PDA

View Full Version : Close Call Today

JRDrider22
09-19-2004, 07:06 PM
after i hit the two table tops at atco today my master link popped off sending half my chain right into my case saver. after being towwed in to the pits, me and pops took a look. my chain was behind my front sprocket. wow we knew it wasnt good. so we popped it off and check the casing. i have a little scaring on my motor but it didnt go through my case. my case saver is shot. we had a nother chain and it worked perfect. that case saver is the best 30 bucks i ever spent on something. i just couldnt amagine what would have happened if it went through my caseing

SRH
09-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
after i hit the two table tops at atco today my master link popped off sending half my chain right into my case saver. after being towwed in to the pits, me and pops took a look. my chain was behind my front sprocket. wow we knew it wasnt good. so we popped it off and check the casing. i have a little scaring on my motor but it didnt go through my case. my case saver is shot. we had a nother chain and it worked perfect. that case saver is the best 30 bucks i ever spent on something. i just couldnt amagine what would have happened if it went through my caseing

hell with the case what if it came off on the face of a jump

JRDrider22
09-20-2004, 02:52 PM
yeah i would have been done then

I-7
09-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22

Wow! That 30 bucks for a case saver saved you hundreds and hundreds of dollars of repairs :eek: . Good to hear though

JRDrider22
09-20-2004, 03:03 PM
yea the case saver went from like maybe 1/2 and inch to around 3 mm. it was scary..all i heard was a pop and my bike shut off.

FreekShow
09-20-2004, 03:18 PM
Ha, I was riding a 1996 Artic Cat Zr700 this past winter flying down the field doing about 90 when all of the sudden I hear this loud POP and the whole sled just shook like crazy. So I slammed the brake to stop the sled so I wouldn't hurt anything. I figured it was the chain and sure enough when we got the damn thing home, the chain had broke and amazingly landed on the bottom of the chain case and didn't hurt a thing! I was one happy mofo!

JRDrider22
09-20-2004, 04:05 PM
lucky duck