View Full Version : front shocks and parking brake

proffesor x
09-19-2004, 11:50 AM
how do i get my parking break to work on my 400ex ? and a what is the best adjustment for the stock front suspension for a 400 ex i weigh 170?

09-19-2004, 12:51 PM
stock suspension on the 400ex adjusts but it might as well not because its useless...the parking break is useless to...put it in 1st gear if you want to park it & not move. also, the parking break wears your break pads down while your riding if adjusted properly...sorry for the bad news

400ex28
09-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah as far as the parking brake goes dont use it or get a block off thats what i did once i noticed i was going though the pads like no other.... and the stock shocks you cant do much about them :o

FSTwraith330
09-19-2004, 02:38 PM
howdy.....i purchased a set of '300ex' a arms off of ebay, got them mounted up on the wheeler and noticed that they are a bit longer than the stock a arms and the tie rods won't fit along with the stock shocks.......i come here seeking guidance......will 400ex tie rods and front shocks fit the front end....the bottom of the shock is maybe 2-3mm to wide to fit in the mounting bracket of the a arms which me and my friend have determined were 400ex a arms. And if this does work does anyone wanna strike out a deal with me with some tie rods and shocks?:)

anyone have instant messenger my sn is soadseedeater.....fast reply would be grrrreat.