PDA

View Full Version : Replica Military Medals

JLanphear
09-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I know this is kind of a strange question, but there are so many people on this site that know so much about different things, I figured I'd ask.

My Fiance's Grandfather passed away this morning. For his memorial, they are going to have a flag case which also holds his medals that he earned in the military (he was actually at Pearl Harbor during the bombing). Anyway, their house got broken into a while back, and his Purple Heart was stolen....I can't believe someone would be so low. I'm trying to find a place online where I can order a replica to be placed with his other medals.

I'm not sure, maybe since it won't be the real thing, it will mean nothing, but I would really like to find something.

Any help where I can locate one is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

-Josh

Woodsrider
09-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Im sure someone on here has access to a base exchange. They should be able to get one for you. AAFES stocks that stuff at all miltary bases. Good luck, is that the only one you need?

JLanphear
09-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Im sure someone on here has access to a base exchange. They should be able to get one for you. AAFES stocks that stuff at all miltary bases. Good luck, is that the only one you need?

Wow....thanks for the info....you sound like you know what your talking about. Yes, I believe that is the only one he was missing.

Thank you.

-Josh

Woodsrider
09-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Glad to help, let me know if you need any others, I have duplicates of all my medals and awards from the army. One set for display and a set from my dress greens. All they're doing is taking up space.

JLanphear
09-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Glad to help, let me know if you need any others, I have duplicates of all my medals and awards from the army. One set for display and a set from my dress greens. All they're doing is taking up space.

Man, thanks a ton.

What do you think about something like this.....

http://www.usmedals.com/singleProduct.html?pn=F029

Thanks again, and thank you for serving our country as well.

-Josh

Woodsrider
09-19-2004, 06:10 PM
That should work, it looks like for the price you get the medal and the ribbon both.

honda350r
09-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Ebay !!

diesel-mech
09-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Not to intrude but I'm not sure you can buy a purple heart, or any other "High commindation medals" without the award papers. I know on most military bases its that way. You have to have writin proof that you rate the medal to buy it. I'm sure you could get one through an outside source although I don't know any off hand. I hope you find one! good luck

... Hey Kerry could tell you where to find some:blah:

honda350r
09-22-2004, 08:11 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=135&item=2270455079&rd=1

There you go !!

Woodsrider
09-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by diesel-mech
Not to intrude but I'm not sure you can buy a purple heart, or any other "High commindation medals" without the award papers. I know on most military bases its that way. You have to have writin proof that you rate the medal to buy it. I'm sure you could get one through an outside source although I don't know any off hand. I hope you find one! good luck

... Hey Kerry could tell you where to find some:blah:

All it takes is a copy of the deceased service members DD-214. That will also be the same form needed to prove they rate a benefit of a military burial.