PDA

View Full Version : sparks v.s lrd v.s. trinity ??????

wheeliemaster
09-20-2004, 08:20 PM
hi, i just got my yfz about a month ago and i would like to get a full exhaust system for it.i have narrowed it down to the curtis sparks or the lrd exhaust. I race mx and do alot of fast trail riding and some times i go to the dunes.My yfz has the cam retarded, pro design pro flow kit w/k&n, and baffle removed. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

4TraxRider
09-21-2004, 09:25 PM
My buddy had a sparks system on his until he got a TC. He liked it a lot and if felt like it gave it a little more punch over my T-4 slip-on.

allmixedup047
09-21-2004, 09:54 PM
im familiar with these three, sparks,hmf,ESR. im more familiar with the esr because i do all the work with that bike, its a buddies but he just bought it to have one, so i ride the piss out of it when i want to. IMO the sparks and the hmf out power the esr. as a matter of fact when my one buddy had just the hmf slip on he was faster than the esr yfz with the same mods. the sparks is the fastest out of the three in my group though. they all have the same mods, just different choice in pipe.

sylvan56473
09-22-2004, 11:43 AM
I have the full LRD system and absolutley love it. I also have a Hardstyle billet adaptor with a K & N. I was debating between the Sparks and the LRD and finally went with the LRD since it had the quiet core. I wasn't terribly impressed with the pipe when the quiet core was in, but I took it out and it "Woke Up The Beast". I couldn't be happier.

wheeliemaster
09-22-2004, 07:04 PM
thanks for the info, also does the lrd and sparks have OK bottom end because sometimes i ride "tight" tracks and would like to have bottom end for that.

allmixedup047
09-22-2004, 10:48 PM
the sparks will put bottom end in your hp gain. im not sure about the lrd but i would assume it would add some also. not sure if its as much gain as the sparks pipe though. it doesnt matter. all you will get on this thread is opinions so get the one you think looks cooler.

wheeliemaster
09-23-2004, 09:24 AM
thanks for the info, i am going to buy the sparks racing exhaust!!!

allmixedup047
09-23-2004, 09:38 AM
you will love it!!!