PDA

View Full Version : oil

cheezy400
09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
how often should i change my transmission oil? how much should i use ? and wat kind of oil should i use?

rpmquad
09-20-2004, 07:20 PM
i like pro-honda oil..i change mine before and after every race or if not racing i will change after 4-6 hrs of fun riddding...i know some people only change it once or twice a year lol but its cheap insurance to do it often..plus it gives you a chance to keep an eye on things

cheezy400
09-20-2004, 07:48 PM
how much shoudl i use

velocityatv
09-20-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree with rpmquad, use the Honda pro oil that comes in a red jug. NEVER over fill its extra rotating mass, and teh crank case was designed to splash the oil were it needs to go. If you over fill it won't go everywhere it needs to. Take out the check bolt on the side of the case, don't forget to place the quad on a flat suface. Than just fill it til the oil starts to run out of the check oil hole. I use the same schedule as rpmquad on changin my oil. You don't want the clutch fibers running through the bearings for too long, especially if you use kevlar clutch's. :devil:

RedRacer44
09-21-2004, 07:30 PM
The Pro Honda oil works well and I personally like BelRay Gear Saver....it worked great for me. I also changed it every race or every 4-6 hours of free-riding. Just take the check bolt out and pour it till it comes out the check hole.....and your set to go!

beak7707
10-05-2004, 12:30 PM
I've had good luck with belray gear saver. I do the same after every race, or after a few hours of rec riding.