PDA

View Full Version : Shocks for 90cc quads

thunderisland
09-23-2004, 07:41 AM
hello interested in finding some shocks for our mini quads.we have dinli 90cc quads and the stock shocks are horrible .we did make one change on one quad we put a raptor front shock on the rear of the dinli has helped but my oldest is 11yrs. and he weighs 125lbs and the shock bottoms out.i realize elka are great shocks but very expensive and other alternatives would be appreciated.thanks have a great day

Lucky
09-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Works makes them also. I think last I checked they were like $200. Elka are $500 from what I have seen.

QuadJunkies
09-23-2004, 10:26 AM
We have Works on ours,they are about the cheapest you will find...

dj89
09-23-2004, 04:54 PM
i have a set of works shocks for a lt 80

camsdad
09-24-2004, 08:47 PM
you get what you pay for...seen to many broken frames from insufficent shocks...

ACME ROCKET CO.
09-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey Cams Dad,
How are ya'll making out from all of these Storms?

camsdad
09-26-2004, 09:41 PM
thanks for asking acme(assuming b.h.)lots of wind,down trees and no power again..could be alot worse so i'm not complaning..

400ex4ever
10-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Can anyone please tell me where I can get a set of the Works shocks. I have found a couple of different sites that have them listed for about $580 for all three. Just curious if there another place that might be a little cheaper. Also, If I buy them for a stock set up (ie A-arms and Swingarm) will I have to upgrade again when I get them extended out?

Thanks for the replies..

Lucky
10-02-2004, 02:22 AM
Probably have to have them revalved whe you extend them

212racing
10-02-2004, 08:19 PM
you can order directly from works.

400ex4ever
10-03-2004, 07:46 AM
This is what I am thinking. The shocks ae the same for stock or extended, being as the mounting bracket is is the same spot for both. Any one have extended that can compare the two?

QuadJunkies
10-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by 400ex4ever
This is what I am thinking. The shocks ae the same for stock or extended, being as the mounting bracket is is the same spot for both. Any one have extended that can compare the two? compared to what??? We have works on ours and made the mistake in thinking "technically" you would think the Works shocks would be longer, when they are not .We ended up having to customize my Daughters Aarms because of this.....

400ex4ever
10-03-2004, 08:14 PM
QuadJunkies

I was comparing A-arms both stock and extended. I only have stock but wanted to know the difference in the mounting point for extended. I was ASSuming they would be in the same location. Guess not.

If you dont mind me asking where did you get you Works shocks?

dj89
10-03-2004, 09:23 PM
what atv are you using them on? nvm read you post

i have a set on my trx 90. i got them from works:D

212racing
10-03-2004, 11:28 PM
if your a-arms are +2 your shock should be built for +2
the shock has to match the a-arm

just tell works how much your a-arm is extended and they build the shock for it.

Pappy
10-09-2004, 06:20 PM
we ran hetricks +2 arms on our eton. we had works front shocks ordered for them and they were too short in length. i dont know if works screwed it up but i assume they did.

even so, we managed to get them on and working and the increased travel was pretty handy:p

QuadJunkies
10-09-2004, 08:44 PM
QuadJunkies

I was comparing A-arms both stock and extended. I only have stock but wanted to know the difference in the mounting point for extended. I was ASSuming they would be in the same location. Guess not.

If you dont mind me asking where did you get you Works shocks?
The works shocks that you get are stock length. But they actually work, unlike stock. So when you call them up to order the shocks, and you say its for a +4 Kasea(example my Daughters a +4) the shocks are the same length as a stock Kasea because the Aftermarket Aarms ,they actually MOVE THE SHOCK MOUNT .
They move the shock mount because the aftermarket shock is the same as stock....

Also, I got my Shocks threw the QaudShop ;)

400ex4ever
10-09-2004, 08:44 PM
That's everyone for you comments. I found a dealer on Ebay who is will to get the front set for 299 and the rear is 249. That's the best prices I could find so far. If anyone knows of another place please let me know.

One more question. Any one ran or heard of the products from LakesMotorsports? The A-arms look really good and they are chrome. My son likes it. Just wondering if they are any good.

Thanks again to all who responded.

400ex4ever
10-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
The works shocks that you get are stock length. But they actually work, unlike stock.

So they are just vavled different for the extra length in the arm?

400ex4ever
10-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Do you have a link for the Qaudshop? I can't find it

QuadJunkies
10-09-2004, 09:00 PM
So they are just vavled different for the extra length in the arm? We dont know what internally the stock shocks are, but they are unrebuidable and worthless...

brokedad
10-27-2004, 12:21 PM
this is my first post on this site. the works shocks do work well if your kid rides mellow if they are crazy like my kids.you will need to have them re-valved .if you order from works you will need to know the length of your quad a-arm to shock mount.(9 3/4 or12 inch length)if you get new a-arms make sure you tell the builder the length of your shock in order to get the right a-arms. miniatvs sells the a-arms.they are +3".works great with the works 9 3/4 shocks (i had precision concept suspension rebuild the shocks) they changed the oil to 15wt and 250psi nitro. see you at the races.:D

QuadJunkies
10-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by brokedad
this is my first post on this site. the works shocks do work well if your kid rides mellow if they are crazy like my kids.you will need to have them re-valved .if you order from works you will need to know the length of your quad a-arm to shock mount.(9 3/4 or12 inch length)if you get new a-arms make sure you tell the builder the length of your shock in order to get the right a-arms. miniatvs sells the a-arms.they are +3".works great with the works 9 3/4 shocks (i had precision concept suspension rebuild the shocks) they changed the oil to 15wt and 250psi nitro. see you at the races.:D thats what we done was ordered direct and gave them measuments on ours....So......... how about posting a pic of those crazy kids you got racing!!!:macho :cool: :D

BTW. Welcome to the site ;)

11-20-2004, 08:42 PM
i was lucky enough to find an elka rear shock for my sons trx 90 on e-bay it is pre load, comp, and rebound adjustable with a remote res.i picked it up for 1/2 the retail and it was from an aftermarket co. parting out a quad,GREAT DEAL:) the parts are out there you just hve to be luky to find them first. as for the fronts we were axcepted to be sponcered by elka so we are def. saving to buy the matching fronts. susp is everything in racing ;) good luck to everyone

wolf91
11-24-2004, 08:25 AM
There is a fella selling brackets to put 300ex shocks on a trx90 on ebay. I did sort of the same thing. I put Eton 90 rear shocks all the way around on our trx90. I had brackets made at the a-arms because thay are about 2 inches longer than stock. They are STIFF too. My son is 11 and about 75lbs. and jumps things a trx90 has no business jumping. This set up just happens to work for us and my budget.

11-24-2004, 03:49 PM
i saw his stuff, he has some good ideas;) as a toolmaker i might do acouple of them, but a little dif.he sells them at a good price too.

AtvMxRider
11-24-2004, 03:57 PM
I have Elkas on my son's trx90. I bought all 3 from the Quadshop for under $700

AtvMxRider
11-24-2004, 04:00 PM
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/front+shocks.JPG

Dodge 1 Ton
11-25-2004, 12:44 AM
There is a fella selling brackets to put 300ex shocks on a trx90 on ebay. I did sort of the same thing. I put Eton 90 rear shocks all the way around on our trx90. I had brackets made at the a-arms because thay are about 2 inches longer than stock. They are STIFF too. My son is 11 and about 75lbs. and jumps things a trx90 has no business jumping. This set up just happens to work for us and my budget.

We did this to our TRX 90. Bought used works dual rate 300ex shocks. The kit needs some mods to make it work. When you bolt on the bottom brackets it just squezes the stock arm mounts and you need to make spacers to solve this. I also had to move the top bracket up to get the front A-Arms to sit flat. There was not enough adjustment for this so I welded the two together. It would have been about the same to make your own but now it does work very well. Makes it really stable and only have 160.00 in the whole thing with the shocks:D :D The rod extenders were also junk but I found some Aluminum tie rods 2.75" longer than stock from on ebay.

Bracket Mod:

http://www.bmanswebdesign.com/yfz/TRX90/frontend/5.JPG

This is with the stock front wheels:

http://www.bmanswebdesign.com/yfz/TRX90/frontend/7.JPG

11-26-2004, 09:00 AM
thats a nice job. i was thinking about doing the a-arm extention but i made some 1" wheel extenders already and they handle great! ( no bad feedback at all ) so i'm going to leave that.

easydoesitmikey
03-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Would the Stage 1 Elka's make a noticable difference over the stock front shocks on the TRX 90? My son is 9 and not really an aggresive rider. At least not yet. We ride trails in the woods. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elka-Shocks-Stage-1-Front-ATV-Suspension-Honda-TRX90-TRX-90-/140717091119