PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else wondering this?

Jersey450R
09-22-2004, 12:10 PM
does anyone wonder this...sometimes i get on my 450 and i'm like "omg damn this thing friggen rips!!!". And other days i get on and i'm wondering, "is something holding on my grab bar holding me back?" maybe this is all in my head but i'm wondering if anyone else feels this way. its weird i know...thanks

300exOH
09-22-2004, 12:15 PM
It could be the weather conditions affecting your air/fuel mix. On hot humid days you aren't going to produce the power you would on a nice cool day.

450 Racer R
09-22-2004, 12:28 PM
it's cause you're getting used to the power. It's not all that much after riding all the time. Start getting into mods and it'll fix the problem.

Everytime I get on mine it hauls *** and I'm always impressed

red2004 TRX450R
09-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
does anyone wonder this...sometimes i get on my 450 and i'm like "omg damn this thing friggen rips!!!". And other days i get on and i'm wondering, "is something holding on my grab bar holding me back?" maybe this is all in my head but i'm wondering if anyone else feels this way. its weird i know...thanks

mine feels like that some times all so.

The first ride i took on the R is was realy pissed it was not verry fast at all (comparred to my old shee). but in the first week it keep getting faster. I think cause the rings seated and i was reving it higher!!

I put on ac propegs and it made me faster!
and then i put on my sparks pipe and it made the quad faster!

God love the trx450r

Wayne64SS
09-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R

i always think the same things. its really weird how you can get on the same quad 2 different days and feel such a difference. This is prolly the best post on the whole site... now lets figure out why its like this!

SCOOTER99
09-22-2004, 06:41 PM
I notice a huge differance when it gets colder. It hauls when it is cold.

BOONE450R
09-22-2004, 06:44 PM
its the weather :)

lukester720
09-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
It could be the weather conditions affecting your air/fuel mix. On hot humid days you aren't going to produce the power you would on a nice cool day.

We have a winner! weather conditions, even altitude will effect performance.

Wayne64SS
09-22-2004, 07:37 PM
tahts gay they should be hella fast all the time!

10secKing
09-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
I put on ac propegs and it made me faster!

yeah thats like when you were a little kid you got new shoes and you thought, I CAN RUN FASTER NOW!!!

but not really you were still slow. he he he

:D

SCOOTER99
09-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Cooler air is more dense, not to mention cooler intake charge burns hotter and produces more power. When aftermarket companies do dyno runs on these quads to tell customers what hp gain there product produced, they should also include what the temp is when they did the pull. For example when they do a base run (stock) vs what there pipe did there might have also been a 20 degree drop in temp that may have been a good 2-4hp by itself.

Martin Blair
09-22-2004, 11:05 PM
i feel this as well on coller days it rips but i am still getting used to the power that why my hmf BB pipe and uni filter better get her before this weekend ride

Jersey450R
09-23-2004, 05:17 AM
Thanks Wayne for the props, i've always wondered this for years and never asked anyone, lol. I knew the weather had something to do with it. thanks everyone for your input. I cant wait for the cold weather, haha! :blah:

300exOH
09-23-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by lukester720
We have a winner! weather conditions, even altitude will effect performance.

Thanks for backing me up:devil:

Pappy
09-23-2004, 07:00 AM
man you guys could be describing my wife:o

300exOH
09-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
man you guys could be describing my wife:o

ROFLMAO!!! Man I hope she doesn't read that:eek2:

iceracer65
09-23-2004, 07:50 AM
I've got a new one for you guys...This winter one of my buddies had like the first 450 at the iceraces. It was going good, but not that good...then I was watching him coming around the corner and noticed the brake light was on, then it would go off down the strait. I thought "maybe he's just got his foot on it enough to click the brake light switch". When he came in the pits I checked out his caliper...It was hot enough to fry an egg!!!:eek2: I mean like scorching!With the rear pedal adjusted on the high side stock that may be accounting for some of your problems.

red2004 TRX450R
09-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by 10secKing
yeah thats like when you were a little kid you got new shoes and you thought, I CAN RUN FASTER NOW!!!

but not really you were still slow. he he he

:D

GO back and read the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It made me faster not the quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just like shocks will make you faster!!!!!!!!!

:eek2:

Jersey450R
09-23-2004, 02:11 PM
ice racer, thats interesting you say that but i dont think thats the problem. my wheels spin freely when i lube my chain but i'll lower that pedal a lil too. thanks bro.