09-16-2004, 05:59 PM
:(:mad:

CTmxyfz
09-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Throw them babysitters da beatin pappy!:mad: :mad:

Good kids you have also.:(

Guy400
09-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Damn, that sucks. So what's going on with the sitter?

Pappy
09-16-2004, 06:24 PM
well, it started last year really. we saw the signs and figured we would make new arrangements for this year. that was all done with only 1 day before school started our new babysitter backed out so we had no choice but to go back to the old one.

the babysitter had moved over the summer to a better area so we felt ok about it.

the first week or two wasnt bad but then we started getting lilman home and all he would do is cry and say he didnt want to go there. we chalked it up to it just being kid stuff and let it be.

so last week, we found out she forgot to go to the bus stop to get Codeman. he was busily walking down the road to her house when she finally arrived. so we figured ok....being late is rare.

so last week, we took off early and my wife figured we would surprise the youngest kid by getting him off the bus. when my wife turned off the main road, there stood our son (6) and her son (2) in the road. she was 60 yards up a small trail where the bus stop is yacking away with another mother. she couldnt see the children because i went and tried to see if i could see them today and you cannot. wouldnt matter if you could see them unless you just happen to like seeing small children hit by a car.

so we chalked that up to plain stupidity but started really grilling the kids when they came home.

we found out that her kids would eat ALL the breakfest food we sent over (we did include enough for her kids also and the same with an after school snack) no biggie but still not right.

so yesterday, it was picture day in school so the boys had on thier sundays best. when we pull in, codeman is muddy from playing but lilman was a friggon wet sloppy mess. flat out ignorance in my book to allow this to occur.

so we were a tad bit upset, and started talking about making other arrangements today.

we get there today only to learn she was 15 minutes late picking the little one off the bus and he got scared and went home with a nice lady who knew something wasnt right. we know this yet the babysitter failed to inform us about it.

so now, with no real notice we have decided my wife must quit working and be home for our kids. this in itself finacially isnt the best for us nor the best for the comapny we run.

sorry just needed to vent:(

theTman
09-16-2004, 06:34 PM
man sounds like a lowlife teen who only wants money

sry again pappy

Big400EX
09-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Ouch man that sucks, I think you should roll that baby sitter out in a ditch somewhere.:grr:

Maybe there is an afterschool program at the school or another day care center that can watch the kids after school.

400exmom
09-16-2004, 06:40 PM
so now, with no real notice we have decided my wife must quit working and be home for our kids. this in itself finacially isnt the best for us nor the best for the comapny we run.

[/QUOTE] THATS awesome GREAT choice!! im very proud of you and the mrs.!! our kids are only kids once~ ive lost my *** this summer and alot of material chit not workin and collecting unemployment ( half the income im used to)but i spent the whole summer with my kids just hangin out and being a full time mom~ trust me youll adjust and the kiddos will be better off and much happier and grow up and realize the sacrifice youve both made for them!:)

JRDrider22
09-16-2004, 06:41 PM
thats really sad to hear. we had a baby sitter around here lose a kid but we found him in the woods playing in the dirt

gyt-r450
09-16-2004, 06:51 PM
that suxs>sry pappy

wvspeedfreak
09-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Pappy...sorry to hear about your experience with the babysitter.At least you found out about it and made a change before something VERY bad happened to one of your kids.I know it will be tough with your wife having to sacrifice her job and stay home with the kids but I think you DEFINATELY made the right decision.

MOFO
09-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
you DEFINATELY made the right decision.

NO question about that.

Family comes first... heck, I know nobody needs to tell you that... I'm sorry that happened to your boys... in the short term and the long term you made the right decision.

Guy400
09-16-2004, 07:08 PM
Kenny, I can sympathize with you on not wanting someone else to watch your kids. When my wife found out she was pregnant we both agreed that there was no way we were sending our child to daycare. I'm not bashing daycares but I'm not comfortable with turning my small children over to someone who does not have the same moral, religious and disciplinary standards that I do. If it meant selling our cars and house to keep my wife at home than that's what we were willing to do. Fortunately, my mother (God bless her for her sacrifice) gave up her full-time job as a Director of Nursing where she was making excellent money to watch my daughter while my wife and I are working. Because of my wife's schedule we only need my mother on Monday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's but it still is comforting to know that I'm not turning my kid over to a stranger.

It may be tougher for your family financially but I think you'll reap rewards far greater than any money you may be giving up. Keep your chin up:)

Giz400ex
09-16-2004, 07:12 PM
My parents next door neighbor watches my son 3 days a week and lucky enough that my wifes job allows her to work 3 days a week, the other 2 she spends with him. I've been really blessed to have a sitter like the one I have now but she recently informed us that if we plan on having another baby soon, she will be unable to do so (my son is a wild man and can tire (sp?) anybody out). So that kinda sucks but in a situation that me and her are in, we wouldn't be able to live on 1 income. To me now a days its impossible, well I shouldn't say impossible but difficult!!!

Pappy
09-16-2004, 07:25 PM
thanks for the support.

we informed our employer that we had made the decision. either she is to work from home or she will find employment locally. we work together ...71 miles from our home. thats way too far to have any doubts about our childrens care.

to make matters more difficult, the babysitters husband runs a warehouse for me and is one of my best employees:( he has worked for me for 3 years. i dont have the heart to tell him what i think of his wife. im certain if he knew he would put a boot in her head but i feel its best to remain friends and keep this quiet. i honestly dont think any of this was intentional....but you dont get a second chance with my kids.

only thing that kind of pissed me off was the comment our employer made that maybe a paycut would be in order since there is no travel to work etc. i think he forgot we ride together and niether of us has taken a raise in almost 5 years:( i have 15 years in and she has 11 and we love our boss like family. the freedom we have is more then any nominal raise in pay could ever match so its not that important. but when your trying to convincer a man that all her work can be done at home you have to keep in mind he has no working conception of telecomuting:p

Punk'd
09-16-2004, 08:03 PM
WTF MAN! sew her *** thats total b/s she should have been watch your kids she has FULL responsibility of them so WTF..

If not sew her chew her *** out n get your kids out of there!
Someone could of tooken them but im glad there ok.

Whats wrong with people these days:grr: :mad:

HtFoxChick
09-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Wow. This is disturbing to me . Sorry you have to go threw this!! Your kids had to dread going there everyday!!!! :( Some time off for your wife is a good thing really. She has to be so worried about leaving them with just anyone anymore!! Hopefully, you can find a trustworthy sitter! There is good daycare out there, that love what they do. Good Luck Pappy!

khen
09-16-2004, 08:08 PM
When our first 2 kids were young we had them in a daycare and they were really happy, the daycare then shut down so we started taking them to a new daycare and we discovered the new provider was negligent much like yours.. The kids would cry when they had to go so we took them out of the daycare and my wife quit here job and started a daycare so she could be at home and still make an income.

I'm suprised at the percentage of bad daycares there are. The children my wife watched usually cried when they had to go home because they wanted to stay and play. The mothers felt a lot of comfort in that.

If all else fails your wife could consider watching a few kids in your home for some extra money. There is a high demand for good childcare, at least in my neck of the woods. We did a little advertising and within a month she was booked and had to turn down business.

AtvMxRider
09-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Kenny we had a problem with a babysitter a few years ago. My wife and I both worked days at the time. Well they got there a 3 and the babysitter would pick them up. I got home a 3:30 so they were only there for 30 minutes. I would always make my oldest son call me when he got off the bus to make sure they got there alright. Well one day he didn't call so I called. Well my oldest was crying saying the babysitter pushed him on the ground. Well needless to say I went the f*** off. I left work and got there as fast as I could and the ***** wouldn't even come to the door she sent her kids to the door to let mine out. I had called the wife and she went straight over there and comenced to cussing her out. Well now my wife works nights and I work days so we don't need a sitter anymore.

TheFontMaster
09-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Pappy just have the misses open up her own daycare thing. One of my friend's mom runs a daycare buisness, and she gets 100 dollars a week per kid. She makes about 800 doller per week at no expense to her. She is registered with something that gives her I think tax writ-offs for stuff the kids use. plow for the drive way so that it is safe. Gas for the cars anytime one of the daycare kids ride in it, same for when a kid is given rides on thier rancher. A kid plays a vieo game oo another tax write-off.

JOEX
09-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
thanks for the support.

we informed our employer that we had made the decision. either she is to work from home or she will find employment locally. we work together ...71 miles from our home. thats way too far to have any doubts about our childrens care.

to make matters more difficult, the babysitters husband runs a warehouse for me and is one of my best employees:( he has worked for me for 3 years. i dont have the heart to tell him what i think of his wife. im certain if he knew he would put a boot in her head but i feel its best to remain friends and keep this quiet. i honestly dont think any of this was intentional....but you dont get a second chance with my kids.

only thing that kind of pissed me off was the comment our employer made that maybe a paycut would be in order since there is no travel to work etc. i think he forgot we ride together and niether of us has taken a raise in almost 5 years:( i have 15 years in and she has 11 and we love our boss like family. the freedom we have is more then any nominal raise in pay could ever match so its not that important. but when your trying to convincer a man that all her work can be done at home you have to keep in mind he has no working conception of telecomuting:p
Sorry to here about your situation:(

I agree with your decision with her husband but have you considered contacting the authorities about this situation? Assuming she's a certified daycare provider. Someone with that much lack of responsibility should not be running a daycare facility.

Hope things work out:)

Ryan
09-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Im glad you found a reasonable solution.

Its very disturbing to know that someone can be so irresponsible about taking care of other people's children.

Pappy
09-16-2004, 09:15 PM
this is not a daycare center by anymeans. it is merely a family friend. i did pay her since she doesnt work, she has 3 kids of her own so is a full time mom/housewife. like i stated earlier i believe this to not be intentional at all.....merely a flaw in her character thats getting progressivly worse.

400grl
09-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Oh....Pappy....I got so PO'd just reading your post.......if she had treated my kids like that, I would have had to go kick her *****......not saying that's what you should have done.....but....I get kind of lioness-ish about my kids!!! No....really, though.....it makes me so sad to think of them having to spend whole days with someone who so obviously cared more about her kids than yours......they had to have felt that! :(

I spent the early years with my kids......I tried the daycare thing once or twice....but you know....there is a time and a place when your kids are ready....and then there are times/places when they just aren't. It's hard financially.....but your wife will cherish the fact that she got to be with your kids when they were young. And I'm sure they will be thrilled to be home with her......I don't remember too much about having NO money......but I DO remember how awesome it was to be with my angels - to watch them grow and learn and become little people......

Once they were old enough to need to be with other kids, I found an awesome place for them to be.......and as a matter of fact, they still go to school there!!! I got really really lucky....

And one more thing I learned.......I learned to listen to my kids. I learned to take them seriously when they said they didn't want to go to school that day....or they didn't want me to go to work for some reason.......my kids are normally good, happy kids, and when they start balking at things that I wouldn't think they'd balk at.....I sat them down and probed them until I found out what was going on......sometimes it takes a while to get it out of them.....but it has helped me SO much as they grow up! Kids are so incredibly smart and intuitive.......I found out I didn't give them the credit they deserved.....and so I started treating them like little adults.

They still went to school that day......and I still went to work....but I did manage to find out issues they were having at school and we were able to address them and fix things.......

And you know.....some days we just play hookie! :D I dont' tell them, but I sort of plan on one hookie day a quarter.....just to hang out. Why waste all your sick days being sick?? :) ;)

Sorry I sort of got off topic........but I'm SO GLAD you guys are doing what you are doing!!! :) Don't worry about the money....things have a way of working out when you are doing the right thing.......;)

allmixedup047
09-17-2004, 12:16 AM
people just dont understand. this is neglecting the things that mean the most in ones life. the two things that your whole world revolves around. this isnt quads or cars, this is the most priceless peice of fortune you have. thats not right when someone is not paying attention when a person has trusted them with there whole world!:(

daiglea
09-17-2004, 05:49 AM
Well you guys deffinatly got me scared. My son is now 9 month old and will be going to a daycare starting november. I would realy like my wife to stay home but we just can afford it right now. We got a nice lady to wach him but it's still scares me.

MY450R
09-17-2004, 06:28 AM
dont f*** with our kids !!!
sorry to hear that pappy i had a similar situation with my daughter
and absolutly NO second chance with her
anyway i blasted the daycare lady a new ahole and the wife stayed home for a few weeks till we got a new one
dumb ****** what the hell was she thinking letting kids stand in the road and chit i prolly woud've killed her

dirtmomma
09-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Well Pappy & Mrs. Pappy ;) it's a good decision to stay home w/ the boys I'm sure you know that!! I was a stay @ home Mom for my oldest till he was 5 then I went to work well once he started school I was working full time & his school work from 1st -till I quit working & took him out of after shool daycare was TERRIBLE!!! He just didn't get the attention he needed, he has been struggling since pretty much :( but last year he turned it all around & hit the HONOR ROLL :D I was going to go to work this year when my little guy went to kindergarten BUT have decided against it due to the fact we don't want him in daycare!! So we have struggled the last 5 yrs raising 2 boys on a single income(poor Ron) but he's worked his butt off so I can stay home. Now next year it will be better w/ 1st grade I will be able to go to work due to the fact that my oldest will be in 9th grade so he will be home to watch lil man :) Plus that daycare stuff IS EXPENSIVE :eek: Heck pappy you'll probably SAVE some $$
Good luck your kids are going to be much happier!!! You might want to go crazy but it'll pass LMAO

iride440ex
09-17-2004, 08:59 AM
That sux big time, There is nothing that pisses me off more than an adult treating a child like that I hope everything works out for you pappy and the best thing you could do is inform other parents that take there kids to her about what happened for there kids sake, My wife stayed home until our youngest was about 5 it was tough money wise but we made it.

Tony

Motoman440
09-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
well, it started last year really. we saw the signs and figured we would make new arrangements for this year. that was all done with only 1 day before school started our new babysitter backed out so we had no choice but to go back to the old one.

the babysitter had moved over the summer to a better area so we felt ok about it.

the first week or two wasnt bad but then we started getting lilman home and all he would do is cry and say he didnt want to go there. we chalked it up to it just being kid stuff and let it be.

so last week, we found out she forgot to go to the bus stop to get Codeman. he was busily walking down the road to her house when she finally arrived. so we figured ok....being late is rare.

so last week, we took off early and my wife figured we would surprise the youngest kid by getting him off the bus. when my wife turned off the main road, there stood our son (6) and her son (2) in the road. she was 60 yards up a small trail where the bus stop is yacking away with another mother. she couldnt see the children because i went and tried to see if i could see them today and you cannot. wouldnt matter if you could see them unless you just happen to like seeing small children hit by a car.

so we chalked that up to plain stupidity but started really grilling the kids when they came home.

we found out that her kids would eat ALL the breakfest food we sent over (we did include enough for her kids also and the same with an after school snack) no biggie but still not right.

so yesterday, it was picture day in school so the boys had on thier sundays best. when we pull in, codeman is muddy from playing but lilman was a friggon wet sloppy mess. flat out ignorance in my book to allow this to occur.

so we were a tad bit upset, and started talking about making other arrangements today.

we get there today only to learn she was 15 minutes late picking the little one off the bus and he got scared and went home with a nice lady who knew something wasnt right. we know this yet the babysitter failed to inform us about it.

sorry just needed to vent:(

Thats the best decision you will ever make. I made that same decision last November and yeah, money gets tight and ya can't buy the same amount of quad BS etc. etc. but all ya really have in life is family and the kids rank up there at number 1. Financial matters are only temporary but the outcome of your children is for the rest of your life. You made the right decision and it will take alot and I mean alot of stress out of your life. Congrats Ms. Pappy and enjoy them while they are still young!!!

400grl
09-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Diaglea......you can tell alot about the person watching your little one by a few things......gut feeling being one of them (the Mom's gut feeling!)....also....a good daycare provider will not have more than a few kids at a time......when they are under two, she really shouldn't have more than 3 or 4 at one time......also....you should be allowed to swing by/drop in unnanounced any time during the day without question!!!! And take FULL advantage of that.....! Also....when you do drop in, take close note of the kids....if they are happy, quiet, having fun........or if they seem to always be crying, dirty faces......if the place smells at ALL like dirty diapers......these are signs that she is not doing her job. Also, find out why the person is doing daycare...is it just for money? Do they have their own kids? Do they enjoy what they do?

There are some REALLY good childcare providers out there.....but they are few and far between. Do your homework, use your head, get referrals from people you know and trust.......and you will be able to find someone you like, I am sure. You might even have to go through a few before you find the right place, but if you do enough homework, usually you can find the right one the first time.

Rico
09-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Mrs. Rico will be staying home for the first few years when our bundle of joy arrives. She will have the opportunity to work from home for about 4 hours a day which is better than nothing. She doesn't want to, but I stated her not having that money to spend that she's had for 10 years is gonna be difficult. I've also started a new small business to help bring extra cash also

Momma's at home with the babies is best I think.

Pappy I know your boys aren't babies but somebody needs ta be Kikkked up for that womans actions....:mad:

wilkin250r
09-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Wow, I feel really fortunate.

My daughter's mother was a real peice of work. The pregnancy was a complete mistake, and I kicked her to the curb as soon as I could. Unfortunately, that left me solo to take care of the little one. Staying at home full time simply was not an option.

I found the sweetest old lady to take care of my daughter, and it was absolutely wonderful. This old lady lived with her daughter and family in a beautiful home, the youngest of the family was a teenage girl of 14 and absolutely adored my daughter. I worked nights, and often I would pick her up at midnight. On many occasions, they insisted on keeping my daughter all night to let her sleep, and I could pick her up in the morning, at no extra charge. My daughter was with them for a couple years, and even though they haven't watched my daughter for many years, we still stop in occasionally to say hi.

Pappy, back to your dilema. Personally, that is appalling. There should never be an excuse to be even five minutes late when picking up a small child from a bus-stop. If the child is 14, that's a different story, teenagers can take care of themselves and aren't scared to death if something out of the ordinary happens.

The only thing I can say is: if you find that your wife staying home is just too much of a financial burden, you might want to get some refferals from the pastor at your local church. By very nature, pastors are very social, and they know who is doing what, who watches kids, and who is good about it. Sure, some members of the church can be a little weird and over-zealous with their religion, but they are very rarely negligent. Perhaps your wife can work at home while you find a babysitter or daycare that you trust, and then return to work?

450Racer
09-17-2004, 09:23 PM
that's horrible. i would press charges if i were you. usually i would try to stay somewhat calm but i wouldn't have let her go that far. when it's lifechaning like that, i would definitly be active about that. i'm sorry for you and hope things work out.

LTandRaptorider
09-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Unfortunately, some people are just stupid and pressing charges wouldn't help. Sounds llike pappy's doing the right thing. Hopefully this woman grows up a little and learns to be responsible. People like pappy know how to place their kids safety and well-being first, and make sacrifices to do that. Also like Jerry (ATVMXrider) who sold his 400ex to have more money for his kids to race. Now that's an act of self-lessness... and Jerry, if I lived near you, you'd have use of my quads anytime you want... Well, the Raptor anyways... :p At the other end of the scale are people like pappy's babysitter... or someone I met first of this year... she hasn't worked in 6 months or so, sold her kids bikes, lost other stuff, hell, probably sold the laptop I gave her kids to use for school. When I asked why all that other stuff was on the chopping block, yet she still has the quad and races all the time, the answer I got still boggles my mind... because I'm selfish, I heard... and if I don't get to race, someone will get hurt. :eek: No, I don't have kids... mostly because I wasn't sure I'd make a good parent... and for that huge a responsiblity, I wanted to be absolutely certain. But I do know they would come first, no matter what. And nobody would f with them... twice. ;) Good luck pappy, give them boys an extra hug at bedtime... they may not appreciate the sacrifices you're making for them now, but we do. :cool:

And now I think I'm ready for a kid... so single hot chicks may send their pics to me! :eek2: j/k... don't get alarmed, people! :blah:

AtvMxRider
09-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Unfortunately, some people are just stupid and pressing charges wouldn't help. Sounds llike pappy's doing the right thing. Hopefully this woman grows up a little and learns to be responsible. People like pappy know how to place their kids safety and well-being first, and make sacrifices to do that. Also like Jerry (ATVMXrider) who sold his 400ex to have more money for his kids to race. Now that's an act of self-lessness... and Jerry, if I lived near you, you'd have use of my quads anytime you want... Well, the Raptor anyways... :p At the other end of the scale are people like pappy's babysitter... or someone I met first of this year... she hasn't worked in 6 months or so, sold her kids bikes, lost other stuff, hell, probably sold the laptop I gave her kids to use for school. When I asked why all that other stuff was on the chopping block, yet she still has the quad and races all the time, the answer I got still boggles my mind... because I'm selfish, I heard... and if I don't get to race, someone will get hurt. :eek: No, I don't have kids... mostly because I wasn't sure I'd make a good parent... and for that huge a responsiblity, I wanted to be absolutely certain. But I do know they would come first, no matter what. And nobody would f with them... twice. ;) Good luck pappy, give them boys an extra hug at bedtime... they may not appreciate the sacrifices you're making for them now, but we do. :cool:

And now I think I'm ready for a kid... so single hot chicks may send their pics to me! :eek2: j/k... don't get alarmed, people! :blah:

Thanks Bart :)

tp300ex
09-19-2004, 07:27 PM
dude wat r u going to do?:confused:

QuadJunkies
09-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
NO question about that.

Family comes first... heck, I know nobody needs to tell you that... I'm sorry that happened to your boys... in the short term and the long term you made the right decision. Exactly.... That is why I work Swing Shift and Troyworks Days.. For ten years my kids have NEVER had to be in DayCare thnk goodness!! I know alot of people have no other choice ,its hard to work nights and get back up early to get them off to school,but I feel good knowgin that they always hav at least one parent at home at all times... Im sorry to hear that happened, just glad it wasnt something far worse.....:(

wilkin250r
09-20-2004, 11:29 AM
I HAVE to send my kid to daycare. Otherwise, she drives me insane! :mad:

Actually, she's not bad, or hyper. She's just TOO social. She constantly talks talks talks, and she constantly NEEDS a response. So I send her to daycare to entertain her, so she can socialize with other kids, because I don't have the energy to keep her entertained. It probably wouldn't be so bad if she had a brother or sister to pal around with. Then they could entertain each other.

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It probably wouldn't be so bad if she had a brother or sister to pal around with. Then they could entertain each other. LOL... Yeah entertain.... riiiiight.........:p My kids idea of entertainment and paling around is to see who can inflict more pain on each other :eek2: And on the track. ohhhh... Thats a touchy subject when they both race against each other...right now to my Daughter Kelsey, here lil brother is just a pain in her @ss casue she is getting older and well............... Hes a typical boy!! And LOVES to torment his Big Sis....