PDA

View Full Version : how much did i break?

dustin_j
09-18-2004, 07:58 AM
I recently purchased a used '02 raptor that's pretty much stock except for a K&N and skid plates. I had it a week and had jumped some smaller table tops and it handled fine. then i went to a friend's house and tried his 5 foot high jump with the landing spot for the double about 8 foot away (which it is a really small landing spot). anyways, i got about 8 foot of air off it and way overshot the landing spot, which woulda been ok, but the jump was for his dirt bike so when i jumped it it cocked me to the left and i got the front end too high so that i came down on my back right tire. I broke the plate on the left side that is connected to the axle carrier and bent the axle for sure. i had a welder weld the axle carrier and my dad used a press to straighten the axle, but when i put it all together the quad leans to the right real bad. I was just wondering if anybody else has done something like this and might know what else is broken or bent. everything looks fine, but it's hard to see bends in that kind of stuff. thanks a lot.

09-18-2004, 08:16 AM
could be the frame...I would have to see the quad to really see whats wrong.

TheFontMaster
09-18-2004, 09:36 AM
I'd say it would be the frame too, or mabey the swing arm.