PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

440ex2001
09-17-2004, 11:10 AM
After 2 months and 21 days my 440 kit was finally installed into my cylinder. The dealerships kept it forever then just sent it to a machine shop becasue I kept chewing them out about how long it was taking. My question is what do I need to have to make this thing reliable as possible. I have read about installing bigger studs but cant find them any where so I can order them.How often do i need to change the oild during break-in? I should have this thing together by the weekend along with the port and polish head ans hotcam I think this thing will be pretty strong!

MY450R
09-17-2004, 11:29 AM
break in is i,portant (sorry am bleeding)
change oil after the first tank of gas and then 2 tanks
thats what i would do

stupid driver
09-17-2004, 11:46 AM
sounds good, have fun gettin used to the extra power:D

sharkinthepool
09-17-2004, 01:03 PM
If it is a well built 440 have fun. It is going to be a blast. But wase into the thing. The tolerances on that thing are mighty slim. It will take a couple of tanks of fuel to break it in. But once it is broke in man you will love it!!!

Did you do all the other work with it (I.E. porting and polishing, cam and valves)????:eek2:

Hope you have fun man I am excited for you:huh

440ex2001
09-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I have a ported and polished head and a stage one cam. I'm thinking of going to a stage2. Where can I get bigger valves and what all in involved? More machine work?

JDiablo
09-17-2004, 01:09 PM
i think you can get bigger valves,and the springs and hardened rocker arms and what not from like C&D,The Quad Shop,etc....and i would change the oil every time for like two gas tanks worth of riding,but for the first tank of gas,don't go over 3/4 throttle,and don't wheelie,etc,keep it nice and slow at a steady pace