PDA

View Full Version : 97 300ex manual needed

tickman
09-21-2004, 03:00 PM
just got a 97 300ex and wanted to see if anyone knows where to get a downloaded copy of the service manual, so i can catch up on some of the maintenance.

thanks

cds
09-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Dunno about a "downloaded copy."

You can buy a book at repairmanual.com

You can probably order either a honda, clymer, or haynes manual from your dealer.

Some local libraries have manuals for popular bikes.

Have fun with that ex,
cd

bradley300
09-24-2004, 08:23 PM
you can also just ask questions here! its all prety basic maintenece and uits a very easy bike to work on. if your not real hard on it, change the oil and filter every 3 or 4 rides, clean it after each ride and hit the chain with some wd-40 after your done. get the rear off the ground and grab each rear tire w/ one hand and shake the rear end, if the axle moves at all, tightent the lock nut, if it still moves, replace the rear bearingsevery now and then check the shock bushings etc... there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers, so ask away

tickman
09-30-2004, 07:08 AM
I need to adjust the valves on my 97 300ex. I was just wondering what was involved in doing this. Can someone send me a copy out of the service manual on how this is done. Thanks in advance. Or better yet send it to my email @

matheson33@msn.com

thame2010
09-30-2004, 09:11 PM
dude.. let me search the link and I'll give it to you.. there's a page where I downloaded my 400ex service manual..there should be yours too:)