PDA

View Full Version : Front sand tires

TDBRPH
04-10-2002, 01:42 PM
I have only been to the dunes once and I ran just stock fronts. Does having fronts make a big difference? If so what is good on the the 400ex. I am leaning towards the Shark fin from GBC but would the dune tracker or single Groove be better? I have seen a lot of people with the smooth buff style do these work well?

Thanks for you input

Triston

04-10-2002, 02:10 PM
I use stock fronts when I go to the dunes and they work fine. I do plan on getting a set of the style with the hooked fin sometime in the future, but my front end is up most of the time anyways, so what's the diff? If the money tree kicks out some extra bucks, get a set, otherwise, just go have fun.

PDunes300ex
04-10-2002, 04:18 PM
All i do is ride pismo so i have a set of haulers on the back and just slicks on the front. i like the way they float over the sand and the front end usually just gets up in the air. On sand tracks you have to work the front brake a little and get the back to swing around, but that's just fun. The friends i ride with use stock front tires on their banshees but they are less forgiving. For instance if you get the front end of the banshee up coming out of a turn, if you land with the wheels still turned it has a tendency to grab and shoot off line. That's my $.02