PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Picking LT Front end....Gibson/Walsh

vasura450
09-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey Guys I'm going to be getting an LT front end soon. I'm looking on making my YFZ very good so I'm not really worried about the prices, but I'm not gonna go over $2500 for a front end. So I think Ive brought it down to 2 front ends. Walsh LT a-arms with PEP ZPS shocks, stainless steel brakelines, and a sterring stem end. Or Gibson a-arms with Custom Axis shocks, stainless steel brakelines, and a sterring stem end. Both of these front ends cost $2500 so money doesnt matter between them. Let me know what you would do, and if you have ridden either of these frotn ends.

Tony

Pappy
09-17-2004, 08:25 PM
you could almost flip a coin and win with these choices. walsh is top of the line, and ive heard alot of good things about the gibson arms. jhughes has been running that set up on his XC yfz and speaks highly of it.

4TraxRider
09-17-2004, 08:42 PM
3 of my friends have Walsh front ends. Theyre on a Z, YFZ and a 450R. They YFZ has PEP ZPS and he's still having trouble dialing the sag and spring rates in for him. The 450R has axis and he loves it. And the Z has Elkas and loves them. I've rode all of them and would take any setup in a heartbeat though I prefer Elka or Axis.

EX 80
09-17-2004, 09:07 PM
I have Gibcon/Axis for a front end on my yfz. I have not had any problems with it. Flawless set up. I wish i could say the same for my rear end. Still trying to dial it in perfect.

TT 400ex
09-18-2004, 01:40 PM
look into teixeira tech i have them and love them they are designed very good. i have pics if interested look at my posts

YamaWarr0121
09-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Alright well if you want an awesome front end you picked two great choices. i have ridden both extensively and have this to say:

Walsh sits a little lower, gibson has a little more ride height. Walsh is a ***** to tune and dial in, with all of the heim joints at the frame mounts it is a disaster waiting to happen ( looks that way) but they have lasted mike and nate both a season on them. which is crazy impressive. :eek:

That is the reason i went with Walsh.

Gibson's are very very very nice arms, i think they might have a few little design flaws, but thats just IMO they look great.

I'd go Axis over PEP just bc of the wait time.. nothing wrong with a Axis/Walsh front end! OR a PEP/Gibson..

HEy, have you looked at JRD?

they are very very similar to Roll design, and the walsh brothers have actually taken note to some design que's that JRD utilizes. i Run these on the yfz and they were super easy to dial in and get right, have been very strong, and handle just as well as my walsh's do. I beg you to take a look at a JRD/AXIS front end you will love it to death, promised. Plus, if you need a part, they are there all the time 12-8 everyday to answer phones and get your parts right out to you, costumer service A+ product is also A+

go to www.jrdmech.com n check em out... Tell em Leric Lemons sent ya if you call

vasura450
09-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks Leric...That info helped me alot. I was also considering JRD too. I'm gona have to give them a call to see there prices. I raced you up at Southwick in the 265C class. I also raced d6, and I live right by Rausch Creek. Next time you go up there send me a PM and let me know, or you could hit me up on AIM @ vasura450 . Out of the 2 I have listed I'm kind of leaning on teh Walsh one also.

Thanks
Tony 114

yfzracer220
09-18-2004, 06:32 PM
I have the walsh f.e. on my yfz and I absolutely love it. I t does take some time to set up but you only have to do it once unless you crash hard. Also with the heim joints on the lower and upper arms, You can make up for a tweaked frame, as long as its not to bent. As for shocks cant go wrong with any of them pep, axis or elka. I personally would wait for peps considering the season is about over.

CTmxyfz
09-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Walsh and elka. I love it

jlhughes750
09-20-2004, 11:59 AM
I run the Gibson/Axis XC frt. end. I love it. great clearance for rocks and stumps, yet still has low ride height for great cornering.

I'm sure your lookin for MX width though. Just check out GNC #2's Gibson/ECATV YFZ 450. (John Natalie) www.eastcoastatv.com