PDA

View Full Version : Got a new job!

JUSTINcredible
09-19-2004, 07:15 PM
I had an interview today and i got a job at UPS. for right now i am a preloader, I load the trucks in the morning. The packages have to be put in the order as the drivers route (packages that are at the end of.) it pays $9.00 per hour starting and the hours are from 3:30am till 9am, so im gonna have to change my sleep patterns a little. He said there are many oppertunities for advancement. I hope this job works out good for me.:)

AtvMxRider
09-19-2004, 07:21 PM
I hope your ready to work :D .

Quad18star
09-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Congrats man .... hopefully everything works out well and it's great that there is room to advance .

When I started with the company I work for 2 years ago , I was hired on as a student for part time work .... as time progressed I was bumped up to a full time postion and now I'm in management and look over about 11 people and daily operations . I never had any management skills but I always put in 110% and it's paid off now .

AtvMxRider
09-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

When I started with the company I work for 2 years ago , I was hired on as a student for part time work .... as time progressed I was bumped up to a full time postion and now I'm in management and look over about 11 people and daily operations . I never had any management skills but I always put in 110% and it's paid off now .

This just means you kissed alot of ***....................:devil:

wyndzer
09-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I hope your ready to work :D .

He got that right. You are gonna be a sore mofo for a couple weeks, but after that you'll be alright.

JUSTINcredible
09-19-2004, 07:27 PM
yup. basicly for 4 1/2 hours im just lifting boxes. bet it will keep me in shape tho.

Quad18star
09-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
This just means you kissed alot of ***....................:devil: LOL ..... but it got me the job didn't it ???? :blah:

::: for the record .... I kiss no ones *** ... unless she's blonde , blue eyes , large breasted and well .... give's me a lil something :devil: ::::

remlapr
09-19-2004, 08:21 PM
The main hub is here in Louisville, something like 9,000 people work there. When I was in College, half the people I knew worked at UPS. They thought is was a good company to work for with the health insurance and set schedule with no weekends, but I know one dude that's still there chuckin boxes 10 years later - just make sure you don't end up like that guy lol....

JUSTINcredible
09-20-2004, 07:50 AM
well i just got home from my first day... it wasnt to easy job, for this week im helping unload the trucks because the other guy that does that is on vacation. my back is sore as he!!. Im working with some nice ppl so once my body gets used to it i think it will be much easier.

Bush0102
09-20-2004, 07:55 AM
my family has a friend who worked for UPS for like 15 years...he started off loading trucks, moved to a driver, then moved into management, and he was even taking flight lessons for like 5 years so he could eventually become a pilot for UPS...but anyway instead of the raises they often offered him he took stock options most of the time, and a couple years ago UPS stock skyrocketed and he actually wound up making millions of dollars when he sold his stock and retired.....

now he lives on the beach in the florida panhandle...

hes obviously an exception but that company has so many benefits i dont think you can go wrong...

good luck