PDA

View Full Version : Battery

knighttime
04-10-2002, 12:01 PM
Has anyone ever charged the mofo?

How did it work?

Is there an aftermarket brand that makes one the exact size?

Service honda sells oem 400ex batteries for $45.00.

Thats all folks.

:square

Deathbringer
04-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Yes I had to charge mine after sitting all winter, I used a slow charge system that put out about 4amps. You can get one at Walmart for about $30, I think they called it a battery tender..

JustRace
04-10-2002, 06:18 PM
My battery is so dead that I have to charge it all the time now. I rode my ex today and when it would idle the battery would go dead so fast it would stall. I think JabberJaw said that you could go to wally world and get a marine battery of the same size and they work better.

04-10-2002, 06:27 PM
i have worked for a battery company for 12 years, what would you like to know?
did not think of it before, but there is a higher amperage battery available that is the oem match. it will not be available until may 1st. i will try to get the specs.

knighttime
04-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by EXATAK
i have worked for a battery company for 12 years, what would you like to know?
did not think of it before, but there is a higher amperage battery available that is the oem match. it will not be available until may 1st. i will try to get the specs.

That would be awesome. Please let us know. :cool:

04-10-2002, 10:32 PM
sorry, i thought i brought home the specs from work, but it should give riders with higher compression a little more power to fire up their quads

JustRace
04-10-2002, 10:42 PM
That will be great. Maybe the 440 with 11:1 comp will fire up a little easier. But man i really need a new battery.

04-10-2002, 10:47 PM
the new batteries are of agm technology(absorbed glass matt) i saw some pricing and they are exspensive!! motorcycle batteries are primarily designed for the street bike crowd and are not "built" for the demands of off road abuse.(i hate using that word about riding) anyway, they will come fully sealed and contain no battery acid(i.e. agm technology) no doubt we will sell loads of them, but i think the price will keep alot of riders from buying them
IF YOU LIVE IN MINNISOTA, i can hook you up with a buddy who runs a battery company there,

04-11-2002, 10:35 AM
Rockymountain ATV,,has some new fancy batteries,,for the 400ex,,but there like $75.

knighttime
04-11-2002, 01:44 PM
I'm just gonna jam some duracells in the battery box, hook up some wires and be done with it.

Who knows, I may connect up one of the big f'n batteries with the 2 bolts on top. U know the kind u make a stupid f'n electromagnet out of with a nail. :huh

MOFO
04-11-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
I'm just gonna jam some duracells in the battery box, hook up some wires and be done with it.

Who knows, I may connect up one of the big f'n batteries with the 2 bolts on top. U know the kind u make a stupid f'n electromagnet out of with a nail. :huh

sweet!!! You'll be able to pick up nails with that fo'hundred?? Let me know how that goes.... :D

Oh BTW...you'll need around 25 Duracells (D cell) to fit in the battery box. Requires slight modification. LOL! :D

ChadEXer
04-11-2002, 02:57 PM
I got a battery i was gonna trash!! It still works fine but since im doing the motor work and the battery is gonna sit a while I went ahead and ordered a new one from Terry!!! That 505 will prolly need ever amp it can get:D