PDA

View Full Version : High RPM loss of power & vibration! HELP!

rr4406pak
09-22-2004, 09:11 AM
I was going riding the other day when my 2001 stock 400EX would barely start. Then it would not start at all!

I switched over to reserve and it started right up!!! Obviously my fuel line got plugged somehow.

Maybe I got some crap in the fuel line? Is'nt there a fuel filter? Or just a screen on the carb?

Could this be what is causing my high RPM vibration and loss of power? Maybe because my fuel line is somewhat plugged and starved for gas it is leaning out at high RPM and the vibration is just the motor starving for gas??? I got the severe high RPM vibration when the fuel knob was on the "ON" position and on the "RESERVE" position. At low RPMs the quad acts normal and has adequate power.

Has this happened to anyone before? Anyone have a high RPM loss of power and severe vibration like this?

I'll keep you posted on what I find whenever my wife lets me out in the garage to take apart the fuel system.

Any opinions/suggestion are appreciated!!!

cals400ex
09-22-2004, 11:25 AM
no fuel filter, just a screen on the tank. i would add gas and make sure that wasn't the problem.

fastkid400
09-22-2004, 07:48 PM
i dont mean to be a didlo, but on my 5horse briggs, it happened, and it wouldnt rev out after i got hit racing. couldnt figure what the fork was happenin. then kapop lost the rod, i would check everythang small before i tore nethang apart. maybe drain gas and check lines clean carb, just check everything small remember:blah:

rr4406pak
09-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Racing a 5 horse Briggs and got hit? What kind of racing was that?:huh