PDA

View Full Version : Motor.......

PiratesPitcher1
09-19-2004, 01:03 PM
I am very undecided on what to do motor wise. I have the 450s suspension the way I need it to race MX but don't kno what to do in the power category. Reliability is my main concern due to my previous race bike, 440ex being very very unreliable. I am supposed to take my 450r to the dealer monday for the installation of the HRC kit but the only think I would be using out of that is the cam and snorkel because I already have exhaust and will run no lid. Would it be a better investment to get another cam with more grind such as a sparks? Will my reliability go to the floor with the 13.8:1 compression piston? Also if i went with that high of a compression would i need to replace the rod or not? And the final question whats the deal with this wiring system that everyone is raving about.... thanks!

Chef
09-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Get the CRF crank rod and flywheel, throw the 13.8:1 piston in it, port it, get a cam and a carb and you'll be set.

remlapr
09-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Haven't tested it myself, but others have said your better off runing the HRC lid then no lid at all...

RedRacer44
09-19-2004, 10:46 PM
I race MX fully and depending on how far ya wanna go with motor mods.....the motor takes very little mods to wake up and really haul ***. I've just got a piston/cam and it woke the motor up very nicely. As far as the hi-comp piston, I just went with a 11.5:1 JE piston.....for reliability issues but all my buddies that have have the 13:1s or 13.8:1s, man they are soo fast. My quad runs well and I'm still not done with it. Planning on FCR carb and port work this winter. Depending on how competitive you really get in MX racing, you could throw the HRC kit in and with your exhaust.....it might be fast enough as is.

dn1911
09-20-2004, 07:09 PM
i don't believe that the TRX will accept the CRF parts

RedRacer44
09-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I think it is possible. A friend of mine who runs Pro-Am Production at nationals has used the CRF flywheel and electronics on his. He was also discussing trying to use the CRF crank/rod too but I'm not that sure if it actually worked.

Stealth450r
09-20-2004, 07:24 PM
this is what im going with
hotcam II
13.8to1 piston
tc pipe
vortex ignition
fcr carb

i no it mostly depends on rider but motor wise will i be competative in A class at the nations

macsolocam
09-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
I think it is possible. A friend of mine who runs Pro-Am Production at nationals has used the CRF flywheel and electronics on his. He was also discussing trying to use the CRF crank/rod too but I'm not that sure if it actually worked.

I agree with RedRacer44.....You can use the crf flywhel and electronics. I have the fcr carb spacer kit, JE 13:8:1 piston and the crf cam in my R and it runs really good. I have ridden our friends bike with the crf electronics, titanium valves, and port and polish job.....it is like night and day between my bike and his bike, and my bike is none short of good power. I plan to do the mods this winter.

RedRacer44
09-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Stealth450R...
Yes, your motor will be competitive at nationals, heh it will be very fast. Why the TC Pipe? They're soooo loud and annoying! They look sick as hell though! I guess its 'cause I'm a Sparks guy myself....cant get enough of that sound! Heh, but lots of people run the TC pipe so it must make good power!

Hey Aaron...
Sup? This is Chance. Ya lucky *******! You got to ride JH's Sparks motor??? Thats ****....heh. I got to ride Dan's TRX with the similiar motor mods as yours, and man those 13.5:1 and 13.8:1 pistons are ridiculous! I'm going to bump up to the bigger piston probably this winter, this 11.5:1 JE just isnt doing it for me. Why didnt ya come out to the Stillwater TQRA race? It was an awesome race!! Track was sweet as hell....