PDA

View Full Version : what mx tire is REALLY the best

Out_Sider
09-20-2004, 06:36 PM
what mx tire is REALLY the best.. i do not care about how long they last, im talking performance, how long they last is NOT important, so dont even bring it up.

what is better out of the front tires Klaw, ITP, or Maxxis.

What is better out of rear tires Klaw, Knarly, MXR4, Klaw, or Razr

*the track conditions- mostly hard packed in turns, but can also be loamy in other parts of the track, and sometimes hard packed all thru out the track, and sometimes loamy all on the track*

theTman
09-20-2004, 06:58 PM
ive heard alot of ppl swear by the Klaws...i got razrs and i dont notice a difference from stock

ghak99
09-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by theTman
ive heard alot of ppl swear by the Klaws...i got razrs and i dont notice a difference from stock

I like my rear razrs and front groved radials. They seem to get the job done quite well!

And I don't see how you couldn't feel a difference between stock and razrs!:huh

theTman
09-20-2004, 08:04 PM
well i mean they hook up great and stuff....i guess i do feel a difference...been a while since i rode haha

rollie
09-20-2004, 08:25 PM
ITP 19" MXR4s for the rear i just got some on douglas beadlocks...wow..no more mondo-big rear tires i love these MXR's even tho i rode it up and down the road once....track ride will be sunday!!!:D

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
what mx tire is REALLY the best.. i do not care about how long they last, im talking performance, how long they last is NOT important, so dont even bring it up.

what is better out of the front tires Klaw, ITP, or Maxxis.

What is better out of rear tires Klaw, Knarly, MXR4, Klaw, or Razr

*the track conditions- mostly hard packed in turns, but can also be loamy in other parts of the track, and sometimes hard packed all thru out the track, and sometimes loamy all on the track*
Hands down , I think the Klaws up front are the best!! I havent had achance to try our Knarlys vs our klaws on the rear yet, I TOTALLY loved the Knarlys,they just seem to wear fast, I didnt care for the Hoeshots upfront where we ride and Im not too fond of the Razrs either, I think its tough to say which one is the BEST because there is alot of different dirt from track to track...

roostin_dale
09-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Razr MX for sure!...never running a different tire again...

shamisc
09-20-2004, 08:48 PM
KLAW MX 100% !!;)

Florida400EX
09-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Anything but Holeshot MX's I'll take.

rob-u/21
09-21-2004, 04:19 PM
I think it all depends on what tire you like better.
They are all good tire now. Personally I own 20" ITP fronts and 18" rears and I have no complaints. I have a friend who uses kendas. He said they last a lot longer but his fronts dont turn as good as Holshots or Maxis. One thing I do know is mxr4's are much better than mxr3's.

roostin_dale
09-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
I think it all depends on what tire you like better.

yep! notice everyone is saying a different tire. Unless you run all these tires, you wont know which ones YOU like best. Some people like hook-up and some people like their tires to spin. Ive ran Holeshots, Tamers, kenda's and razr mx's. I will be sticking with the razr's for awhile...

Out_Sider
09-21-2004, 06:18 PM
well, i was thinking of getting both klaw and mxr4 rears, and seeing which ones i liked more. i mean, i just want the best traction possible, but it also has to corner good

stonerider250x
09-21-2004, 07:08 PM
i would say go with either the mxr4's or klaws on the rear. i have heard goos things bout both. as far as fronts go the suspension setup has alot to do with how good it hooks up. but every one has a different preference for how their tires hook up and slide. so the best thing would be to try different tires.

MY450R
09-24-2004, 12:05 PM
razr2's

DEAL
09-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ghak99
I like my rear razrs and front groved radials. They seem to get the job done quite well!

And I don't see how you couldn't feel a difference between stock and razrs!:huh

Did he also meantion his are 20"s.?
Which are not an mx tire.

Out_Sider
09-24-2004, 09:43 PM
yeah.. this is only for mx tires.. only 20in fronts and 18 rears. im thinking of getting Klaw mx fronts, and a set of Klaw mx rears, and a set of itp mxr4 rears and trying out both and see which one i like better.

YamaWarr0121
09-24-2004, 10:45 PM
i have ridden them all..name it i have ridden and raced it on a variety of tracks. THere is one tire that can go on every track wihtout rotating, changing inflation, or anything. if its hard pack, clay, soft, sand, mud, or a beach.. the Holeshot MXR4's can handle it. And they las a very long time..lasting just as long as my Razr MX's did..

if you plead differently i would LOVE to hear your back up..

Razrs are great for clay and softer packed dirt.. but not topsoil as they just spin, same with southwick sand..

kenadas are great, don't slide as well n don't hook up as good in the sand as holeshots..but hook up better than razr's..

are reversable for improved response..but still nto nearly as good as mxr4's...

HOLESHOT ALL THE WAY

KENDA MXF OR HOLESHOT MX FRONTS ONLY!!!

Out_Sider
09-25-2004, 10:16 AM
YamaWarr0121, you seem to know what you're talking about, now i already have 19in ITP MX fronts on my quad.. do you think i should go up to a 20in ITP MX or go with 20in Kenda MXF fronts or just stay with my 19s? i'm definatly gonna buy the mxr4's for the rear first now.

YamaWarr0121
09-25-2004, 10:48 AM
I run the 19" front tires on the hard pack clay here that we have. On the softer sandy tracks and slightly muddy tracks i switch to the 20" front tires. SO if you run on them ( like southwick) then go wtih a 20 inch front. I run 20" frnots all the time on the cannondale, the MXF from Kenda. I like them a lot, never push or plow, always great. i reccomend you get the 20" front kenda's, they are just as tall as a 21" front tire which kinda sucks, but they work very very well..

19" front holeshot mx's are actually smaller than the mxr rear tires..:eek2:

but i adjust with rideheight and the quad handles very well..

Good choice on the MXR4's you will LOVE them ( especially roosting people behind you he he)

I'd say go with a 20" front tire, if you run nationals get a Holeshot tire, then you can run for the contingency that ITP offers with their tires on all 4's.. if not, go with the kenda's, you will like them just as well and work in a variety of terrains. If your 19" tires aren't bald yet, keep em, they will work fine!

Out_Sider
09-25-2004, 11:16 AM
well, my 19s are getting pretty close to bald, but they have decent tread left i guess.. but what is really better the kenda mxfs or the 20in itp fronts? i've never really rode a soft sandy course before, most of them are pretty hardpacked in the corners

YamaWarr0121
09-26-2004, 05:39 PM
If hard packed go with the holeshots.. you'll love them, the kendas are equally as good though!!

tough decision! iw etn with holeshot fronts due to a great price from a guy selling them and contingency money at nationals..

kendas might last longer!! you decide!