PDA

View Full Version : Man Presumed Dead Calls Daughter at Wake

Mxjunkie
09-18-2004, 07:26 AM
Man Presumed Dead Calls Daughter at Wake

TORONTO (AP) - Dane Squires was late for his own funeral. At least it seemed that way after people gathered Thursday at a Toronto funeral home to mourn the retired welder from Newfoundland whom they believed had been hit by a train.

Relatives of Squires were watching the casket being loaded into a hearse when his daughter Trina was told she had an important phone call.

Her father was on the other end.

``She totally, totally lost it,'' Squires' brother Gilbert said.

``She said, `There's a ghost talking to me on the phone. Please somebody try to make sense out of this because I'm losing my mind.'''

Squires was initially identified as the man who was hit by a commuter train last Friday night. The body was badly mutilated in the accident but still fit Squires' description, police said. Authorities haven't yet identified the victim.

``He went to my sister's house and whoever answered the door fainted,'' said Gilbert Squires, noting his brother didn't become aware of the confusion until he read his own obituary in the newspaper.

Squire's sister identified the dead man as her brother after viewing the body at the coroner's office this week, police said.

:eek2:

theTman
09-18-2004, 08:53 AM
:huh that is freaky

400exrules
09-18-2004, 09:23 AM
YOUR ON CANDID CAMERA!! :macho

Mxjunkie
09-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules

lmao

Juggalo
09-18-2004, 11:10 AM
lmao cody

man that would be so freaky if that happened to you but just think how much releif youd feel after you got over the fact of it all. i mean what are the odds of that.

310Rduner
09-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules

LOL:eek2:

That's weird as hell, luckily for the family.

I-7
09-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Man Presumed Dead Calls Daughter at Wake

TORONTO (AP) - Dane Squires was late for his own funeral. At least it seemed that way after people gathered Thursday at a Toronto funeral home to mourn the retired welder from Newfoundland whom they believed had been hit by a train.

Relatives of Squires were watching the casket being loaded into a hearse when his daughter Trina was told she had an important phone call.

Her father was on the other end.

``She totally, totally lost it,'' Squires' brother Gilbert said.

``She said, `There's a ghost talking to me on the phone. Please somebody try to make sense out of this because I'm losing my mind.'''

Squires was initially identified as the man who was hit by a commuter train last Friday night. The body was badly mutilated in the accident but still fit Squires' description, police said. Authorities haven't yet identified the victim.

``He went to my sister's house and whoever answered the door fainted,'' said Gilbert Squires, noting his brother didn't become aware of the confusion until he read his own obituary in the newspaper.

Squire's sister identified the dead man as her brother after viewing the body at the coroner's office this week, police said.

:eek2:

HAHA thats pretty crazy :eek:

Quad18star
09-18-2004, 03:41 PM
I seen that on the news lastnight .... some pretty crazy stuff . Now the cops need to find out who the other guy ( dead dude) really is .

K_Fulk
09-18-2004, 03:45 PM
I wonder if they got ther money back for the casket and stuff, :confused: That is weird.

ZQ8Dude
09-18-2004, 11:29 PM
i dont think so, their isnt a huge market for used caskets

"hey sir check this out! we knocked off 300 bucks off the KBB because its slightly used, only has 4 hours on it!"

yeah....im going to hell

Chef
09-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Lmfao...wonder if he was happy with the turnout at his funeral?

derekhonda
09-19-2004, 12:04 AM
haha, that would be the true friend test. Fake your death, hide behind some bushes at the wake and take note to who all attends. haha

fastkid400
09-19-2004, 12:32 AM
hey that guy looks like me, ooo cookies

MichaelS693
09-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Fake your death,

yeah but then when the authorities find out you would be arrested for faking your death:D and that would suck haha

Chef
09-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by MichaelS693
yeah but then when the authorities find out you would be arrested for faking your death:D and that would suck haha

Really? That sucks...you cant even "act" like you died anymore...:p

WOracing
09-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Really? That sucks...you cant even "act" like you died anymore...:p

lol that reminds me of that mtv commercial where the old guy fakes a heart attack and everyone gets pissed at him