View Full Version : New ? about the reklus clutchs?

Sick0
09-20-2004, 04:01 PM
The other post about the reclus was getting big.

I've rode BMX for years and have alot of control with the rear brakes on the right hand side on the handlebars and the front brakes on the left side of the handlebars. I was wondering if this clutch works as good as pappy is saying, could you ditch the clutch lever and run a complete handlevel brake system.

I'm real tall and when I lean over in turns it real hard to slide into the corners using my rear brakes or I will step on the rear brake level and stall the egine out. If I could have the brakes set-up like my bike I would have tons of control and would make me way faster.

GE4x4
09-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Rekluse sells the kit to transfer your clutch side into a rear brake.

Bill Winner
09-20-2004, 04:28 PM
I just installed one before the weekend. I love it! I bought it becuase I lost most of my left fingers in a brake press. I raced motocross Saturday and one the first moto. I could have maybe taken the overall but wiped out in the woops in the second moto.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
09-21-2004, 10:04 AM
I know I am sold on the rekluse especially after this weekend race at FT Dodge IA where the 12 hrs was held last year, lots of corners and sharp turns to bigger uphills, I thought to myself boy if I had a regular clutch I would be clutching the heck out of the bike but instead I just kept on the throttle and up the hills I went this thing is one of the best mods I have done. I personally don't want to ride a regular clutch again.