PDA

View Full Version : Only 8-years Old!!!!!!

Brian450
09-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Just thought I would pass this on too everyone. This kid was in the same school as my 7 year old neice an but in a grade higher (3rd grade). Can everyone say a prayer for this family.

" An 8-year-old Leon Conty boy died Monday morning from injuries sustained in an ATV crash, said Lt. Linda Butler of the Leon County Sheriff's Office. Daniel Padgett was with his family at the home of friends at about 7 p.m. Sunday when he rode an ATV around a pond behind the home. A neighbor said the ATV hit a bump and flipped on top of the boy. He was wearing head protection at the time of the incident, Butler said. He was rushed to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and died Monday from internal injuries, Butler said. The incident was ruled an accidental death, she said. The child was a student at Hawks Rise Elementary."

I don't mean to sound mean but, when are PARENTS going to be responsible and make their kids ride atv's that are suited for them only. My guess is the kid should of been on an atv with 90cc's only.

theTman
09-22-2004, 04:08 PM
:( RIP lil dude

HONDA_RIDER250
09-22-2004, 10:19 PM
That is really sad, I have a cousin (7) and a little brother (3) my cousin is going to start riding soon and my little brother is going to start in about 2 years, I will make sure they can't get a hold of my bike.

Ryan
09-23-2004, 05:36 PM
It still doesn't state what ATV he was on, but im sure it was over the 90cc limit. Parents need to be more responsible.

Brian450
09-23-2004, 07:07 PM
I agree ryan, seems like they are keeping that information quite around here too.

high_flyer_969
09-24-2004, 02:41 PM
in new brunswick Canada if u are under the age of 16 you need a lisence to drive a atv