PDA

View Full Version : Truck Exhaust Question

Honda4trax250x
09-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Well for my birthday my uncle bought me a flowmaster 40 series muffler. The truck it will be for is a 4.3L V6 on an s10 blazer

untill i have some more money, we are going to run one muffler, then a split to two pipes coming out the back. How do you think this will sound? Anyone ever do it on the same truck?

thanks a bunch
mike

LTandRaptorider
09-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
Well for my birthday my uncle bought me a flowmaster 40 series muffler. The truck it will be for is a 4.3L V6 on an s10 blazer

untill i have some more money, we are going to run one muffler, then a split to two pipes coming out the back. How do you think this will sound? Anyone ever do it on the same truck?

thanks a bunch
mike

I have a Flowmaster on my Chevy 350 V8... single in to the muffler, dual out the side. Flowmasters sound good, IMO...

chris450R
09-19-2004, 08:50 PM
i have a '98 s-10 truck w/ the 4.3L and a 5-speed. i also have a flowmaster muffler on my truck. it is a single inlet dual outlet. it reallt sounds great. it has a nice deep rumble to it. the 4.3L V6's really have a good sound to them. well they should because they are the equivalent to a 350 V8 minus 2 cylinders. the bore and stroke are the same. so anyway yes it will sound very good.

FourFiftyFour
09-19-2004, 08:53 PM
my truck has the flowmaster 40 series on it and its VERY loud but mines a v8, your truck might not be as deep as the v8s sound.....my ex bf had a tacoma and it didnt sound very deep at all, was like the mix between the way mine sounds and then a rice burner car

chris450R
09-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
.....my ex bf had a tacoma and it didnt sound very deep at all
your ex-bf's tacoma was probably a 4-cylinder and the reason it sounded like a mix was because flowmaster's make the exhaust notes deeper, so it was a deeper 4-cylinder sound until higher revs where it started to sound like a ricer.

oh i am not tryin to preach or anything just statin some info.

FourFiftyFour
09-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by chris450R
your ex-bf's tacoma was probably a 4-cylinder and the reason it sounded like a mix was because flowmaster's make the exhaust notes deeper, so it was a deeper 4-cylinder sound until higher revs where it started to sound like a ricer.

oh i am not tryin to preach or anything just statin some info.

it was a v6, i was there when we test drove it and bought it

440exnacsracer
09-19-2004, 09:08 PM
im a V8 or nothin guy, but if i had a v6, i would definatly get a flowmaster. i think your plan of one muffler is good, especially spliting the pipes to have duals. i have two mufflers, but on a 5.4l v8 and they sound good, and i dont think yours will be any different. cool b-day presend:D

Honda4trax250x
09-19-2004, 09:23 PM
thanks a lot to all of you

this is a prime example of why this site is so great, any other site i would have gotten an answer like " ughhhh 6 cylinders are weak, buy a v8 kid!"

but instead i got helpful answers very quickly. thanks a bunch!

Alon
09-19-2004, 09:28 PM
i know its not a chevy, but here is my 4.0 v6 ranger with a flow 40
http://cdorton.com/stl-web/gallery/albums/album02/MOV00752.mpg

440exnacsracer
09-19-2004, 09:37 PM
hmmm the ol 4.0 rangers:devil: they will move with a swiftness:eek2: my friend has one and really suprised me one night but my 5.4 didnt let me down:devil:

MichaelS693
09-19-2004, 09:47 PM
i have a 00 extreme with a flowmaster.. single in dual out.. i dont have pipes ran i have two turn downs under my bed... really deep sound for a 2.2 4 cylinder:D

Alon
09-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
hmmm the ol 4.0 rangers:devil: they will move with a swiftness:eek2: my friend has one and really suprised me one night but my 5.4 didnt let me down:devil:

it flys, even with my 32's on there. i need to regear thouhg, my 3.55 s killing me. going to 4.10s sooon

FourFiftyFour
09-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by yfz04
cdalechick, that truck your ex had was not a tacoma, it was a 94 toyota pickup... and he did not have anything on his truck... he had cut his exhaust completely off, so that it was illegal... btw, I used to race bikes with him... until i got my quad...

i know it was the SR5 94 pickup, but I just call it a tacoma b/c everyone would picture those LITTLE trucks (u know which ones im talking about?) you see on the road and it was just a yr before they made the tacomas, and yes he had an exhaust on there when I was dating him, it was a flowmaster...he must have cut it off after we broke up.......but who cares

did i ever meet you at a bike race?

Toadz400
09-20-2004, 01:17 PM
btw... why do you still have a pic of you and him on your webpage? Just a question...

Maybe some people don't like to completely let go:o ...or maybe she just forgot.

I WAS thinking about getting a flowmaster for my Sonoma...but it has a rice-burner engine in it.

Next year sometime I'm dropping a 350 in it. Then I'm ordering some headers and I'll have a dual exhaust on it, and this 350 is going to be carburated so I'm planning on having an Eldebrock 4-barrel carb on it.

FourFiftyFour
09-20-2004, 05:54 PM
I never actually met you, but I did see you sometimes out there with him... btw... why do you still have a pic of you and him on your webpage? Just a question...

oh i really havent done much with my website in forever, especially the "pics of me and other junk" section.... and now that im looking at it i really like that pic of me in my senior prom dress and with my hair and makeup done.......since i didnt get any pics of just me or any of my real prom pics i just left that one on there since thats one of the very few, maybe when I get some time or I get on high speed internet I can mess with my website more, but changing stuff takes too long with dial up.....

I think it is pretty strange, tho, that you just show up out of nowhere to just post that....and I think it is pretty strange that u joined just to say that.... ESPECIALLY since him and his fat *** girlfriend STILL try to mess with me........ I am pretty suspicious of who you really are..................

Toadz400
09-20-2004, 07:27 PM
I think it is pretty strange, tho, that you just show up out of nowhere to just post that....and I think it is pretty strange that u joined just to say that.... ESPECIALLY since him and his fat *** girlfriend STILL try to mess with me........ I am pretty suspicious of who you really are..................

I think you have a stalker on your hands...

I've been having a lot of troubles with my ex-gf and her bf's dad giving me sh*t, some pretty crazy stuff happened Saturday night that makes me regret getting up.

FourFiftyFour
09-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I think you have a stalker on your hands...

I've been having a lot of troubles with my ex-gf and her bf's dad giving me sh*t, some pretty crazy stuff happened Saturday night that makes me regret getting up.

they have joined several of the forums im a part of.... (including making several user names on the forum I moderate on...TexasATVs) and I have gotten phone calls and everything....I am VERY sick and tired of it.........the moment he and his fat *** nasty hoe leaves me alone won't happen a moment too soon, I have gone on with my life, gotten a great guy, going to college, and they have nothing better to do but try to mess with me when I dont try to start anything with them at all........its just annoying, enough is enough........they need to grow up and quit acting like white trash

Toadz400
09-20-2004, 07:50 PM
they have joined several of the forums im a part of.... (including making several user names on the forum I moderate on...TexasATVs) and I have gotten phone calls and everything....I am VERY sick and tired of it.........the moment he and his fat *** nasty hoe leaves me alone won't happen a moment too soon, I have gone on with my life, gotten a great guy, going to college, and they have nothing better to do but try to mess with me when I dont try to start anything with them at all........its just annoying, enough is enough........they need to grow up and quit acting like white trash

I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. Except I haven't found a great guy...well, that's because I'm straight, haha, but I haven't found a great girl either:( .

I would get a restraining order for your ex and his gf if I were you, I'm seriously thinking about one for my ex-gf.

440exnacsracer
09-20-2004, 07:59 PM
but I haven't found a great girl either

im glad im not the only one....was talking to one, she was in nashville for a week about a month ago, but she lived in el paso texas, so it didnt work out to great.... cdalechick, i could try to work something out with another texas chick:D ;) ,...na but seriously, what college you lookin at? o and get your new bf to open a can o'whoop *** on your ex...best solution i could think of:macho

allmixedup047
09-20-2004, 11:56 PM
i had a single flowmaster on my 98gmc with the 4.3. it was cut off right after the muffler and sounded pretty good. i now have the best sounding motor ever made IMO, the 5.0l 302 in an f-150 extended cab 4x4. im putting flowmaster on it in a week or so, it should sound kickass. nothing sounds better than small-block fords IMO. i love the 5.0 with h-pipe and turned down 40s on them.:macho

but it sounds like you two have some bad ex relationships, im from missouri and im moving to arizona for school, from what i hear there is nothing like them southern girl.:D

MOFO
09-21-2004, 04:35 AM
My honest opinion, leave it stock. I've heard all kinds of 4.3's with exhaust systems... for the people who say they sound like a V8, your wrong. I also dont like the sound of a V10 with an exhaust too... to each their own though...

yfz04
09-21-2004, 05:42 AM
I dont talk to your ex anymore... like i said before, i used to ride until i got my yfz... i live in Austin for now... and am 23 yrs old. i dont have time for others business...

hoser 400ex
09-21-2004, 08:39 AM
strait pipe true dual from the cats back!!! the only way to go. quiet when u want it to be and loudv as hell wen u want it to be!!!

http://seopro.allbrand.nu/pictures/hoser400ex/dsc00051.jpg

my truck

UglyMotha™
09-21-2004, 08:44 AM
how's the view out your rear window :o

Taco
09-21-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
how's the view out your rear window :o You don't even run an exhaust so you need to just butt out pal:macho :macho

UglyMotha™
09-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Taco
You don't even run an exhaust so you need to just butt out pal:macho :macho

sure i do, i got two exhaust PIPES :o :p

FourFiftyFour
09-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. Except I haven't found a great guy...well, that's because I'm straight, haha, but I haven't found a great girl either:( .

I would get a restraining order for your ex and his gf if I were you, I'm seriously thinking about one for my ex-gf.

ive been on the verge of getting one for a while..... im just really tired of the hassle and its been a year now, why cant they just leave me alone

FourFiftyFour
09-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
im glad im not the only one....was talking to one, she was in nashville for a week about a month ago, but she lived in el paso texas, so it didnt work out to great.... cdalechick, i could try to work something out with another texas chick:D ;) ,...na but seriously, what college you lookin at? o and get your new bf to open a can o'whoop *** on your ex...best solution i could think of:macho

ive been going to the art institute of houston for a year now to get my graphics design major, then after that ive been looking into going to A&M to get a second degree

09-21-2004, 09:27 AM
I was going to get me one of them pipes for my truck but I don't know. i will get something soon just don't know what i want. I think I want to leave a single mufler and single pipe from the muffler back 3" pipe with maybe a 4" tip! I want it to sound powerfull not loud!!!! If you understand the difference?

Taco
09-21-2004, 11:40 AM
I'd say with 8.1 liters of motor just about any exhaust is gonna sound powerful. I'd just go with one of the quieter Flowmasters. Hell you might get a lil more power too.

hoser 400ex
09-21-2004, 12:02 PM
how's the view out your rear window

its just fine..... the sticker in the middle is a transparent one.:macho

and im sorry for posting under this topic just because apparently i dont run an exhaust... woopty fricken doo:( :grr:

UglyMotha™
09-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by hoser 400ex

and im sorry for posting under this topic just because apparently i dont run an exhaust... woopty fricken doo:( :grr:

Taco was talking bout me, not you, cause i'm running straight pipes :o

09-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
Taco was talking bout me, not you, cause i'm running straight pipes :o

Why would you do some thing like that for. I am going to tell on you!!! Do you hate me now because I didn't agree with one of your post???LOL:devil:

UglyMotha™
09-21-2004, 12:59 PM
I hate you don't talk to me :o http://ohiomafiariders.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/images/smiles/icon_question.gif :blah:

Honda4trax250x
09-21-2004, 07:16 PM
BUMP

doing this in a few days

just want to know what others think

400exrules
09-21-2004, 07:50 PM
strait pipe true dual from the cats back!!! the only way to go. quiet when u want it to be and loudv as hell wen u want it to be!!!

http://seopro.allbrand.nu/pictures/hoser400ex/dsc00051.jpg

my truck

omg i love your truck!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2:

and i dont wanna sound stupid but i know i do, so wut is straight pipes? you buy pipes and just run from header to cat conv. out to duals? ...like, no muffler...?

Honda4trax250x
09-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
omg i love your truck!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2:

and i dont wanna sound stupid but i know i do, so wut is straight pipes? you buy pipes and just run from header to cat conv. out to duals? ...like, no muffler...?

yup

400exrules
09-22-2004, 02:34 PM
wut do u get from straight pipes besides sound? does havin no muffler hurt performance? and is it legal?

hoser 400ex
09-22-2004, 04:29 PM
not too legal, gotta be careful where you step on it noise tickets are spendy:mad:

400exrules
09-22-2004, 06:53 PM
not too legal, gotta be careful where you step on it noise tickets are spendy:mad:

muhahhaha but how can u resist that pleasing sound :devil:

Honda4trax250x
09-22-2004, 08:28 PM
well i put the flowmaster on today, didnt do duals yet. but im pretty impressed. its just as loud as my friends mustang GT and it is also deeper than his car.....

ALL FROM A V6

MOFO
09-23-2004, 04:49 AM
well i put the flowmaster on today, didnt do duals yet. but im pretty impressed. its just as loud as my friends mustang GT and it is also deeper than his car.....

ALL FROM A V6

and I've got $50 that I can tell the difference between that V6 and the Mustang.

Its one thing to say it sounds good....fine, to each their own, but please dont tell us it sounds the same or better than a V8 (speaking about flowmaster exhausts).

allmixedup047
09-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Its one thing to say it sounds good....fine, to each their own, but please dont tell us it sounds the same or better than a V8 (speaking about flowmaster exhausts).

well the mustang probably has the stock full exhaust on it, therefor the truck would by louder and more deep. put dual 40 series turned down after the muffler and you will be saying my truck sounds like shat.

Honda4trax250x
09-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
and I've got $50 that I can tell the difference between that V6 and the Mustang.

wanna bet?:macho

UglyMotha™
09-23-2004, 01:01 PM
i'll lay down 500 that i can tell the difference anyone that can't doesn't have a very advert car knowledge, motor in ranger is bout as deep and throaty as a v6 gets and if you can't tell its a 6 you got issues :o

Honda4trax250x
09-23-2004, 01:05 PM
likeallmixedup said, a flowmaster on a 6 is gunna sound deeper than a stock exhaust on a GT

UglyMotha™
09-23-2004, 01:06 PM
i never said it wouldn't sound deeper, it's still goin to sound like a 6

Honda4trax250x
09-23-2004, 01:07 PM
show me where i told you it sounds like a v8

allmixedup047
09-23-2004, 01:40 PM
it's still goin to sound like a 6

no body said its going to sound like a v8, it doesnt have the charactoristics f a v8 like the lope of the cam when idling.
it's still goin to sound like a 6

4TraxRider
09-23-2004, 06:47 PM
A cherrybomb glasspack really sounds sick on th 4.3's too. I had open pipes or the cherrybomb on since I got it till i sold and people were aways telling me how it sounded sick for a 6.

MOFO
09-23-2004, 07:11 PM
wanna bet?:macho

actually yes I would. Just make sure you bring money you can loose. :rolleyes:

Mustang GT (V8) vs a 6 cylinder 4.3 with an exhaust???...YES I can and will tell you the difference any day of the week!

Honda4trax250x
09-23-2004, 07:23 PM
i never said that you cant tell the difference, all i said is it sounds deeper:confused: