PDA

View Full Version : Quietest Pipe?

Thump_It
09-23-2004, 11:00 AM
What is the Quietest pipe on the market that produces the most power. I want a full system. I ride the Oregon dunes and have to get rid of my WB Aluminum system because it is to loud. I have heard that the HMF pipes are quiet, how much power do they give and which is the best? Thanks for your help. If anybody is interested in my WB pipe make me an offer. Thanks for your help.

Flynbryan19
09-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Stock......:( Its basically the only "quiet" exhaust your gonna find. I've heard the FMF Q muffler is quiet, but also heard that it produced hardly any improvement in performance. Have you tried taking out anymore discs from the WB exhaust? Usually the WB is the best at being quiet and still producing more power than stock.

Flynbryan19
09-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Do you have the E-Series or the R-series? If you have the full race series, then I understand why its too loud. Try the E-Series.

Thump_It
09-23-2004, 11:46 AM
I have the Aluminum Race Series. I was thinking about getting the WB E2 slip on and seeing if that would fit my head pipe. I'm not going back to the stock pipe. I want power. I might go with Looney Tuned Exhaust, their pipes are very quiet.

Flynbryan19
09-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Thump_It
I might go with Looney Tuned Exhaust, their pipes are very quiet.

:huh

Everything I've heard about LTE was their pipes were loud as crap.... I'd do some background/homework first before I went with them. But I do think that getting the E-series would be a good step in the right direction.

Jersey450R
09-23-2004, 02:15 PM
if you heard that HMF pipes are quiet, dont be that persons friend anymore, lol :eek:

Thump_It
09-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I called HMF today and they said that with their quiet core their pipes get down to 97db, as for LTE, they said with their quiet core, their pipes get down to 92db. The HMF has far better dyno numbers.

JDiablo
09-23-2004, 06:34 PM
I called HMF today and they said that with their quiet core their pipes get down to 97db, as for LTE, they said with their quiet core, their pipes get down to 92db. The HMF has far better dyno numbers.

there HMF are loud without the quiet core,and the newer LTE pipes with the longer silencer and improved quiet core brings it down to 89 db's:huh

Xowner
09-23-2004, 06:58 PM
what kinda deal you gonna make me on your old lound trash exhaust?:o

Thump_It
09-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Trash pipe? I dunno if you are serious or not, if you are make an reasonable offer, it is in perfect condition with about 30hrs on it.

jmpulse
09-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
:huh

Everything I've heard about LTE was their pipes were loud as crap.... I'd do some background/homework first before I went with them. But I do think that getting the E-series would be a good step in the right direction.

Who ever told you that must not of had the quiet core in it. My 400EX is 89db with the quiet core in it, and is only down maybe a 1/2hp! I beleive my hp gain was close to 5hp!

The E-serries is a joke. to quiet it, you have to remove half of the disks, just to get to 96dB! When my buddy got his e-serries for the Z-400 the instructions were, for full power, use 12 disks, to meet 96dB use 6. You would probally be down at 4 disks to make 93dB, wow, you might be able to pull off stock hp numbers.

jmpulse
09-23-2004, 09:40 PM

97dB! That isn't legal in California or Oregon! As far as the dyno numbers, I don't beleive that HMF is higher than LTE. The operators of the couple of mobile dynos that my 400ex has been on are stating that it is around 2hp more that any other equilly equiped 400ex.

Thump_It
09-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Do you like the LTE exhaust on your 450?

jmpulse
09-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Do you like the LTE exhaust on your 450?

So far so good. I haven't had much time on it, but it is pulling in the relm 44hp. I did loan it out to a faster buddy for a local tuff truck/quad race, and the piped YFZ450 wasn't able to keep up, until Wil (using my quad) hit the kill switch. OOPS!

chris450R
09-23-2004, 11:11 PM
hey man. you might ought to give curtis sparks a call. he has a quiet core for the x-6 now. i am not really sure what the db rating is on it but i mean it it sparks and he makes goo **** so it has to be good or else he wouldn't make it. i have got a full sparks system and let me tell you it is freakin great! power everywhere and of course it is extremely loud! but where i live that is not a problem, but i really like it loud anyway. well that is my $.02 worth. c-ya

Thump_It
09-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Did the quiet core just come out? I talked to them last week and it still hadn't come out yet. Thanks for the info though, i'll have to give them a call tomorrow.

jmpulse
09-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Did the quiet core just come out? I talked to them last week and it still hadn't come out yet. Thanks for the info though, i'll have to give them a call tomorrow.

On the 450R I have the pre production model. Sorry that I didn't state that. I don't have any idea on the time frame of it going into production. They are planning to make some more test runs with mine next week. (I happened to have the right quad at the right time)

450 Racer R
09-24-2004, 05:49 AM
try the tri-oval from yoshimura

Flynbryan19
09-24-2004, 06:01 AM
I was unaware that LTE had quiet cores.... But I know for the Predator you have to remove the airbox.... Basically useless for use woods riding/racing guys.:rolleyes: Do you have to do the same with the 450R?

jmpulse
09-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
I was unaware that LTE had quiet cores.... But I know for the Predator you have to remove the airbox.... Basically useless for use woods riding/racing guys.:rolleyes: Do you have to do the same with the 450R?

The 450R keeps the stock airbox. I have yet to have a problem with my 400EX with out a lid, and I mainly ride woods. But that is just my luck so far.