PDA

View Full Version : Tt

TheMachine
09-20-2004, 07:10 PM
This is going to make me sound like a complete idiot im sure(wont be the first time), but what exactly does TT stand for. It's flat track racing right? Im new to quad racing.

Syrus
09-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes TT is flat track racing, but i still dont understand how they get TT out of flat track Racing. Your in the sam boat i am dude, dont feel to dumb :blah:

TheFontMaster
09-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I have alway wondered what TT stood for too. I knew it was flat track.

Mxjunkie
09-20-2004, 07:27 PM
flaT Track maybe the two T's?:confused:

Toadz400
09-20-2004, 07:40 PM
I thought there actually was a difference between Flat Track racing and TT...I remember reading in ATV Sport the differences, don't remember though. I don't believe TT is completely flat though.

400exrules
09-20-2004, 07:41 PM
isnt one of them just like almost a big oval with few turns, and the other with frequent turns and not as flat?

LTandRaptorider
09-20-2004, 07:47 PM
TT= Tourist Trophy...

Yes it is different from flat track. Flat track is an oval track, usually an 1/8 mile to 1/2 mile long. TT they put some other turns in, sometimes small jumps and off cambers.

Cody_300ex
09-20-2004, 08:17 PM
They get TT out of Flat track because both tt and flat track you need to be really low to the ground, have a sway bar, slicks, really wide a-arms and a couple of other odds and ends. I like tt better than flat track personanly.

iceracer65
09-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Atv's followed the motorcycles by running TT's...the grand national bikes (Chris Carr, Jay Springsteen) still run a couple of TT's one of which being at Peoria Il. All a track needs to be considered a TT is one right hand turn and a jump... that's it!!

By the way, isn't it ironic that to of the fastest TT riders in the world's names are Keith LiTTle and Shane HiTT??

87250rxrider
09-21-2004, 02:48 PM
like LTandRaptorider stated, TT= tourist trophy, and is a good amount different than flattrack racing. TT uses large tracks, and the quads also use different setups than flattrack quads.

bulkdriverlp
09-21-2004, 03:01 PM
ur all wrong it means "travis tritt"

wilkin250r
09-21-2004, 03:30 PM
As far as most people are concerned, flat track and TT mean basically the same thing, because TT is run on a track that is essentially flat, unlike XC or MX racing.

When you get down to the technical aspects of it, yes there are some subtle differences. "Flat Track" racing seems to encompass basically any race run on a flat track, whether it is strictly an oval, or with other twists and turns. However, it is usually associated with an oval track. Tourist Trophy racing is never an oval, and can even be miles long. In most motorcycle cases, they simply take an oval track and run a few turns through the middle, creating a TT track, so there really isn't much distinction between the two types.

The setup is very similar for both types of racing. And like I said, run a few turns through the middle of a oval flat track, and you have a TT track, so the tracks are very similar for both types of racing. So like I said, for most people they are essentially the same.

TheMachine
09-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Thank you for the clarification.