PDA

View Full Version : A sick deal on rear suspension w/ rezzies

KingKash420
09-17-2004, 09:58 AM
hey i just came across a sick deal on ebay for ohlins and fox suspension for the rear, they were taken from cannondales but since i am about to put front ohlins suspension on my ex i was wondering if the rear would work as well

if the cannondale does not work how about the fox unit?

check them out for yourself and let me know

this is all the suspension he has for sale tell me if any of these would work for my 400ex (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fixturefan&include=0&since=-1&sort=10&rows=50&showpics=1&stab=0)

lil'redrocket
09-17-2004, 10:44 AM
kingkash,

If I was you I'd have the stock rear rebuilt. Check out DeRisi Racing, I hear they do great thing with suspension. There are also other good companys which rebuild shocks.

insaneracin2003
09-17-2004, 11:34 AM
shoot silverfox a pm,they just rebuilt my stock rear 400ex shock,set it up for mx and convertde it to elka ssd..........nice!!!!!!.oh yeah...thanks c&d

Rootar
09-17-2004, 10:17 PM
hey insaneracin2003

how much did that rebuild of yours set you back

cdalejef
09-18-2004, 03:13 PM
The rear shock will not work, it won't even bolt up. The standard front Ohlins that came on the Cannibal and Speed are not very good shocks. You will need to mill down the upper mounts and they have less travel than the stock Honda units.

insaneracin2003
09-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
hey insaneracin2003

how much did that rebuild of yours set you back
about 300 bucks plus shipping

KingKash420
09-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
The rear shock will not work, it won't even bolt up. The standard front Ohlins that came on the Cannibal and Speed are not very good shocks. You will need to mill down the upper mounts and they have less travel than the stock Honda units.

dont scare me now man i am about to drop 200 on a used set but the previous owner already had them installed on ex so i know they fit

but my plan was to ship these new shocks along with my stock rear out to desri racing and have him add millineum kits and then get elka quality suspension for about half the price