadV,

You can get one of those squeeze balls for hand strength and that will help arm pump some but mainly just riding a lot so your muscles get used to being worked in that manner is the only way to mostly get rid of arm pump.

I don't know what you ride but checking into a lighter throw thumb trottle may help too if the one on your quad is too stiff.

quadvirgin27
09-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Hmmmm.... come to think of it the throttle does seem a bit hard to manuever. I do notice that I squeeze my hand pretty tightly around the grips, almost like a way for me to hold down the throttle. I thought at one point that I needed to move it closer, lmao, but I'm not even sure if that's possible, prolly not. Hey whadda ya want, I'm a clueless girl who doesn't even know how to drive a stick shift! lmao But I can manuever my clutch pretty well...:blah:

AtvMxRider
09-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Quadvirgin how about some pics of yourself????? Preferably revealing........:devil:

Dan229
09-23-2004, 03:02 PM
QV,

You can move the throttle around if you need to. You can also get a twist throttle for most quads and there are different thicknesses of grips on the market at well. I doubt your issue is holding on too tight. I hold on tight to my bars most of the time and my arms don't get tired from that but my throttle has become stiff lately (will be replacing that ASAP) and that does cause my hand to hurt.

quadvirgin27
09-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Quadvirgin how about some pics of yourself????? Preferably revealing........:devil:

resident horndog huh?

Well if you're jones'n for pics of me that bad, you can check out my yahoo profile, there's pics of me AND my quad.

janey62441

zephead400ex
09-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

Never seems to amaze me:devil:

I think you work for the FBI: Female Body Inspectors

:D

quadvirgin27
09-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Dan229
QV,

You can move the throttle around if you need to. You can also get a twist throttle for most quads and there are different thicknesses of grips on the market at well. I doubt your issue is holding on too tight. I hold on tight to my bars most of the time and my arms don't get tired from that but my throttle has become stiff lately (will be replacing that ASAP) and that does cause my hand to hurt.

Good, I'm glad that it's something normal, I woulda been peesed off if it became a regular problem, cause I love riding my quad. I think I'll see about moving the throttle around when I get home from work......:D

Ryan
09-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Never seems to amaze me:devil:

I think you work for the FBI: Female Body Inspectors

:D

LMFAO!!! :p :D

Dan229
09-23-2004, 05:13 PM
QV,

Let me know how it goes with the throttle...:macho

quadvirgin27
09-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Dan229
QV,

Let me know how it goes with the throttle...:macho

Apparently I'm not doing something right, cause I can only move it up or down. It seems to make a bit of a difference though, I went riding last night and it's not as bad as it was. I was thinking of attempting Attica, IN on Saturday. lmao My cousin lives in Lafayette so I'd be able to stay with her, although it might be too much for me. Attica by day, Lafayette club scene by night, sounds like a hella good weekend to me, lmao!

Thanks Dan and have a good one! :D

Dan229
09-24-2004, 07:38 AM
QV,

Glad that made some difference...you may want to find someone at the track and look there setup over and check and see how stiff their throttle is. You may need to just lubricate the cable or replace the throttle cable if yours feels a lot stiffer than someone elses EX.

Have fun at the track and don't break too many hearts at the clubs this weekend.
:blah: