PDA

View Full Version : Need Help PLEASE. Sorry kinda long.

stiffy
09-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Okay this may be a bit long.
Back in April my dad got a phone call from a window Co. And they where offering a George Foreman grill if he would agree to let them tell him about thier product. so he said ok I need new windows anyway so they come over (2 guys) they where an hour late so anyway they give the 2 hour demo and leave they said they will have to set up another appt. for the pricing so my dad sets up another appt. and they don't show (car problems) they set up another appt. don't show again (car problems) so they send this lady over she gets there @ 6:00pm and she goes on and gives the 2 hour demo again my dad says look lady I'm supposed to be at a b-day party I just need the price (my b-day)
so she says 20k he says hit the road that's way too much then she says 10k he says that's still too much so she says well ask any realtor they increase the value of your home, he says I am a licensed realtor and no they don't so she says it's special NASA glass he says I don't care I have somewhere I need to be and that's way too much where's my grill. So she leaves mad she didn't make the sale. My dad tells her he is going to call her Co. because they wasted his time (it's been 2 hours) so 2 hours later the cops come and serve him with papers she said that he was waiving his arms around and talking loud and she was afraid he was going to hit her. So they go to court she doesn't show they go again the prosecuting attorney is my moms old divorce attorney and he goes golfing with the JOP (Justice of Peace) so she goes on to say that he scared her and she said he never touched her or came within 2 feet from her but that she has the poops now cause of anxiety:rolleyes: anyway the judge says guilty 45 day jail $1,000.00 fine end of story. So since my dad has been in jail (btw he has never even had a parking ticket and has lived here for 35 years) he has gotten a broken nose 2 black eyes and all of his things stolen and he has lost his job. Does anyone know any attorneys that don't charge an arm and a leg for advise? Or a website that I can get info on this lady? Sorry so long but I am devistated The lady's name is Dietra Durtschi she is 41 and lives in West Valley City Utah.

JUSTINcredible
09-21-2004, 02:48 PM
thats a bunch of crap!

did he ever get his grill??

j/p

bansheeguy77
09-21-2004, 02:51 PM
dam bro sorry to hear about that. www.findlaw.com is a decent site with some good info that might help you.

stiffy
09-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Nope never got the grill. I need to figure out how to find background info on this lady and see what her history is cause my dad's is clean. Thanks I'll check it out

I-7
09-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Reading that got me really angry. I wish you the best of luck with your problem. Sorry that I dont have any advise :(

AtvMxRider
09-21-2004, 06:23 PM
LMFAO god that is funny. I would be pissed cause I didn't get my grille

chucked
09-21-2004, 06:42 PM
SUE THEM!!!!! Say you almost died from salmonella (sp) because you didnt have a grill to cook your food!!!!!!!

Aceman
09-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
LMFAO god that is funny. I would be pissed cause I didn't get my grille

Umm, I think I would probably be more pissed cause I was in jail for 45 days than not getting the damn grill.

chucked
09-21-2004, 06:50 PM
he has gotten a broken nose 2 black eyes and all of his things stolen and he has lost his job.

You wouldnt understand how pissed i would be!

What exactly was he accused of????

She was on HIS property wasting HIS time! B/S!!!!!!!

Ryan
09-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Thats a bunch of BS. I don't know how he got accused of such a thing, but I would fight back.

Good luck.

LTandRaptorider
09-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by stiffy
Nope never got the grill. I need to figure out how to find background info on this lady and see what her history is cause my dad's is clean. Thanks I'll check it out

put her name in any people search like USSearch... $50 you can find anything out about them... past criminal history, etc... very useful, I should've used it a couple of times...

hope he at least gets his grill, I hear they work good... :p

Quad18star
09-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
put her name in any people search like USSearch... $50 you can find anything out about them... past criminal history, etc... very useful, I should've used it a couple of times...

hope he at least gets his grill, I hear they work good... :p Only 50 bucks??? Man I wanan know some stuff about a few people ... maybe I'll check it out . LOL

And on the subject of the grill .... it works great . I wouldnt cook on anything else .... unless I can microwave the food . :devil:

honda350r
09-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Nice story !!

You don't get 45 days for yelling and waving your arms around !!

DEAL
09-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Nice story !!

If you can sue mcdonalds because you got fat , anything is possible.

allmixedup047
09-22-2004, 12:38 AM
hmm, she came to your house with past cancelization of apointments, gives you a price quote that she pulled out of her ***, then cuts it in half when you dont except it.wont leave your house when she was told to. gives you false advertizing of the grill (which is also against the law) and then says she felt threatend when your dad didnt come within 2ft of her and could of hit her at anytime during the appointment. your dad has been abused in a (im guessing) minimal security jail. well sounds like there will be a lawsuit when your dad gets out of jail. thats bs.

popo
09-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
Nice story !!

Ya really, I've arrested car thieves and drug dealers that get less time than that. What's the real story.

I have been a Police Officer for almost 13 years and have never heard a a judge laying a sentence down like that.

What was he charged with?

MY450R
09-22-2004, 06:40 AM
women always get what they want

stiffy
09-22-2004, 07:37 AM
He was charged with assault. The prosecuter already had it out for my dad because he represented my mom when they where fighting for custody of me and my little brother a few years back. He also got a $1,000 fine but since he has been locked up he lost his job. Oh yeah he has been a salesman for a ready mix company for the past 20 years. The prosecuter coached this lady throughout the entire trial. Our jails are so full he is sleeping on a pad on the floor even the cops couldn't believe it we have some good officers here one of them even helped lay sod for me. It's simple due process wasn't served he didn't even get a chance to speak in ones own defense and the courts where prejeduce and incompetent (sp) He had a spotless record too.

stiffy
09-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by MY450R

They sure do.:rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
09-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by MY450R

You would know wouldn't you lol.

Toadz400
09-22-2004, 03:40 PM
I don't think that story is true...

I seriously don't think there is any possible way that that could happen, if he never touched her, never threatened her or anything and she was the one breaking the law (a few times), then how did HE get charged?

Just doesn't add up...

stiffy
09-23-2004, 07:37 AM
I will see if I can get the court transcripts so I can show you guys I am really not kidding. In the Utah law assault is
http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/assault_battery.html

honda350r
09-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Get Gephart!!!

Atreyu
09-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Three words: Kill the b|tch.

sportraxrider10
09-23-2004, 01:34 PM
guys did you know that stiffy is a girl?

stiffy
09-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Actually I called Gephart last thursday and e-mailed him too he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I went and saw my pops today with my little bro he looks pretty bad I don't know if I already said this but his nose was broken and his eyes are black It's hard to see him like that it's not fair. And I would like to deck that lady so hard in the face that her blood makes her suffocate and she dies:devil: But hurting the b!@tch would just reflect poorly on my dad.

SAND LUVR
09-23-2004, 03:17 PM
That blows big time. Hire a hitman and take her out. She may have done this before.

Toadz400
09-23-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm up for hire...give me an offer, location of target, how you want it to be done and I'll get it done for ya'.

:cool: Oh...and no one saw this post:grr: .