PDA

View Full Version : mountaineer gncc track conditions?

400exvet
09-22-2004, 07:13 AM
Anybody have any insight on the track conditions? I know this is the first GNCC there but are there any locals that can give us a heads up? I'm thinking dust will not be a factor:D , more curious about the abundance of rocks! I heard that the Spartan 2 was worse than Rausch Creek with rocks:eek2: that is hard for me to imagine.....Rausch trashed all kinds of bikes. I'm thinking of using my big boy tires if it's that bad.

ridemehard913
09-22-2004, 07:35 AM
I was told from some koontz racers it was nothing but a bunch of loggin roads with big ditches in it. i hope not...:(

PRM-atv
N-Style

Scott Kawi700
09-22-2004, 08:06 AM
here is what the site had.

Mountaineer Update

GNCC Trail Boss Jeff Russell just checked in after a long weekend at the Good Evening Ranch in Summersville (the site of this weekend's race).

The good news is the heavy rain and flooding that hit Southern West Virginia didn't hit the Ranch, so we won't be swamp buggy racing. And there doesn't look to be any more rain in the forecast this week, so we lucked out there.

The terrain is really steep, though, so Jeff expects to stick to some rocky logging roads to prevent bottlenecks and such.

Should be a good (and dry) time so we'll see you there this weekend. Come early and bring your golf clubs, or bring the family and check out the exotic animal zoo.

Here are the directions:

The Good Evening Ranch is located just minutes from Summersville, West Virginia, off of US Route 19. Follow Route 39 East for 3.9 miles and make a right to Groves Road (NOT Groves Ford Road!) in Canvas. Follow Groves Road for 1.5 miles, keep left and you will find the entrance to the Ranch.

Rico
09-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Sparta didn't have near the rocks as Rausch did.

It was rougher terrain but not near the rocks..:cool:

BSTURDIVANT
09-22-2004, 10:18 AM
There is a bunch of old fire roads, but whether they run them or not is the question. There is rock, but not wisp rock, just a good woods track, should be fast and dusty!

09-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I wasn't real impressed with the place when i was there for a Koontz race ealier this summer!

Motoman440
09-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Did the Koontz race in May this year that was there. Fireroads, some rocks / roots and one off-camber woods section that sucked depending on what line you picked. Obvisously my *** got stuck at the bottom of the off-camber with 20 other guys!!! Lot of fun though. Parking will probably be a ****** as well.

BIGBLOCKBILL
09-22-2004, 08:00 PM
I was told we would be running a completely different track for the GNCC than we did for Koontz.Should still be fast and somewhat open,maybe a little dusty.

CatMostFeared
09-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Get ready its going to be really dusty.:grr:

ridemehard913
09-23-2004, 06:16 AM
" the race track will be very tough. Steep hills and big rocks dot the track, although the area was spared from recent storms so the weather is nice"

thats from the website

Sidewinder
PRM- atv

jja125
09-23-2004, 06:38 AM
don't they have an mx track there too?

they said on the radio this morning that there's a possibility of having another hurricane in the area by the weekend now....

Quad Racer 600
09-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Well the forcast is pretty good for right now. check 'er out

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USWV0725&from=search_10day

WOODSRACER349
09-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Awesome track- Just wish I had a free weekend to come race it! But it looks like I'm gonna be busy once again and miss it:(

Meek
09-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Had a great time, track was fast and rough.