PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile Freestyle

Quad18star
09-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Alright , I know there's something simular to this in Jon's thread about him busting a flip on a sled but I wanted to start one about snowmobile freestyle in general.

So how many of you guys go out and bust it out on a sled? Winter is just around the corner for many of us folks up in the northern regions and I for one enjoy sledding . If it wouldn't be for an injury sustained a month ago , I'd have purchased a new sled this year and raced snowcross and would have gotten into freestyle . I have done a bit of freestyle previously ,but nothing off any ramps . Mostly just pushed up mounds of snow or doing some ditch banging . I have been successful at doing nac nacs , heal clickers and have pulled a few supermans . I preffer doing it in the snow rather than on the dirt , for the simple fact snow is a little more forgiving .

So who out there loves snowmobile freestyle ... snowcross ... or just plain likes to ride?

I'll try and get a few pictures up from a local freestyle show we had here a years ago .... couple pictures of my buddies busting it out on their sleds .

TheFontMaster
09-20-2004, 08:41 PM
I like watching snowmobile freestlye. I don't have a sled, too expensive for me. I'd rather have a quad. I bought a rafel ticket saterday for a ski do 500. That is probably the closest I will come to owning a sled anytime soon.

Quad18star
09-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I'll have to look through boxes of pictures to see if I can find those freestyle pictures ... they weren't where I thought they would be . :grr:

hoser 400ex
09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
haydays in minnesota a couple weeks ago was kick *****. watchin them sledneck boys bust out!!

Parrella450
09-21-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm up for sledding this winter and cant wait...i got an 00 MXZ 700...and an 04 rev 800 renegade. i ususally jus ride fast trails but ive done a lil bit of freestyle. Only things ive been successful with are supermans, nac nacs and other little stuff...i think its so much easier on a sled cuz of the big seat. ill prolly post some pics of my sled in a week or suttin

flyin#5
09-21-2004, 08:54 PM
we just bought a sled this year, usually i just ride other peoples, never jumped them to much. im going to try a some snowmobile freestyle though, like someone said, its much more forgiving. the ski resort by my house (www.trollhaugen.com) build a couple freestyle ramps for sleds last year, i dont think ill be doing that quite yet, but maybe i can talk them into letting me bring my quad out there. :devil:

MotoX3
09-22-2004, 05:18 PM
'86 Yammi Phazer and a '91 Phazer II.....best recognize:macho .........lol my family just likes to ride trails.....sleds are the shizz.....lol btw we got rid of the 86 and replaced it with an 04 polaris with fox nitrogen rezzy shocks.....its a lil different:macho :eek2:

86350x
09-23-2004, 12:45 AM
We all have sleads up here, I'm sure you seen my pics before. I'll get new ones this winter. I can fly on the slead, but never tried any tricks. I love snowmobiling almost more then anything else.

My main ride these day's is an SRX 700. I'd look into getting a Firecat if I had time to snowcross though. Other then drag racing, all of the snowcross stuff is up north near gaylord. Where you live, and the up are great spots to go riding. You would probrably be suprised how fun the u.p. is too.

http://www.fsxworld.com

Great sight that other snowmobilers should check out.

http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/86350x/SRX/srx2.jpg

She's not your average SRX, it has suspension that works. Along with the giant killing, twin destroying motor.

86350x
09-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Greg, I'm sure you've heard of slednecks through work (you probrably carry the vids too) You need to sit yourself down and watch them. Make sure if you watch any of them, that you watch slednecks 4.

Those guys are awesome:)

Quad18star
09-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Greg, I'm sure you've heard of slednecks through work (you probrably carry the vids too) You need to sit yourself down and watch them. Make sure if you watch any of them, that you watch slednecks 4.

Those guys are awesome:) Yeah ..... Ive watched the slednecks vids once or twice ;) ....... those movies usually play in the VCR or DVD player at work between October and March . #4 is where they do the backflip right? I really enjoyed #5 out of the series . I do preffer 2 stroke Cold Smoke series a bit more .... Diamonds In the Rough was a SIC video .

86350x
09-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Yeah ..... Ive watched the slednecks vids once or twice ;) ....... those movies usually play in the VCR or DVD player at work between October and March . #4 is where they do the backflip right? I really enjoyed #5 out of the series . I do preffer 2 stroke Cold Smoke series a bit more .... Diamonds In the Rough was a SIC video .

I have the 2scs 6 pack on the way with some other slead stuff.

Can't wait to see it. Never seen the aliticity stuff yet either.

Quad18star
09-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
I have the 2scs 6 pack on the way with some other slead stuff.

Can't wait to see it. Never seen the aliticity stuff yet either. Alticity wasn't too bad either . Man next time I go into work I'm gunna bring home a few vids to keep me occupied during the day .

I'll have to agree ..... when the first SRXs came out , they killed anything in their class and even higher classes . They now have a bit of competition . Yamaha needs to redesign a sled for snowcross .

86350x
09-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Alticity wasn't too bad either . Man next time I go into work I'm gunna bring home a few vids to keep me occupied during the day .

I'll have to agree ..... when the first SRXs came out , they killed anything in their class and even higher classes . They now have a bit of competition . Yamaha needs to redesign a sled for snowcross .

Yes they do!, I have alot of chassis mods on the srx. It isn't a rev for snow cross stuff that's for sure. But she's one mean drag racer. Nobody has topped the stock 1/4 mile time of an srx yet. They're still tops with 12.003 at 100.5 (RADAR!). This is box STOCK from the factory. And of coarse I don't leave anything stock:D

This includes all of the 8 and 900's too! Thundercat is way overated. I beat one in st. ignace last season out on the lake.

Quad18star
09-23-2004, 07:37 PM
I'll agree ... out of the crate they dominate .

Check out the video on this site ... just click "View Teaser"

http://www.turnagainhardcore.com/

Looks like a SICK video . Definatly on the Must Have list .... hceck out how much air they get off one of the flips and the distance Paul Thacker gets on his record breaking jump . The start of the clip seems a little wierd , but about a 1/3 of the way through , it gets good .

I am very tempted to sell my quad and go back to sleds . Snowmobile freestyle is on part with Freestyle Motocross now days and the athletes are getting recognized and paid to do it . If I wasn't hurt , I think my quad would be up for sale this year and I'd be doing a bit of back country riding .

86350x
09-24-2004, 03:32 AM
Add one to your collection. I can't believe you live where you do and never replaced your old tripple. Shame on you:confused:

Buy one next year, keep the quad for a summer time toy.

I can whoop a stock machz too if that's what your gettin at, use a rev 800 to whipe my butt after I go poop also.

But up where you live and out on the lakes, the modified machz's are putting out over 200hp to my 155. So yeah, I'd loose. But they make 1100 bolt on's for the srx too. Anyone can rule the mod game, it just takes money. I'd love to have a rev 440 or a sno-pro for jumping and hard core stuff, but my sheds full as it is(for now).

Not a brand loyal guy here. Don't dislike any of the brands.

Some guys get paid for back country riding also, but most work regular jobs also. In the past 3 years there's been soo much pregression it's unbelievable. Come down to nelsons in greenville and check out the brap pack next year.

Do a search on BJ Murray.

If John did the flipp, could probrably be in slednecks 8 if he wanted to be.

Rip_Tear
09-24-2004, 05:38 PM
droooool, I just hope this winter is better then last year, the snow didn't arrive til too late, then when I got home to ride it was way too deep... getting stuck was just not an option. I haven't done any freestyle, I haven't even broken the 500km mark on my 3 yr old sled!!! :eek: I never have time or $$ to ride, insurance kills me, gas kills me, college kills me... I need some sort of income... lol. Well till the snow flies its all just dreams from here.

400exr
10-11-2004, 08:08 PM
I used to have two very heavily modded Artic Cat Powder Specials. I was doing all the high marking and hill climbing I could find and any sno cross in my area. I allways made sure that I was at the Prince George Hill climbs. But then two years ago I crashed pretty bad and we didn't have much for snow, so sold the sled :( so of course last year we had record amounts of snow!!! I didn't have a sled!!!:mad: well, maybe I'll try and get one this year.

86350x
10-12-2004, 03:21 AM
Sounds like a good excuse to go pick up a new M7 to me:cool:

400exr
10-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Ya, I wish!! but the wallet's kinda thin right now. I'm looking at a used Mach z right now, but I don't know if it's the sled for me. What do you think of them?

86350x
10-13-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by 400exr
Ya, I wish!! but the wallet's kinda thin right now. I'm looking at a used Mach z right now, but I don't know if it's the sled for me. What do you think of them?

For mountains no, I'd look for an old summit 670 for your location. But if you long track it it could be good. They make good lake racers for us flatlanders. I'd look for the summit, mountain max 700, or an older rmk for your location. I'm not a brand loyal guy, just know those are good all around machines.

hond_rider52
10-13-2004, 04:57 PM
ya sleds are the ****, i currently dont own one but i plan on buying a 440 in the next coupple of years