PDA

View Full Version : New cam break in procedure??

dodgeram
09-16-2004, 06:41 PM
I just installed a full yoshi exhaust system and hot cams stage 2 cam. How should I break it in? Any special riding techniques?

450 Racer R
09-16-2004, 07:00 PM
the directions on hotcams site say to ride at a certain number of rpm's for like 20 minutes than to adjust the valves again. The site suggests riding in the trails in like 3rd gear half revved. I just took it easy when mine was installed and i never adjusted the valves

Jersey450R
09-16-2004, 08:10 PM
i'm sticking to my theory i have lived by...:"Break it in like a p*ssy, its gonna ride like a p*ssy".

dodgeram
09-16-2004, 09:33 PM
If I break it in hard will I have to adjust the valves, or do they hold pretty good? Well the dealership is actually installing the cam so maybe they will run it and have it all adjusted.:rolleyes:

RedRacer44
09-16-2004, 10:32 PM
After installation, I just drove around in 2nd gear at the track in the parking lot at about half throttle and then took it onto the track. I didnt get on it hard but opened it up a little more. After that I just rode it like I usually do.....no problems here. No noise from the valves.

RedRacer44
09-16-2004, 10:33 PM
hey dodge...

where'd ya get your cam and exhaust from?? how much did they charge it for it if ya dont mind me asking? honda of tulsa doing the work for ya??

dodgeram
09-17-2004, 09:13 AM
yeah, Honda of Tulsa is doing the work, they are going to charge about 220 to put in the cam and jet the bike. I think it's a little expensive but since I don't know how, or don't want to try for fear of screwing up something I guess the price is fine. I bought the exhaust and cam off ebay.