PDA

View Full Version : Rims stuck

efilnicafesin
09-20-2004, 05:56 AM
I went to take my rear tires off for the first time, and the guy I bought my quad from used the acorn lug nuts on aluminum rims with no steel insert... It smashed the aluminum completely around the studs. I tried smacking the back of the rim to get it loose, but did not move even a little bit. Is there anything I can do to get these off short of cutting the wheel studs on the back of the stud and trying to knock them out? Its a 250x, but I'm not sure what brand the rims are...

http://www.seickel.com/ken/quadright.jpg

Rootar
09-20-2004, 07:52 AM
sounds to me you need to start cutting and get a few studs from the honda shop

Pappy
09-20-2004, 08:43 AM
you could remove the hubs/wheel at one shot, then try to drive out the hub from the rim.

JRDrider22
09-20-2004, 02:57 PM
thats what i do..take off you hub nut , stack ur tires on top of each other, get a piece of wood,line it up on all the studs, get a hammer and give it a good whack..it should come right off

JDiablo
09-20-2004, 03:18 PM
i had the same problem,sux it took my about 10 mins of beating with a rubber mallet to get each wheel off,after that i put washers there to stop it and it never happened again

stonerider250x
09-21-2004, 07:13 PM
try what pappy said and it that dont work u will prolly have to cut the studs off. by the way i like the maier plastic:cool:

efilnicafesin
09-22-2004, 06:22 AM
Thanks guys... I'll pull the hubs and see if I can beat them out. I just don't want to FUBAR my rims ... I don't care about a few wheel studs...

stonerider250x....
Thanks..I just put the fender extensions on the front. The race cut was kicking up too many rocks and stuff in my face. But I get alot of comments on the blue Honda.. :cool: There have been other changes since that pic also.

I just ordered a set of blue Maier plastics for my boys LT80. Can't wait to see that.

dynofox
09-22-2004, 07:51 PM
I use the stock acorn lug nuts on my douglas .190 rims and they cause the rims to stick once in awhile. I just slap the tire on the left and then the right a few times and they loosen right up and come off.