PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch

4TraxRider
09-21-2004, 09:22 PM
I was just told by my local dealer that I shouldn't run a pro-design killswitch because it is bad for the coil, ignition, and stator. Is he feeding me a load or what. i know a lot of guys who have them including me with no problems so far. Just looking for the truth here so I don't cause anymore problems than I already have with the friggin thing.

4TraxRider
09-21-2004, 09:23 PM
On a YFZ that is, sorry.:blah:

creechfan
09-22-2004, 07:14 AM
i have not had a problem with mine at all, and my pro design was on there allmost from day one! my yfz is a not a year old yet btw....

ranger400ex
09-22-2004, 07:26 AM
I would find another person to talk to there, or another dealer. The only quad that has issues with them is a Cannondale/ATK. Thousand of YFZ's with PD kills out there. just be sure it is hooked up correctly and all connections are secure.

daddio
09-22-2004, 07:45 AM
alot of guy's use the pingle kill switch. it works like the stock shut off switch (normally closed).
http://www.pingelonline.com/
the pro design works ok if you don't use it to turn your quad off all the time. watch the pro's very carefully. they turn their quad off with a key or other switch. not the teather.

4TraxRider
09-25-2004, 11:09 PM
daddio, your right, thats what another local dealer said. the first just heard it through the grapevine and had no experience and was only doing what he heard. The other guys said that you can do damage if you shut it off all the time with the killswitch, unless yuo have a gunnar or another brand that opens what pulled I think.