PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield Mccoy

LANNK66
09-22-2004, 07:28 PM
if anyone is looking for some great trail riding i suggest the hatfield mccoy trail system in wv. they got hundreds of miles of trails and lots of lodging and stuff nearby. just got back from the trail head in gilbert wv (out in the middle of nowhere) and the riding was great. trails are marked very well and the maps are good. the only drawback is that i had to drive like six hours to get there, but it was a great weekend. plenty of lodging nearby and all of the towns are cool about quads on the street. do a google search for hatfield mccoy and check it out. also if anyone has tried any of the other trail heads let me know.

Runnin Dumb
09-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LANNK66
if anyone is looking for some great trail riding i suggest the hatfield mccoy trail system in wv. they got hundreds of miles of trails and lots of lodging and stuff nearby. just got back from the trail head in gilbert wv (out in the middle of nowhere) and the riding was great. trails are marked very well and the maps are good. the only drawback is that i had to drive like six hours to get there, but it was a great weekend. plenty of lodging nearby and all of the towns are cool about quads on the street. do a google search for hatfield mccoy and check it out. also if anyone has tried any of the other trail heads let me know.

Hey there, I guess you're new to the site by your post count. EXriders has had rides there for about two or three years now. A bunch of us get together, any from 10 to 60, in the spring, mid summer, and fall. The pass fall ride got washed out. Welcome to the site and keep an eye out next spring for that ride. If ya go once with us, you'll be hooked from now on:D Do a search for pic from past rides. It is a blast:devil:

Rico
09-23-2004, 03:14 PM
He has no idea of what he's missed.....:devil:

T.Hopp
09-23-2004, 05:44 PM
My first trip to Hatfield was last thursday to saturday. If you watched the weather you know that Hurrican Ivan showed itself them days. The five of us got wet, we got real wet! It didn't stop us from riding 100 miles though! While on the trail we come across a dead rattlesnake. It appeared to be very healthy until someone killed it to cut the rattle off. I will definatly go back to ride again.

k2-dawg
09-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by T.Hopp
While on the trail we come across a dead rattlesnake. It appeared to be very healthy until someone killed it to cut the rattle off....

Was that you Pappy???:D

Motoman440
09-24-2004, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by LANNK66

Been there once or twice. Trials are very nice. :p