PDA

View Full Version : Bad @$$ 250X

TRX300X
09-18-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm selling my '87 250X. It has Powroll 288 big bore kit 10.5:1 compression, UNI Air Filter, head is milled .006, 1mm oversize valves, Powroll cam .336 lift and durration, new rockers, Powroll Supertrapp 3" exhaust with header, Rebuilt Tranny with the new 300EX gears so you won't grenade gears with the added horsepower, new clutch plates, new clutch pressure plate, new clutch springs, new oil pump, New black maier plastic with N-Style graphics kit, Plastic is in excelent condition, AC front bumper w/ Mudscreen, Motion Pro Twist throtle (I still have the old thumb throtle if you want it? Durablue Eliminator 2+2 rear axle. 400EX tires with 80% tred left, new brake pads front and rear, RAD Dual row bearing carrier with grease zerk, new chain and sprocket, new grips and handlebars, frame A-Arms and swingarm have been repainted. Works Shocks all the way around Set up for 180 lbs rider Dual rates with rezzies on the front and a single rate with a rezzie on the back, 250R Arms up front for a +2" front end.

I also have a bunch of the old stock parts and they go with it too, they include the stock A-Arns, Front Bumper, Front plastic, skid plates, spare clutch, and a spart top end (resleved cylinder with another 80mm piston to go with it)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but I know I'm forgetting some other stuff that I did to it. I bought the bike 2 years ago and it was completely stock and mint. I've done all this to it. I'm selling it because I want a 450R. I'm a licenced mechanic and I work at a dealership so you know this thing has been well taken care of. It's my baby.

I'm asking $3,500 but I'm negotiable. If you want pictures e-mail me stoaste@yahoo.com and I'll be more then happy to give you some. Or call my cell phone 989-640-3636 I'm located near Lansing Michigan.

Pvt. Maggot
09-18-2004, 10:15 PM
nice quad man..what kinda graphics kit is that?...and how much was it and where can i find one if you don't mind me asking...heres the pics btw. :)

http://www.geocities.com/stoaste/front2300x.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/stoaste/right300x.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/stoaste/back300x.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/stoaste/left300x.jpg

Snow
09-19-2004, 07:45 AM
You would make alot of money parting that out. If you do im interested in the rear shock and axle. I can also give you my stock rear shock and axle and money so your quad is still complete and you will make money out if it. Thanks

mersingt
09-19-2004, 07:58 AM
ive seen a couple of these being sold around me one had a 403 bb kit....awsome quads and hold up real nice!

TRX300X
09-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks for putting the pic's up! I couldn't figure out how to do it. There's been some changes since those pics obviously like the rezzies and new springs up front as well as the new front bumper and a couple little do dad's here and there. Oh yeah I also forgot I had an oil cooler for the thing. I've got so much stuff sitting around here for it that it's nuts. Currently the oil cooler isn't on it but whoever buys the quad gets the oil cooler as well.

Sorry but I'm not really into parting the quad out or swaping parts. Reason being I want to sell it as a unit that need nothing but a rider. If I did put a stock rear shock on it and a stock axle that part of the quad wouldn't be up to par as the rest of the quad. I'd like to sell it as a race ready needs nothing quad.

Oh yeah it's a N-Style graphics kit. I bought it a couple years ago. As far as I know they aren't available anymore. In my opinion it's one of the best looking graphics kit for the EX & X plastic out there.

Snow
09-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by TRX300X

Sorry but I'm not really into parting the quad out or swaping parts. Reason being I want to sell it as a unit that need nothing but a rider. If I did put a stock rear shock on it and a stock axle that part of the quad wouldn't be up to par as the rest of the quad. I'd like to sell it as a race ready needs nothing quad.

ok thats cool. free bump for a sick 250