PDA

View Full Version : Lets Line em All up.

doctor_915
04-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Well guys sorry for this immature post but I just have to put this on here. Me and a friend who will remain nameless **cough cough ** always have conversation about quads faster than my piped 400. So far the best candidates are- DS 650 with a hi comp piston, a 365 stroker(250x engine) and a 330(300ex) now in your own opinoins how do you think all of these will do against each other and tight trails and a track? I know I know the Ds will completely smoke a 400 but this guy says after riding his DS a 440 EX feels like puttin around on a TRX90, is the power difference really all that great?

Sorry I know there are a million post about this, but I just wanted to see what you uns thought about it.

MadcapEX
04-09-2002, 06:55 PM
Well you can bet 440 will have a comment on this...;)

Chef
04-09-2002, 06:58 PM
the DS650 wont need a high comp piston to smoke your piped 400...thats all I see wrong with your list..

Not to be full of myself like someone on this board named Chad, but I personally think I could take a high compression DS..what do you think?

04-09-2002, 08:49 PM
personally, i never rode a ds, but they jus might make ur 440 seem like a 90, but i could be wrong, any way, those 330, 365 things, the 440 would poop on em, but the ds could pose a prob for the 440

ChadEXer
04-10-2002, 08:38 AM
First of all Alky that comment was uncalled for:grr
Second of all I am a drag racer. With my 416 i used to have I spanked a DS over and over. it was stock,,but it wasnt even a close race!!
Alky if you want to be an ***** then go right ahead because you are full of it too!
if it makes you mad that i post the quads I have beaten or you dont believe it,,,get over it,,,,dont b!tch about it

doctor_915
04-10-2002, 11:11 AM
Oh sorry alky I wrote that wrong..I know a stock DS will kill an EX, you would need some internal motor work to keep up with em.

Chef
04-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Yea, those DS's are definitely fast. Have you ever been around one with that full Rotax exhaust system? Where it comes out of the silencer I think its like 2 1/2 or 3 inch! It blows a mist if you on a wet parking lot, and a cloud out in the sand...:eek:

04-10-2002, 03:47 PM
id say it would go, ds, 440, and the other two things behind, it all depends on the traction too

a 416 beat a ds, hard to belive

ChadEXer
04-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Well believe it. ive done it myself and my buddy done it over and over at little sahara this weekend!!! A 416 will kill a DS!

04-11-2002, 03:46 PM
ok, il take ur word for it unless someone else says differnt

WyoDuner
04-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Well, as far as racing in tight trails it hardly matters what you're riding as long as it handles well and the rider is skilled. On the track more power helps but still, it's a rider skill thing and not a power competition.

For example, put me on a 440ex with the best suspension and but a skilled rider on a 250ex and I will get whooped because I am a louse mx rider. Does that mean a 250ex is better? No.

As far as 400/416/440/etc... beating DS's and others... Well that makes interesting reading at least. In reality where I live, there are some fast 440s and such but no ex "smokes" Raptors, Banshees, DS-650s, Cannondales, or any other high performance machine... Sorry. Stick with the "Honda is great in the tight trails and mx track" claim and you guys will be fine. Start with the "my 4??ex blows away/smokes/kills Raptors/Banshees/DS-650s and it starts to get a little deep.

By the way, beating a 400 pound guy on a stock and poorly tuned DS-650 doesn't really count. OK.

Well, there is my $.02 (and a little venting)

DiceMan400
04-12-2002, 05:49 PM
I would not be so quick to say a 440 cant smoke a raptor or a banshee....... I have seen it and done it....... I never went up against a DS nor have I seen a 440 go at it with one so I cant say....... But I do know for a fact that a banshee and a raptor can be smoked by a 440......

PsychoDave
04-14-2002, 05:13 PM
this pic should tell you how fast a DS is...my bud has one and it aint as bad as you might think

Castor-426ex
04-14-2002, 11:56 PM
yeah Ive been through that hype about the ds....Ive dragged against them and motocrossed with them too. They are buzzkills....I would have expected a 650 cc atv to literally blow away my mildly modded 400ex...but They suck ***....and thats giving the ds some credit...too big, too wide...too weak in stock form...

But...then came along the ds 650 baha.....
I love it...I know its the same bike..but woth a little extra added lovin goodness:D Ive seen a few in action....still not as thrilling as I think they should be...

ChadEXer
04-15-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by WyoDuner
Well, as far as racing in tight trails it hardly matters what you're riding as long as it handles well and the rider is skilled. On the track more power helps but still, it's a rider skill thing and not a power competition.

For example, put me on a 440ex with the best suspension and but a skilled rider on a 250ex and I will get whooped because I am a louse mx rider. Does that mean a 250ex is better? No.

As far as 400/416/440/etc... beating DS's and others... Well that makes interesting reading at least. In reality where I live, there are some fast 440s and such but no ex "smokes" Raptors, Banshees, DS-650s, Cannondales, or any other high performance machine... Sorry. Stick with the "Honda is great in the tight trails and mx track" claim and you guys will be fine. Start with the "my 4??ex blows away/smokes/kills Raptors/Banshees/DS-650s and it starts to get a little deep.

By the way, beating a 400 pound guy on a stock and poorly tuned DS-650 doesn't really count. OK.

Well, there is my $.02 (and a little venting)
Where do you live?????????????? Like the other guys said,,DS 650's SUCK. Can you try saying my 416 beat a DS650(with a cam only) by 6 bike lenghts in a 300ft drag. Sorry buddy ALL I do is drag race and not being modest but yes I am damned good at it, but these other guys out here are too! if a 416 beating a DS650 by 6 bikes in a 300ft isnt SMOKED, then could you please explain to me what is??? Damnit I just wish i had my camera at the last race with my 416! i beat the DS over and over along with MOST Raptors too. i have no reason to lie and Im not here to do that. If you dont believe something I say then just ignore it,,we dont always need that extra 1/2 cent!

raptorman01
04-15-2002, 07:34 PM
oh yeah i can tell you that a raptor will eat a ds 650 alive but i never can catch those 416exs in a drag race. those suckers are fast. i drag race also and ive never beat a 416 yet, but i always beat the 650s ill vote for the 440.

quadperson
04-18-2002, 09:14 PM
Well guys, I usually don't get involved in these kinda things...because I think it's kinda silly to get on here and bicker about things like this. I think we should promote sportsmanship for the growth of the sport. We need to look out for each other because nobody else like us. Everyone here knows how hard it is to find a place to ride. AND, alot of it boils down to the rider. A couple of weeks ago I walked all over a guy on a Raptor ( I ride a 300ex!) Is my 300ex faster than a Raptor? LOL, NO. I was just being a little more aggressive than he was.

DiceMan400
04-19-2002, 04:21 PM
Well Quadperson, I could not have said it better myself.......

Sleeping Catfish
04-19-2002, 04:24 PM
a ds650 is a lot faster than a raptor

04-20-2002, 02:50 PM
actually,. not by much

Zero Z400
04-20-2002, 03:13 PM
I belive that a 400ex can beat all those quads in the woods becuase its smaller. 4ooex should be able to beat a DS and others easily on the mx course cuz the things a frikin beast. Bombardier made that thing as well as their other atvs to big and to heavy. I just like to think Raptors suck. But your piped 400 shouldn't be too competive in drag races against the DS or Raptor. a 416 would be a different thing though.
Just my .02

Later

04-22-2002, 05:54 PM
but, even wit all that weight/ 10 less cc's, the ds is a tad faster or a tad slower

rhandw69
04-23-2002, 01:25 PM
WYODUNER!!! Atleast someone on this post talks reality!
"My ex will crush, or smoke or kill ",,,,,,well i think that all fine and dandy that we brag our bikes up so much,,,,,all i know is i have both,,,the 416 and a shee. 300 feet drags are crap. Lets let the shee, the raptor get to its top speed, then lets see if we are crushing or smoking them. Im sure in alot of cases, we may get the the jump on them with our torque, but if that shee, has the chance to grip, and grab gears...............its all over!!
Im thinking that if Boeing came out with a supersonic lightweight titanium quad, that hits 300mph, someone in here would say how they crush it in a 300ft drag. Like WYODUNER said,,,,,,lets all put some paddles on our bikes,,,,hit some dunes,,,and im not talking about flat dunes with moderate bowls and hill climbs,,,im talking the stuff you really need horses to get out of.
Hey,,im just as loyal as the next EX rider,,,but I think ill keep things in reality. Im not saying it cant be done,,,,and like many have said before,,,,,,skill plays a HUGE part in the whole equation, but i will put my piped shee against my 416, and im 100% confident id win. But sometimes the sun shines on a dogs *** every now and then!!

JustRace
04-23-2002, 01:40 PM
I had my friend drag race my ex against his friend on a bone stock banshee.

My ex had a 10.8:1 comp stock bore piston, white brothers track cam, white brothers rev limiter, and big gun exhaust.

Both riders are were about the same weight. On a scale of 1-10 on riding abuility my friend that was riding my ex was probably a 8 and his friend on the she was probably around a 7.

The ex was maybe half a quad length ahead of shee all the way until the ex was in 4th gear and then the banshee realed him in and just flew past him.

This was on a paved road so there was no doubt on having good traction.

Then my friend that just raced my ex hopped back on his 370 shee and raced the stock banshee. Talk about a @ss whooping. The 370 was probably 10 quad lenghts a head of the stock shee by the time they were both in 3rd gear or 4th gear.

04-23-2002, 03:00 PM
think about it, we are talkin about the 2nd greatest drag bike ever built, usin stock cilinders, the zuk 500 being better, all it takes is pipes for those 2, and u got urself a bike that can out run some pros bikes mabe

BADASSBOMB
04-25-2002, 01:29 PM
ok i have a 2000 ds with pipe filter jetted nothing too big and i have to say a raptor will not kill a ds . there so close its not even funny . when you start moding them its all about who,s got the bigger pocket .same goes for the 400ex . iv raced a bunch a stock of slighly moded ex and they will give a danm good race up to 3rd or 4th gear but then the ds / raptor /shee start to pull on it . i have raced 3 440,s and i have beat 2 of thenm. not sure what was in the 440 or if there really where 440 . but i must say one that i raced smoked me 4 diffrent times . and i gave the guy credit he had the fastest 400ex i ever seen . but i ask him how much money he had in the bike . he said atleast 4g,s .. for that kind of money you can moded a ds (703 kit ) raptor (690kit) .to be real fast .
but like the other guys where saying just go out and have fun on what ever bike you buy or mode . there is always going to be some one faster . so just enjoy what you got .

ohh yea heres a link to the 4stroke wars from last year there are 3 really really fast 400,s that where there but the winner was a big bore raptor .

well enjoy the video,s

here (http://www.glamisdunes.net/4_stoke_wars.htm)

Warrioreater400ex
04-25-2002, 10:22 PM
yeah i mean theres ALWAYS a faster quad, i mean think about taht CBR powered 400ex on ebay.... 150 mph..... just go out and have fun, and as GuyLT250r would say, JUST RIDE THE D**N thing!!!!!

05-02-2002, 03:47 PM
A raptor with a turbo could out run a ds no problem:devil :p

ChadEXer
05-02-2002, 04:32 PM
Man,,,you stole my avatar!!!!

MR.EX-TREME
05-02-2002, 05:24 PM
YOU GUYS EVER BEEN BASHED BY A THREE WHEELER ?? THEN LETS GO!! LOL GIVE UP THE BICKERING AND JUST RIDE AND RACE AND DUNE AND HAVE FUN LETS FACE IT WE LIVE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND ODDS ARE WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHOS BLOWING SMOKE AND WE,LL PROBABLY NEVER GET TO RACE EACH OTHER SO LETS JUST HELP EACH OTHER OUT WITH SOME SPEED SECRETS AND GIVE EACH OTHER SOME GOOD IDEAS AND HAVE FUN!!! AND MY THREE WHEELERS FASTER!! LMAO!!:blah :D :devil

dabombdale
05-02-2002, 07:31 PM
like they said on the fast and the furious..........
it's not whether you win bye an inche or a mile, winnings winning

02REDEXRIDER
05-03-2002, 07:18 AM
i have a 400 ex and beat banshees all day long i think the DS650 is just too dam tippy and heavy plus the front fenders are ugly as ****. there's no doubting the power of rotary engines, though. i have a 50 hp rotary engine on a go-kart frame and it is ridiculously fast

JustRace
05-03-2002, 08:45 AM
Have you even road a DS650? They are far from tippy, heck there the widest stock production high performance quad. Also they don't have rotary motors and neither does your go-kart. They have a Rotax motor motor. A rotary motor is the motor that is inside of the RX7.

ChadEXer
05-03-2002, 08:48 AM
The DS 650's are just way to damned heavy!!!

JustRace
05-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Yes they are heavy but you have to admit for a tank its pretty fast.

ChadEXer
05-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Yeah there pretty fast to be how heavy they are,,,think if they lost about 150-200 pounds!!!!

JustRace
05-03-2002, 09:17 AM
In my opinion I think if they lost that much weight it would probably be the best quad out for the open class. With the way aluminum is gaining in use there will probably be some type of aluminum frame somde day (thats what they are saying on atvconnection).

BADASSBOMB
05-03-2002, 11:40 AM
yes the ds is a heavy sun of a b*&^% but once you get about an hour of ride time on it .. youdon,t feel how heavy its is . i here that the 2003 are going to be 80 -100 pounds lighter .. theres also word that there coming out with a ds400 and a 250 2 stroke .. so you never know . i also read a mag that had a team alba ds that they shaved 65 pounds off . if you do that and just add a 703 kit or even a 760 . its going to be crazy fast .

:macho