PDA

View Full Version : popping on deceleration

dodgeram
09-17-2004, 01:37 PM
I just had a full yoshi comp exhaust, and a stage 2 hot cam installed on my bike. I am also running a K&N airfilter with the lid off. Bike runs out great but if I am running full throttle and let off on deceleration it pops some. I currently have a 180 mj. I had a 175 in to begin with snf the popping seems to have decreased some with the switch. Does this mean that the bike is lean. I am also running the stock pilot and needle.

remlapr
09-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Sounds a little lean. From what I've heard you really should be running the HRC needle with any aftermarket cam and exhaust, may need to go higher on the main also...

REDARMYRACER
09-17-2004, 02:24 PM
I would agree, hrc needle, or try move a clip or two richer on the needle you have now.

cam and pipe try 190 main....

the hrc kit comes with a 185 main

your pilot should be ok.

jeepnrocks
09-17-2004, 02:51 PM
not sure but doesnt pilot control off idle fuel delivery, and if its popping its lean so if he goes up a size on the pilot wouldnt that fix it ?

dodgeram
09-17-2004, 02:57 PM
well I think I will just try the main jet at first, because the popping got better when I went from a 175to 180 Running the stock needle won't hurt the bike will it?? Or will I lose just a little performance.

Just switched to a 188 main and the bike doesn't pop anymore. I still would kike to know if the stock needle is going to be detrimental???? to the bikes reliability? Or is the hrc just for performance only.

450r_rider
09-17-2004, 08:48 PM
So if mine pops with the HRC(installed by Honda) and it may be too lean if I add a Yosh or Sparks pipe would I then compensate for the lean condition? It does once in a while but not all the time....

jeepnrocks
09-18-2004, 06:53 AM
if you add a pipe without jetting your going to lean it out more