PDA

View Full Version : Night Riding

red2004 TRX450R
09-20-2004, 01:19 PM
I have a :devil: in my head that keeps making me turn off my head light whill riding fast throught the woods at night.

I do it all the time and I cant help it!!!!

IM to the point now where i will not go out to far if i dont thnk i can make it back before dark!!!
I moslty ride by my self too!!!

I dont get it, I ride during the day with my head light on so pople dont run in to me (happened once, had to stay in the hospittle for a while) but about every cuple of min I will trun off my head light and gass it !!! and i get a worm fuzzy filling in side!!!
it all started around 1986 when i was 6 years old !!

Syrus
09-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
I have a :devil: in my head that keeps making me turn off my head light whill riding fast throught the woods at night.

I do it all the time and I cant help it!!!!

IM to the point now where i will not go out to far if i dont thnk i can make it back before dark!!!
I moslty ride by my self too!!!

I dont get it, I ride during the day with my head light on so pople dont run in to me (happened once, had to stay in the hospittle for a while) but about every cuple of min I will trun off my head light and gass it !!! and i get a worm fuzzy filling in side!!!
it all started around 1986 when i was 6 years old !!

uhh...:huh night riding is fun, but i think ur having a lil to much fun, but nice personal story :rolleyes:

reconmaster
09-20-2004, 01:56 PM
night ridin is always fun especially when ur hittin gap jumps or climbin huge *** hills or when u go 2 a pit party and u entertain a bunch of drunk ppl cause they get holy crap man u nuckin awesome and stuff and they still think ur awesome when they r sober

sickmojave
09-20-2004, 01:58 PM
and i get a worm fuzzy filling in side!!!

:huh LMAO

red2004 TRX450R
09-20-2004, 02:40 PM
reconmaster
i CHECKED OUT YOUR SIGHT
u need a new quad!!!
you realy should not jump a recon it will bite you!!!
I think u are crazer than me riding in the dark!
I had a 1987 honda 200sx sport/utility quad and the shocks on it sucked compared to the new quads
I all so had a lt125 with no shocks and that is how i learned to ride with no lights on and no shocks!!! LO L

theTman
09-20-2004, 03:02 PM
:huh riiiiiiiiight

reconmaster
09-20-2004, 04:38 PM
reconmaster
i CHECKED OUT YOUR SIGHT
u need a new quad!!!
you realy should not jump a recon it will bite you!!!
I think u are crazer than me riding in the dark!
I had a 1987 honda 200sx sport/utility quad and the shocks on it sucked compared to the new quads
I all so had a lt125 with no shocks and that is how i learned to ride with no lights on and no shocks!!! LO L

hey man i have been jumpin that 4 year only 3 crashes and they didn't hurt me 1 bit snd i'm gettin a new quad next spring

besides hittin my jumps in da dark and doin no ftrs is apure adrenaline rush

remlapr
09-20-2004, 04:49 PM
I'll admit I've done this, but only on gravel roads on straights but I was in 4th\5th. It is quite a rush, but pretty stupid really and I would never do it on trails :huh

jvd182
09-20-2004, 05:49 PM
when goto copper ridge i cant drive with my head light on bc i cant wear my glasses(nvr were them ne ways0 so even with the head light im blind and contacts suck 4 mud... is there ne specail googles 4 glasses or somin?

zephead400ex
09-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jvd182
when goto copper ridge i cant drive with my head light on bc i cant wear my glasses(nvr were them ne ways0 so even with the head light im blind and contacts suck 4 mud... is there ne specail googles 4 glasses or somin?

:huh :confused:

theTman
09-21-2004, 04:17 PM
yes they make goggles that can go over glasses...ive seen the ad in dirtwheels

LazeR
09-24-2004, 12:25 AM
On the dunes night riding sometimes we will mess around and turn off our lights, but its normally not for a long period of time....Unless were going back to camp at like 1130pm and we try to do it in darkness without lights just for the fun of it... But i wouldnt do it on a woods trail at night... im not that brave or stupid however you wanna look at it

reconmaster
09-24-2004, 08:06 PM
always keep ur headlights on man i almost headed on a guy cause of him not havin his headlights on

gyt-r450
09-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by theTman
:huh riiiiiiiiight

nemesis
09-30-2004, 03:27 PM
what if, is a horrible question we ask ourselves all the time.

I have done this too but it is usually when I am riding behind a friend to mess with them

LazeR
09-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by nemesis
I have done this too but it is usually when I am riding behind a friend to mess with them

That's my friend's and i do to each other!

hessianmx111
10-05-2004, 03:57 PM
I have 3 big fields behind my house on my land like 20 acres or so apiece and its alotta fun to just go as fast as you can across one of those at night with no lights you feel like your goin so much faster, cant say id ever do it on a trail with a bunch of trees around but in a wide open space its fun