PDA

View Full Version : Sparta Kentucky

bcjet
09-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I know they ran the GNCC last weekend at Sparta. Has anyone heard if they are going to open it up to the public for riding or is it already open.:huh

Thanks
BC

Birddog5150
09-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Good question, I am curious to know that also..

remlapr
09-17-2004, 01:54 PM
This is the story as I've heard it:

It used to be a OHV park, but was closed by the owner in hopes of having the site selected for the airport for the KY speedway. However, about a month or so ago a different site was selected for the airport. Since then there have been rumors that it will re-open as a OHV park, I hope it happens - I never rode there, but I heard it was a good park...

Rico
09-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
This is the story as I've heard it:

It used to be a OHV park, but was closed by the owner in hopes of having the site selected for the airport for the KY speedway. However, about a month or so ago a different site was selected for the airport. Since then there have been rumors that it will re-open as a OHV park, I hope it happens - I never rode there, but I heard it was a good park...

If you want a good workout run the same track the Race was on.

It made Rausch creek look like a paved road....:eek2:

Oh Yeah I hope it opens too, pretty cool riding there.:macho

450r_rider
09-17-2004, 08:57 PM
I rode there when it was first opened and it was pretty good. I heard a year ago it was being looked at as an amusement park when they shut it down. I don't think that panned out or if it was true. I hadn't heard about the airport but is quite possible. It is so close to the KY speedway I'm suprised no one has bought it. I do know some people that knew the owners and I will check to see if he can find out if they are gonna re-open it. I will post back as soon as I find out........

bcjet
09-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks 450r rider

Let us know what you find out.

See ya going riding!!! BC:p

lukester720
09-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Theres a lot of different stories about that property, Its hard to tell which ones are true. The last one I heard about it shutting down was that the guy that owned it was a lawyer but people kept getting hurt so he shut it down:rolleyes: so who knows?:confused:

I will put my faith in Troy (450r_rider) I'm sure he will get the scoop!:cool:

ky300ex
09-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Anyone else with any information on this place re-opening?I live only 6 or 7 miles away from Sparta and i would love to see this place re-open.:cool:

bradley300
09-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Rico
If you want a good workout run the same track the Race was on.

It made Rausch creek look like a paved road...

sissy:rolleyes: :devil:

Rico
09-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

Note to self...

Smack Bradley upside da head next time you see him...:mad:

TheJaspMan
09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
My only fear with it being open to the public is the GNCC losing interest in holding a race there. If it gets worn out like your typical tri-state park (Haspin, Livingston, Big Rock...) then they will look for a better enviroment to hold the race.

It's a clean place. It's challenging. It has plenty of parking. And right now it is definetly you against the trail! I hope it stays that way!

CatMostFeared
10-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by bradley300

ditto:eek:

Rico
10-03-2004, 06:22 AM
And you guys are supposed to be non sissy's....:o