PDA

View Full Version : Oregon ride areas?

Got nads?
09-23-2004, 11:02 AM
How many area's are there, so far I've heard of Winchester, Driftwood II, Hauser, Coos Bay. Not that I exactly know where any of them are anyway, but are the anymore. And which place is the best?:confused:

schootar
09-23-2004, 05:19 PM
IMO Winchester Bay is the best place to ride. Big dunes, some nice hits, a few hill climbs plus the wind keeps the sand groomed. I also like Florence (Driftwood II). It's fun for freeriding and the camp sites are nice. I've had bad luck at Coos Bay, so I don't care much for riding there. You really can't go wrong with riding at any of the Oregon Dunes, except maybe Sand Lake (too small and no jumps).

Got nads?
09-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by schootar
IMO Winchester Bay is the best place to ride. Big dunes, some nice hits, a few hill climbs plus the wind keeps the sand groomed. I also like Florence (Driftwood II). It's fun for freeriding and the camp sites are nice. I've had bad luck at Coos Bay, so I don't care much for riding there. You really can't go wrong with riding at any of the Oregon Dunes, except maybe Sand Lake (too small and no jumps).

So is there alot of stuff to jump at winchester, cause thats all I need!:devil:

LazeR
09-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Winchester Bay, Hauser/Horsefall/Spinreel, Florence, Coos Bay, Sand Lake, Christmas Valley are all dunes in Oregon.... I might be missing a few.... I like Winchester bay and Hauser dunes the best.....Winchester for day trips and Hauser for camping...Lots of riding area sinceyou can get to Hauser/Horsefalls/Spinreel all on the same set of dunes

Got nads?
09-25-2004, 05:44 PM
where is christmas valley? I can't seem to find it on a map. Is it accessible by motorhome?

twisted threads
09-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
where is christmas valley? I can't seem to find it on a map. Is it accessible by motorhome?

Its in Eastern Oregon. Its a lot longer to get there then the wester Oregon dunes. You could also look into St. Anthonys in Idaho.... which has the best dunes in the North western US if you ask me.:cool:

LazeR
09-30-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Its in Eastern Oregon. Its a lot longer to get there then the wester Oregon dunes.

Yes you can get there by motorhome! I have never been there before just heard about it, but positive about the motorhome thing!

tator
09-30-2004, 07:23 PM
All that lazeR had said. and I like winchester the best look at my aviator. It has a lot of big dunes and little. I like to play on the big dunes in the morning and then the little dunes later in the day. The little dunes are awesome to play on get some air on. :)